Leaves in the Wild

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw my second LEAF in the wild today! At about 9:50AM on Bristol Rd., it was a black LEAF (like mine) very close to Jacksonville Rd. and Ivyland. He was headed toward Jacksonville Rd.; I was headed toward Davisville Rd.

The first LEAF I saw in the wild was a red LEAF with a Fred Beans sticker near the Sheraton Bucks Country about 3 months ago.

Here in North Charleston, SC - saw a black one in the Danny Jones sports complex parking lot along Wando. Only the 2nd sighting in the wild here in Charleston in the last 5 months.

EatsShootsandLeafs said:
I still haven't seen one since I got mine back in Sept of last year. I am positive I'll never own a car so rare again in my life.
Same for me: I've never seen a LEAF except at the dealer where I have my car serviced, which is well outside my normal operating territory. So, fourteen months and I still have the only one here. I don't expect that to change anytime soon since this is a remote rural area and the idea of a car for local driving only is a foreign concept.

I guess it all depends on where you live. I typically see at least 4-5 Leafs a day. Friday, there were 3 of us at the local DC quick charger.

walkinwolk said:
Here in North Charleston, SC - saw a black one in the Danny Jones sports complex parking lot along Wando. Only the 2nd sighting in the wild here in Charleston in the last 5 months.

Here in the Upstate SC, I have yet to see another LEAF. Except when i notice my own car's reflection in the windows of a passing strip mall.

iamwjh said:
Here in the Upstate SC, I have yet to see another LEAF. Except when i notice my own car's reflection in the windows of a passing strip mall.

Too bad as you guys have all the charging stations!

Saw a black Leaf today, in Warrington, PA. I was driving my Mitsu I-MiEV, couldn't get to my horn in time(I thought I was approaching a Nissan Versa). But in any event, it was great to see another EV. Have seen about 4 different Leafs, if I am counting correctly, in the Central Bucks county area of Philly.

Lou

We were shocked to spot another Leaf today in Waterloo, Iowa at Lowe's. My wife actually followed the couple until they parked, then ran up and introduced us as fellow Leaf owners. They hugged her. We only know of one more in the area, according to the dealer and the registrations, so it's a pretty small club! We have a Silver 2012 SL and they had a White 2012 SL.

Watching the first 'Psych' episode of the new season...there was a Cayenne Red LEAF a couple of spots over in the parking lot from where the guys park The Blueberry just before they go break into the bad guy's warehouse.

Well, this probably isn't a big deal to most folks since Leaf sightings are common place now. However, yesterday I saw two other red Leafs within a mile of my house. Just last year the Nissan dealer said there were only 8 leafs in town (and mine was the only red one). There is definitely a "clustering" effect that was predicted years ago. My neighborhood has at least 20 Prii, several multi-Prius houses, at least one Volt, and now two or three red Leafs.

While LEAF sightings may be common for most people nowadays, I managed to spot my first ever LEAF in the wild a couple of weeks ago on a trip to Portland, Oregon. It was a red one eastbound on I-84. I had never seen a red LEAF before (anywhere) and found the color disappointing compared to pictures I've seen here, perhaps because it was a gloomy rainy day. I'm guessing that the red has more "pop" when seen in the sun.

dgpcolorado said:
While LEAF sightings may be common for most people nowadays, I managed to spot my first ever LEAF in the wild a couple of weeks ago on a trip to Portland, Oregon. It was a red one eastbound on I-84. I had never seen a red LEAF before (anywhere) and found the color disappointing compared to pictures I've seen here, perhaps because it was a gloomy rainy day. I'm guessing that the red has more "pop" when seen in the sun.

Yes but also only pops when clean and/or waxed. Mine's quite gloomy right now with a pretty good coat of dust

I'm a bit late, but finally spotted a black 3 weekends ago & a somewhat filthy white one 2 weekends ago. Not too many in my neck of the woods. I saw an article somewhere rating Oklahoma very high in alternative fuel vehicle usage. I'm sure it's CNG vehicles, not electric. I see many volts around here. The guy at the stealership was telling me, Leaf's are finally taking off!

Back