MY ZEV license plate at LAX, Why did you unplug my Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr. eBay
http://pages.ebay.com/sell/sellerprofiles/everydaysource.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4EJwg-P8dI[/youtube]

Wait... So Jack is the jackass? :lol:

Although if he's from Berkely, LAX is a *long* way from home in a LEAF. Funny thing is I think I've actually bought from that guy on eBay...

EDIT: Actually it was through Amazon. Probably the same eForCity though... Also at eForCity.com.

Here's my Charge Protocol Card, but when I uploaded it, the actual size is much smaller. Mine uses the whole 81/2 x11 paper and the lettering is much larger. When I printed it out from MS Word, the bottom two parts (clouds and wording) didn't print so it comes out nicely. Thanks again Ray for the MS Word conversion using 'Paint'.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4j80o8&s=7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GeekEV said:
Although if he's from Berkely, LAX is a *long* way from home in a LEAF....
From the evilBay link above: "He and his partners now have 180 employees and offices in El Monte (California)..."

TT

mwalsh said:
Sent him a link to this thread via his FB account. Anything that probably needs redacting, now would be the time to do it. ;)

Can't wait to hear his version of the story :) May well be something like "That is not my car - I'm just collecting license plate pictures".

Valdemar said:
mwalsh said:
Sent him a link to this thread via his FB account. Anything that probably needs redacting, now would be the time to do it. ;)

Can't wait to hear his version of the story :) May well be something like "That is not my car - I'm just collecting license plate pictures".
Or a more effective ones like: "I found it like that. I didn't do it. It wasn't me. I wasn't driving...", all of which could actually be true.

Time to mount the go pro camera in time lapse mode in the cabin.... :)

For the record, I live close enough to LAX that I won't ever plan on charging there (unless of course, I need to..) ;-)

JimSouCal said:
For the record, I live close enough to LAX that I won't ever plan on charging there (unless of course, I need to..) ;-)

And I already know I can make it there and back home again by simply being careful, so you guys probably won't have to worry about unplugging me either!

Is charging at LAX free? I always park there but have yet to utilize the chargers. I don't think I have a charepoint account to do so.

mwalsh said:
I'm told you don't need a Chargepoint card to get the J1772 to release on the free stations...any RFID card will work.
Are you sure about this Mike? I use ChargePoint quite frequently and it rejects my card on occasion due to a read error. It appears that they are actually attempting to authorize my account and are communicating with their backend.

What's an RFID? :shock:

I think there is a small fee to set up a Chargepoint account.

surfingslovak said:
Are you sure about this Mike? I use ChargePoint quite frequently and it rejects my card on occasion due to a read error. It appears that they are actually attempting to authorize my account and are communicating with their backend.

It's what I've been told. Never tried myself, because I have a CP card.

mwalsh said:
It's what I've been told. Never tried myself, because I have a CP card.
Ah, that makes sense then. I'm pretty sure that you need a valid CP to use it, although some folks were reportedly able to initiate a session by calling the CS number listed on the station. I would heartily recommend getting a CP card.

Back