MY ZEV license plate at LAX, Why did you unplug my Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DarkStar said:
Mastercard calls it "PayPass" - Discover Card calls it "Zip" - Visa calls it "Blink"...

You forgot "payWave"!
http://www.chaseblink.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
New places to use your convenient Chase card with blink are popping up every day. Remember, you can use blink wherever Visa payWave and MasterCard PayPass are accepted.

And Amex "Express pay":
http://www.americanexpress.com/expresspay/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I guess all these RFID payment mechanisms fall under the "Tap and Go" umbrella...
http://www.discoverrfid.org/what-is-possible/travelling-smart/quick-and-easy-recharge-for-electric-cars.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any response other than non-response from MY ZEV person of interest yet?

The primate aspect of my troop behavior repertoire seeks satisfaction... If non-response holds, digital hazing might manifest, and there are plenty of honorable and easy ways to do it.

He really should respond to: deny, apologize, or whatever... Or perhaps, cloak and lose the vanity plate amongst the small pond of LEAFs.

JimSouCal said:

The primate aspect of my troop behavior repertoire seeks satisfaction... If non-response holds, digital hazing might manifest, and there are plenty of honorable and easy ways to do it.

He really should respond to: deny, apologize, or whatever... Or perhaps, cloak and lose the vanity plate amongst the small pond of LEAFs.

Lol! Forgiveness is the path to inner peace!

mwalsh said:
JimSouCal said:

Lol! Forgiveness is the path to inner peace!
Bring to bear all the understanding you may wish... Nonetheless, he has been called out, and for his own karma chain and well being, address the issue, and face the 15-P LEAF posse--or whatever log level of P it has grown to by now.

He's probably charging at Cal State LA right now. :)

Vitor said:
Thanks a million Mike, I just started the charge.

I will delay my departure until I get what I need to get back.
I'm at LAX often. IM, maybe we can meet or pay you the favor with lunch.
BTW, I learned that there was a meeting with Airport and DWP to continue the replacement of the old charging stations in parking structure #1 and parking structure #6.

I'm also lobbying to get one installed in the West side of the Airport, where all the airline employees park, I have see a few Volts on that side, but not Leaf(s), only mine.

True, I remember the unplug sheet of paper somewhere, anybody has a link to it?

I really do love ladwp haha

Wow, this thread went all over the place.

Update as of Thursday, 9/1/11, 6:00 AM. MY ZEV is still there. So much of a hurry to stop my charging to get his. Leaf full of dust.

The place was packed to the gills this morning. I was not able to find a charger L1 or L2.

I drove to the other side of the airport and plugged to an outdoor outlet and then called somebody to ask for forgiveness.
That got me a meeting with somebody who can make things happen. I explained the need for more chargers in parking #1 and parking #6.

Vitor said:
That got me a meeting with somebody who can make things happen. I explained the need for more chargers in parking #1 and parking #6.
That is the crux of this issue in a certain way. Thanks for taking the time to provide input to someone who may matter.

More 120VAC plugs would address much of the need, I think. Thinking out loud, an L3 at Century Blvd. and the 405 might not be a bad idea either...

lots of issues, from free parking to BEVs that dont need to recharge while parked for two months.

Why should BEVs (or anyone) get free parking?.. Yes I know we all like free stuff but its not really fair that you wealthy people get free stuff off the back of working people (you cant get anything from non-taxpayers).

My proposal (mostly for airports parking lots) is no free parking but available L3 charging.. but only one L3 charger by the exit toll booth, and the driver that uses it must stay in the car while it charges. When its done he just waves to the booth attendant and drives off.. if demands merits then install two L3 chargers.

1. enhanced security
2. no iced parking spot
3. no BEV hogging the charger with a full battery
4. guaranteed ability to charge your car if needed
5. lower installation and maintenance cost, more efficient utilization of the equipment
6. promotes the installation of L3 ports in all BEVs

and no free charging either.. better if we start with two chargers, in case one is down for repairs.

Nice idea, but I don't think any of the PHEVs plan to have quick charge ports.
Plus there is a standards war going on over the high speed charge port, so unless you plan a Leaf only CHAdeMO solution, it is a ways off from being a viable alternative.

The plug-ins dont need it, and if the connector changes (and it may not) then the L3 chargers get updated with a new connector, or not.

Herm said:
Why should BEVs (or anyone) get free parking?...

Because some parts of society see that we have some bad habits (oil consumption addiction) and they are trying to use incentives to convince more people to adopt a preferable approach. In a way it is a "consolation prize" for those willing to accept limited range for the better good.

Why are there tax incentives for people with children? For home owners with a mortgage? Why do cars with 2 or more passengers get to use a special lane in some places?

Herm said:
The plug-ins dont need it...

So what do you propose for them? No free parking and no free charging? Just keep using gas?
Or do the PHEVs get the charge spots, and the 100% ZEVs have to wait in line for the quick charger on the way out?

TEG said:
Herm said:

So what do you propose for them? No free parking and no free charging? Just keep using gas?
Or do the PHEVs get the charge spots, and the 100% ZEVs have to wait in line for the quick charger on the way out?

I think $7500 of tax credits per 16kwh of battery is plenty, and our thanks of course!

Probably not the right thread to report this but it looks like there will be 2, hopefully new, charging stations at Metrolink Station in Chatsworth. They had old ones on the South-side parking lot where the Orange Line extension construction is taking place now, rendering them inaccessible. I noticed today they orange-coned an area on the North-side parking lot and marked 2 spots with letters EV where supposedly the chargers will be installed. I'm hoping they won't just relocate the old useless chargers as they don't even have J1772 on them, I think. I live nearby so they won't be much use for me, but anyone who drives there from other areas may be able to get a charge sometime soon.

Herm said:
lots of issues...
At least there is one thing we agree on--lots of issues.

I remember when parking was mostly free in Southern California in the early sixties, and then the parking racketeers arrived from back East about 40 years ago. Many of the parking companies are traded stocks, and they also have revenue sharing deals with landlords. The have steadily been raising rates and reducing service (not manning sites but using credit card readers).

For example, the parking in Santa Monica was built by taxpayer funds, and there were no gate arms, so folks were encouraged to come shop in the area.

The business model for parking is based on charging what the market will bear in all cases, and controlling competition by elimination.

I have no problem with parking for free at LAX as most of the space in the complex remain at a low percentage of capacity as the parking operators seek a model that maximized revenue rather than usage.

I would never pay $40 day to park there, but by allowing ZEVs to park there, externalties, such as pollution and resource depletion are mitigated.

So, yes, by allowing ZEVs taking one trip to take a flight, and one trip home, has benefits compared to having a friend double that in mileage, and more so in using a finite resource.

That's my argument and evidence.

Herm said:
TEG said:
Herm said:

I think $7500 of tax credits per 16kwh of battery is plenty, and our thanks of course!

Each to his own. Some folks in congested areas have got a LEAF primarily for the HOV pass it is entitled to. I believe a variety of incentives is the right approach. $7,500 means nothing to someone who is independantly wealthy, but the HOV pass may mean a lot since it can't be bought (legally). Free parking means nothing to the wealthy, but priority parking may. We are all different and incentives affect us differently.

Back