NC Leaf Orders

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was able to enable my Carwings on Nissan's site. It gave me a VIN and everything.

I thought I had read somewhere that the VIN wasn't available until the car hit the US port?

Anyone know if that is the case or not?

harryjpowell said:
I was able to enable my Carwings on Nissan's site. It gave me a VIN and everything.

I thought I had read somewhere that the VIN wasn't available until the car hit the US port?

Anyone know if that is the case or not?

That used to be the assumption although I'm not sure if its true. I got my VIN about a month ago but the delivery isn't until the beginning of November. It should be the first delivery at Southern States Nissan.

walter said:
Mine went active yesterday and I have a December delivery date :!:

What model (SL or SV) did you order and what color?

I'm trying to figure out how you and I, both of whom both have Month of December 2011 delivery dates managed to get our VINs so early (I got mine yesterday).

Mine is Cayenne red and I ordered the SL loaded. I know we got vin numbers but my delivery date is still December 15th. We shall see what we shall see. Would be nice for the holidays..... :)

harryjpowell said:
My reservation was done 8/4/2011
Order completed 8/10/2011

WooHoo!!

My order was also completed 8/10 (thru Modern Nissan in Winston-Salem) so hopefully I'll also get some info!

It's nice to see some activity on the NC Leaf Order thread finally.

I also have an assessment tomorrow AM from the Duke Energy EVSE program, will post how that went tomorrow

Larry
Cayenne Red SL in Greensboro (all I want for Christmas is my too-delayed Leaf)

Here's mine:
Updated my signature with details!

It still says "Month of Dec" so hope its already en-route!

Hi folks - I hadn't seen this area for discussion before. Cool!
I ordered 7/29 and got a November 9th delivery (after just seeing "November" for awhile). Then
it updated to a November 8th delivery. It still says that.

I still have not received a VIN email or Carwings setup email (I was told I should get one). I
have not received much of anything from Nissan itself, other than updates to "My Account".

However, my charger is installed (looks like the one someone else sent in) as part of the Duke
Energy ChargeCarolinas pilot program - it is up and running and ready for my car. Would love
to know where folks are getting their details about shipping and VIN. Just had a live chat with a
Nissan rep and he said he'd look me up and email me.

My installer (Friday, 10/16) said he had installed another about 6 miles from me, so I know I won't
be the only one in Chapel Hill!

If your delivery is scheduled for November 8th, your car might have been unloaded yesterday from the Courageous Ace in Jacksonville, FL or be on its way to being unloaded in Newark. As far as I know, the next ship to unload LEAFs in JAX is the Hoegh Trident and that will arrive on Nov 14th.

Give it a week or so for clearing customs, applying decals if you order them, and it will be on its way to your dealership. :D

Interesting to see many people getting the Duke Power EVSE. I was told only 75 were being deployed in the carolinas. Mine was installed earlier this week and I am in Hillsborough.

Just contacted Nissan to see if there was any update to "month of December" status as I see others have gotten more specific info directly from them. Here is my info:

Reserved 4/20/2010
Ordered 8/25/2011
Website status "month of December"
Nissan live chat "we will update you with more specific information in late November"

I was hoping for a little more than that, but so be it. I'll get it eventually...

My EVSE was installed today...free...thanks to the Duke Energy Pilot Program! Yeah!

Now I just need the car....still says "month of December"...

It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood, just logged onto my Nissan page and my delivery date has been moved UP to November 25th. What to do :roll: Looks like the east coast is going to have falling Leafs of all colors this fall :lol:

Hey guys, I'm picking mine up tomorrow from Southern States in Raleigh. I think the dealer said that there were two that came in on the truck.

Great to hear, the first east coast delivery ! and maybe the first 2012!!!!

my dash is holding at week of November 8th

course yours said November 4th and they beat that didnt they!!!!!!!

mine must be real close!!!!!

rnkepler said:
Hey guys, I'm picking mine up tomorrow from Southern States in Raleigh. I think the dealer said that there were two that came in on the truck.

Lucky Dog!!

Just now got my delivery date :D : December 12 after my initial order placed August 10 - Carwings is now open, etc.
Woo Hoo!! Hoping I get it in earlier too (looks like some late August orders are arriving in NC in late November...)

FWIW, Crown Nissan (Greensboro) has a new LEAF saleman - Joshua Lewis [nice guy whom I met briefly this week]; unfortunately, I had to RAQ/buy thru Modern Nissan in Winston Salem since my hometown dealer wasn't LEAF certified until late August.

Hope to hear from any other Triad MNL members.

Larry

Cayenne Red SL

Back