Leaves in the Wild

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a photo you may have seen where I caught a two pairs of Leafs feeding in the wild. I had to be very quiet when I took this photo as to not startle them.

leafsfeeding.jpg

You can tell the Male Leafs from the Females as the Females graze with their mouths closed.

OrientExpress said:
Here is a photo you may have seen where I caught a two pairs of Leafs feeding in the wild. I had to be very quiet when I took this photo as to not startle them.

You can tell the Male Leafs from the Females as the Females graze with their mouths closed.
Where did you take the photo? 4 at once!

OrientExpress said:

What do you know, mines a girl! Good to know :)

I think I waved at you in the parking lot at Lucky's on Bernal road, no?

My wife and I flew to Seattle to visit our kids for the Independence Day holiday. As we walked to a spot in Queen Anne to watch the fireworks over Lake Union I was telling my son about the Leaf when we walked by a silver Leaf parked on the street maybe 4 or 5 blocks from where we stopped to watch. I felt an odd sort of bond and comfort level to see a fellow Leafer so far from home. The next day we saw another silver Leaf, or maybe the same one, driving around that same general area, I think turning onto Mercer.

Saw a blue Leaf with Fontana Nissan dealer plates on it at about 6am this Friday morning on the 118 East just before the 405 interchange. We were not in our Leaf as we had a 160 mile round trip route today with no good charging opportunities during the day.

Tom

I see Leafs everyday now on Hwy 101, and in various SF Bay Area towns, and a neighbor's on my street. My wife works in a store and across the street at a home, there's a Leaf and the owner has offered her the use of their charger.

Last night we took our Leaf to Davies Symphony Hall, on the way we saw a Leaf driving on 101, another charging in front of City Hall, and a Leaf in the parking garage EV charging area, even though the two chargers weren't compatible. We parked a few spots over in a one hour spot with the permission of the attendant, didn't want to block the chargers.

I saw another Leaf -- black, just like mine -- heading the opposite direction on Union Hill Road in Redmond at about 2:45pm today. This was right near the turn for one set of ChargePoint chargers, so I wonder if they were headed there. :)

No Carmageddon in LA! Coming back down PCH and onto to the 10 East, I saw, going west a blue LEAF, a fleeting glimpse. Around Santa Monica at 1:25 pm. My trip up to Malibu was smooth...very light traffic but about 20 sheriffs' cars seen on the round trip. :eek:

Val said:
I bet you will see more of these lovely cars soon. We have a nissan dealership in chicago Nissan of St Charles IL and probably leaf has been one of the cars that has constantly kept our phone ringing. Its good thing that people are now concerned about the environment and realize the seriousness of global warming.
We sell about 30 - 40 leaf's in a months time. That's approx one car a day.....If anyone of you guys lives in chicago, i am pretty sure that you will keep on seeing more leaf's in the coming months.
Nissan Chicago

Val, LEAFs aren't even available yet in Chicago. Are you confusing it with another car you sell? You can't be selling ANY LEAFs yet, yet alone 30-40. People have to reserve online and Chicago hasn't even opened up yet for reservations. You seem really confused. ;)

We saw a red Leaf today in Smyrna, near the movie theatre. We both exclaimed "Look a LEAF!" it was a red one, and we waved and gave the thumbs up to the owner and his wife. They waved backed excitedly.

Not more than 10 minutes later, we saw a Black LEAF pulling out of the parking lot. Talk about exciting!

saw a black one from carson nissan parked dockside at the marina in san pedro. holiday harbor marina. 3pm sunday.

it appears to be about 6-8 weeks old; plates but no stickers.

Finally saw my first LEAF in the wild, going across the SF Bay Bridge last night. Followed a few minutes later by another one! Had dealer tags for Vallejo Nissan.

Parked next to one this evening on my way back from errands in Fremont! Just stopped long enough to take a picture, though, since I'd not yet had a chance to park next to another LEAF. If the blue one was yours, hi! :)

285166_10150236529660044_717875043_7749897_4205010_n.jpg

(LEAFs are herd animals, right?)

I saw a guy driving a silver LEAF in Van Nuys westbound on Vanowen Blvd (at Sepulveda) this morning. Didn't realize until he had almost passed me, I waved but I don't think he saw.

I have never seen a Leaf in the wild before July 1, 2011. But ever since then, wow! I have seen quite a number of them around in Fremont, CA.

Today 2 sightings in Fremont alone just 30 mins apart around 2pm:

White Leaf at Ranch 99 parking lot - Warm Springs Blvd/Mission Blvd. Red Leaf at Safeway parking lot right across from this Ranch 99.

NOTE:
Didn't wave or ack. Not very social/friendly fellas.

Saw a red LEAF Monday heading East on Highway 152 near Chowchilla in Central California. It is the first one that I have seen on the road in this area. I was heading West in my blue LEAF. If you are on this forum give me a shout.

Saw 2 this morning - red one on N El Camino in Carlsbad that I tailed for a while and exchanged friendly waves with - had Mossy Kearny Mesa dealer plates. And a white one going south on Melrose crossing Palomar Airport also in Carlsbad which also had yellow Mossy dealer plates. Not sure you saw me or not - had a few passengers.

Saw my third! Black one, SB on the 405 between LAX and Long Beach, between 4pm and 4:40pm. Paper plates, quite possibly Cerritos Nissan. He may have been a bit naughty though.....because he was solo in the HOV lane as I passed him and I didn't note any decals! :?

Back