Meeting with Nissan, Phoenix, Jan 8, 2013, 6pm, drinks prior

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all- thanks for your flexibility as we've tried to make this event accessible to as many LEAF drivers as possible on short notice. Please feel free to forward this updated info to any owners (esp local ones) who might not see it here.

chels.

Nissan LEAF Town Hall Meeting

You are invited to attend a meeting we have scheduled next week as an opportunity for Nissan LEAF owners to meet key members of the LEAF team and participate in a discussion covering the recently announced enhanced battery warranty. In addition, we plan to preview (before our formal announcement) the new 2013 Nissan LEAF to guests in attendance.

When: Tuesday, January 8th:

5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.: Cocktails and informal viewing of 2013 Nissan LEAF.

6:00 p.m. - 7:30 pm: Meeting and discussion with:

* Andy Palmer, Executive Vice President - Nissan Motor Co., Ltd
* Billy Hayes, Vice President of Global Sales for the Nissan LEAF
* Jeff Kuhlman, Nissan Head of Global Communications

Where:

Hotel Valley Ho - Sands Meeting Room (see parking below)
6850 East Main Street, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
(480) 248-2000

Quick Charging Available and Parking: We'll be able to provide quick charging on-site, to those who may require it. The Sands meeting area is adjacent to both parking and the Quick Charger, and is located at the corner of 69th Street and Indian School; we'd encourage guests to park there.

RSVP: [email protected]

We look forward to seeing you Tuesday evening in Scottsdale, exchanging information, and sharing details on the soon-to-be announced 2013 Nissan LEAF.

is this the American 2013 LEAF?? wow...missed out again. part of the "forgotten Northwest" the NFL does not take us seriously. the NBA abandoned us...Even Sasquatch moved out!

DaveinOlyWA said:
is this the American 2013 LEAF?? wow...missed out again. part of the "forgotten Northwest" the NFL does not take us seriously. the NBA abandoned us...Even Sasquatch moved out!

Ha! Yes, it is the American version. And being from LA, can relate to being abandoned by NFL. :)

evchels said:
....However, questions on any topic are welcome (pm or email are fine too) and I will start to circulate a similar list of questions and topics for the general advisory board in another thread, especially as we are tentatively coming up on a meeting between Nissan and the board in a few weeks. But if we can get some answered tuesday in addition to the main discussion, even better!

Hi Chelsea:

I probably can't get there, but I always have a few things I'm wondering about. One of them lately is this (not sure if this has been asked answered elsewhere, but I haven't seen it answered):

In the interview/video you did with Andy Palmer, I think Andy said something about leasing being Nissan's "preferred" path at some point (or something in that ballpark). Today I saw that Desert Dweller asked a question in the Tucson thread here:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=331&start=80" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

as to trading in his 2011 Leaf that he owns and leasing another Leaf. As he writes in his .sig:

"...18 months, 9055 miles, 11 bars.
Loving my Leaf, regretting my purchase instead of a lease."

I guess my question is toggled to -

whether or to what extent Nissan (particularly in Arizona where I'm thinking resale values can be a problem) is willing to work with Leaf buyers to get them into a Leased Leaf without them having to spend dozens of man-hours trying to battle uphill to get what might be considered a "reasonable" deal on the matter.

I have other questions, but maybe better to develop them later.

evchels said:
Hi all- thanks for your flexibility as we've tried to make this event accessible to as many LEAF drivers as possible on short notice. Please feel free to forward this updated info to any owners (esp local ones) who might not see it here.

chels.

Nissan LEAF Town Hall Meeting

You are invited to attend a meeting we have scheduled next week as an opportunity for Nissan LEAF owners to meet key members of the LEAF team and participate in a discussion covering the recently announced enhanced battery warranty. In addition, we plan to preview (before our formal announcement) the new 2013 Nissan LEAF to guests in attendance.

When: Tuesday, January 8th:

5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.: Cocktails and informal viewing of 2013 Nissan LEAF.

6:00 p.m. - 7:30 pm: Meeting and discussion with:

* Andy Palmer, Executive Vice President - Nissan Motor Co., Ltd
* Billy Hayes, Vice President of Global Sales for the Nissan LEAF
* Jeff Kuhlman, Nissan Head of Global Communications

Where:

Hotel Valley Ho - Sands Meeting Room (see parking below)
6850 East Main Street, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
(480) 248-2000

Quick Charging Available and Parking: We'll be able to provide quick charging on-site, to those who may require it. The Sands meeting area is adjacent to both parking and the Quick Charger, and is located at the corner of 69th Street and Indian School; we'd encourage guests to park there.

RSVP: [email protected]

We look forward to seeing you Tuesday evening in Scottsdale, exchanging information, and sharing details on the soon-to-be announced 2013 Nissan LEAF.

I believe that parking lot (and QC) is at the corner of 68th St. and Indian School.

Any updates on whats going on there?

I'm pretty antsy to see what the representatives of the community here are able to see/talk about. Any pics of the 2013? I know they said they will unveil the details on the auto show but i think it would b a nice treat to get a glimpse at this meeting :)

I thought there might be a little live blog or something.

I'd imagine it ran overtime and that perhaps there will be lots of smaller conversations afterward w/individual Nissan folks after it officially adjourns.

They had PLENTY to discuss.

This is Jeff from Nissan.

The meeting concluded at about 7:45pm here in Phoenix, and there was a lot of post-meeting discussion. (Actually, it's still going on.) About 70 people attended.

On behalf of Andy Palmer and Billy Hayes, thank you to all of the owners and LEAF enthusiasts who attended.

It was a passionate discussion and a lot of issues were discussed. We have some questions to answer that remained opened, and we took a number of suggestions -- on both the engineering side and the customer treatment side. We will try and come back to this forum with those answers.

Also, glad that we could introduce the MY2013 LEAF to everyone tonight. Look online for all of the details at 9:00 a.m. EST tomorrow.

All the best,

Jeff

Hawk0630 said:
Also, glad that we could introduce the MY2013 LEAF to everyone tonight. Look online for all of the details at 9:00 a.m. EST tomorrow.

All the best,

Jeff

Oooh, I'm setting my alarm for 0600 Pacific, Wednesday, so I can be first to know the details. Thanks, Jeff.

Hawk0630 said:
Awesome. Sorry to go OT, but will the '13 Leaf be on display at the San Jose (Silicon Valley) Auto Show at http://www.motortrendautoshows.com/sanjose" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

cwerdna said:
Awesome. Sorry to go OT, but will the '13 Leaf be on display at the San Jose (Silicon Valley) Auto Show at http://www.motortrendautoshows.com/sanjose" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Not likely. Look for it's first exhibition to be at the Detroit show next week.

LEAFguy said:
cwerdna said:

Not likely. Look for it's first exhibition to be at the Detroit show next week.
SF BayLEAFs is having a sneak peak as well on 1/12/13 per http://sfbayleafs.org/event/sf-bayleafsggeva-january-meeting/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

I probably won't be going all the way up there though. SF is far for me and I suspect parking around there will be an issue.

Back