Leaves in the Wild

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw my third one, a glacier pearl, driving in Chandler. He was ahead of us so I sped up (whilst keeping to one bubble and the speed limit), got along side, honked and waved. There was no extra tinting so I knew it wasn't Gonewild or Skywagon.

Saw a blue Leaf traveling West on Wilshire Blvd at the 405 in West LA about 7:08 PM tonite. I was driving my blue Leaf south on 405 and got off on the Wilshire West offramp. Anyone on this board driving the other blue Leaf.?

Went to PF Changs in Woodland Hills yesterday in my blue Leaf. To my amazement, another blue Leaf pulled into the lot and parked next to me!

I saw a blue Leaf with Boardwalk sign in license plate on 7/21 on Hollenbeck Ave. in Sunnyvale. It was behind me, and we exchanged waves as he turned. Today I saw a blue Leaf with Boardwalk plate in Cupertino, corner of McClellan Road and DeAnza Blvd. If the driver hasn't joined us at the monthly Bayleafers meeting, next meeting on Aug. 13 - location to be announced on MNL.

I saw a blue one going north on Barham between the Cahuenga Pass and Universal this morning. I was going south and there were other cars between us so I'm not sure he/she saw me.

Last night in the parking garage at the movie theater in RWC, an identical blue Leaf was in one of the other EV reserved spots. When I came back, it was gone and replaced with another blue Leaf. At Stanford Shopping Center, I'm seeing at least one of the two EV parking spaces occupied all the time, and sometimes both. I'm wondering when nearly all EV spaces are going to be fully occupied all the time. What will we do without preferential parking spaces with free charging?

P.S.: to the second Leaf, serial number 2086, if you are reading this, please don't park one foot away from the car on your right, making it impossible for the other driver to open his/her driver's door. Maybe if it's an SUV, but not another Leaf.

As Jerry Seinfeld quipped (paraphrasing): What is the parking situation at the Special Olympics ? They must stack all those cars into just one spot !

Looking forward to the day when EVs outnumber ICEs (again) :) The world around them will re-adjust, and we will need to have patience while it does so, ever so slowly (for our impatient souls).

Saw my first one. Nice silver one quietly slipping through the giant trees next to Lacamas lake. It was a bit dirty. Must have been out playing in the rain.

Well we have been in Maui for 2 days now and we saw a blue leaf on the road day 1 and a silver LEAF parked parked today:)

mogur said:
There are enough of them in the Los Angeles area now that rarely does a day go by when I don't see at least one other...
It is not like we spend all our time in the Antelope Valley, but until this past weekend we had never seen a Leaf anywhere in LA county except on a dealer lot. On Saturday, however, our daughter spotted a white one behind us in Valencia, north-bound on McBean. We slowed. and they passed us, only to turn right on Newhall Ranch Road. Two gals inside with a Fontana Nissan dealer plate on rear.

I just saw a red one yesterday in Pullman, WA! That surprised me. Is that person on this forum anywhere?

So I wonder if anyone was amazed to see a Blue LEAF with Tennessee plates in the wild on US 1 bewteen New York City and Philadelphia, or on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, both places I've been with the Hertz rental LEAF the past couple days. So far as I can tell, most people think the LEAF is another hybrid...

Last week I had a car full of kids, looked in the rear view mirror and a brand new black Leaf with Future Nissan dealer plates sped up to me, a friendly fellow Leaf gal waved to me. We were on Greenback at Sunrise Blvd in Citrus Heights, then an hour later, saw the same car in the Target parking lot. While in Berkeley this past weekend, we saw a blue Leaf. When we visit CAL, we always seem to spot a Leaf! Love my car :cool:

Back