NC Leaf Orders

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Ken, Check this out. Charge Points. also in Statesville. I called and they said they should be turned on today. :mrgreen:

Name: ENERGY UNITED / CHILDRESS 01
Address: 517 Vineyards Crossing, Lexington, North Carolina 27295, United States
Description: Shoppes at Childress Vineyards
Status as of: 2012-02-10 13:26:26 (EST)
Port 1: 120V, 16A, NEMA 5-20R:Available
Port 2: 208/240V, 30A, J1772:Available
Access: Unrestricted
Action: Get Directions

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 71
Thanks muleferg!

I am going to have to check those ChargePoint stations out! I already have their card.

Here in Salisbury there is a family that is purchasing a total of six Leafs. He says that they are going to install a DC fast charger at their place of business (a food processing plant). Last we spoke, he had the pricing for the $10K fast charger in hand.

Best,
Ken Clifton

CarZin said:
10k for a fast charger? I dont think that is right. Last one I looked at was 40k.

No, Nissan came out with one in the $10K ball-park. I don't know if you can actually get one yet, but it's been announced:

http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41703" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

According to the poster, it sounded like an already quoted job. The Nissan charger won't be out for months. And the install is likely to be rather large with 3 phase.

There are two L2 charging stations at Central Carolina Community College, Pittsboro campus, downtown Pittsboro. I haven't seen these on any charging station locator maps thus far. They are convenient to Hiway 64 and 15-501.

NCsunEV said:
There are two L2 charging stations at Central Carolina Community College, Pittsboro campus, downtown Pittsboro. I haven't seen these on any charging station locator maps thus far. They are convenient to Hiway 64 and 15-501.

You can post them in PlugShare and then we all can find them. Thanks.

pclifton said:
...Here in Salisbury there is a family that is purchasing a total of six Leafs. He says that they are going to install a DC fast charger at their place of business (a food processing plant). Last we spoke, he had the pricing for the $10K fast charger in hand....Ken Clifton

Thanks for the info - at midway between Greensboro and Charlotte, that would be great for longer trips - any chance you could forward a quest to that family/business to allow MNL members to charge for $5-10??

Hi All,
This is my first post here though I've been lurking for several months. We put in our reservation for a 2012 SL (Blue ocean with splash guards and floor mats) on 12/23. It's taken us nearly 2 months but we got to the point to request a quote. We spent about 6 weeks waiting to see if we got into the Progress Energy Charging Station Program (which I learned about here). Which we did. We then waited another 2 weeks to get a home assessment which happened last week. We got to request a quote last night from Southern States Nissan in Raleigh. Today, we got back our price quote and I'd like to pass it by you all to see if it seems reasonable.

• 37,200 -- 2012 SL with splash guards and floor mats
    489 -- Processing/doc fee
    1116 -- 3% Sales tax
    74 -- Tag/title
    38,879 -- Total

Does not include destination fee which I assume is 850. Does that vary at all? Are there any other fees I should be aware of? The processing fee seems a little higher than what I've seen elsewhere but then the MRSP is a little lower so it may be all a wash.

So does that sound reasonable?

Thanks
Kerry
North Raleigh

kao said:

1116 -- 3% Sales tax
    74 -- Tag/title
    38,879 -- Total

I think that's just about what I paid. Can't remember the base cost, but those are the exact fees I paid.

Welcome aboard!

kao said:
Today, we got back our price quote and I'd like to pass it by you all to see if it seems reasonable.

1116 -- 3% Sales tax
    74 -- Tag/title
    38,879 -- Total

Does not include destination fee which I assume is 850. Does that vary at all? Are there any other fees I should be aware of? The processing fee seems a little higher than what I've seen elsewhere but then the MRSP is a little lower so it may be all a wash.

$850 is standard and I think you should expect to pay that. 3% is the law. $74 is the standard rate.

I'm with you on the +/- stuff...your MRSP quote is lower than mine last year ($37,250 for 2012 SL with floor mats, but no spash guards). The processing/doc fee is the extra fudgy bit that dealerships in NC added. Since I got mine from a California dealership, I didn't pay that. I've see it quoted in NC as high as $600 or so and also seen it a bit lower than $489 (perhaps $200)...there's a post in NC Leaf Orders about late July 2011 where someone posted each NC dealer's doc fee. That's your only place for a little wiggle that I know of.

I guess Nissan lowered the MSRP on the 2012 LEAF? Or perhaps the dealership lowered their MSRP piece in your quote. Either way, you're in the range.

You'll LOVE it when it arrives....I don't even know what the price of gas is anymore!

--Sarah

lpickup said:
kao said:

1116 -- 3% Sales tax
    74 -- Tag/title
    38,879 -- Total

I think that's just about what I paid. Can't remember the base cost, but those are the exact fees I paid.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks Lance and Sarah for the posts. We accepted the quote yesterday! Today, we had an email from AV to go ahead and schedule our charging station installation. So things are starting to move a little. I have to say that Southern States quickly turned around the RAQ. We put the RAQ in on Tuesday night and we got the quote by midday Wednesday.

We can't wait. My wife is going to be the primary driver but I hope she lets me drive it once in a while :D

kao said:
We accepted the quote yesterday! Today, we had an email from AV to go ahead and schedule our charging station installation. So things are starting to move a little. I have to say that Southern States quickly turned around the RAQ. We put the RAQ in on Tuesday night and we got the quote by midday Wednesday.

We can't wait. My wife is going to be the primary driver but I hope she lets me drive it once in a while :D

We got a call from Southern States Nissan yesterday telling us the car was in and we could pick it up that evening. They were very nice there and we picked up the car last night. I think we were either car number 28 or 29 from that dealer -- they said they had sold 28 Leafs so I'm not sure if that was including mine or not. It only took a month from the time I accepted their quote to getting the car. They said that this car was already built and they just matched the car to the order.

They also said that some time in May they would start getting allocations. So it sounds like in a few months anyone should be able to go to a Nissan dealer and buy a car off the lot.

Today my wife let me take it to work -- she gets it the next two days. Everyone at work was interested and several people had said they were actually thinking about getting one. At lunch I had two people ask me what kind of car that was and when I told them it was a Leaf they got really excited.

I've only had it a day but what a blast!

Back