LEAFSCAN™ - The Ultimate Instrument for your LEAF!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The OVMS does not even support the LEAF.
Someday it might, and discussing that development
in its own thread would be appropriate.

Here, it appears that you are just hijacking
a popular thread to "push" your "product".

I would support the moderators if they remove these
off-subject OVMS "advertising" posts from this thread.

Are you afraid to use an OVMS thread because
few would read it and you apparently have
insufficient progress supporting the LEAF
to even give us any solid facts?

We have separate treads for the SOC-Meter, and
various enhanced versions of it, and the most recent
CANary Project, all of which actually work with the LEAF.

garygid said:
Here, it appears that you are just hijacking
a popular thread to "push" your "product".
It's not 'my' product but an open source project that's owned by 'everyone'.

IMO a legitimate questions was asked and I responded with relevant answers.... what exactly is your issue with this?

JPWhite said:
Wonder if this project will give LEAFScan competition in the future?

http://www.openvehicles.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like the Volt/Ampera is supported via OBDII.

garygid said:
The OVMS does not even support the LEAF.
Someday it might, and discussing that development
in its own thread would be appropriate.
OVMS support for the Leaf is in development as is LEAFSCAN as far as I know... are you suggesting that we only discuss completed projects by commercial developers?

The discussion, and these posts should be moved to
a suitable OVMS thread, Please. -- ende -- :arrow:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=12050" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KevinSharpe said:
OVMS support for the Leaf is in development as is LEAFSCAN as far as I know... are you suggesting that we only discuss completed projects by commercial developers?
No, he's suggesting that we only discuss the product this thread was created for...

GeekEV said:
No, he's suggesting that we only discuss the product this thread was created for...
Isn't that what happened when I responded to what the OP asked?

JPWhite said:
Wonder if this project will give LEAFScan competition in the future?

http://www.openvehicles.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like the Volt/Ampera is supported via OBDII.

I agree with Gary. JP's question should have been asked in a separate thread about the other product. This thread is ONLY about LEAFSCAN.

HighDesertDriver said:
Phil,
I know you are busy with numerous other EV-related projects, but could you perhaps take 15 minutes to post an update on your LEAFSCAN's status? With respect, it has now been a year, and those of us who have been waiting patiently -- and quietly -- since your first posting would sure be encouraged by even a short "annual report." Thank you.
-- Bob

My prediction is that it'll never appear. At this rate it'll take longer to develop than the car itself (and always be playing catch-up with manufacturer changes)!

jstone1 said:
HighDesertDriver said:
Phil, I know you are busy with numerous other EV-related projects, but could you perhaps take 15 minutes to post an update on your LEAFSCAN's status? With respect, it has now been a year, and those of us who have been waiting patiently -- and quietly -- since your first posting would sure be encouraged by even a short "annual report." Thank you. -Bob
My prediction is that it'll never appear. At this rate it'll take longer to develop than the car itself (and always be playing catch-up with manufacturer changes)!
My sincere hope for all of us is that your crystal ball is proven wrong. Phil's device is something which would be of value to all LEAF operators, and we need to encourage him to both finish and provide brief periodic updates. I suspect that he is finding it difficult to make LEAFSCAN meet his personal design goals and what his prior experience tells him this community is willing to pay.

Unsubscribed. It appears that my wife has claimed the LEAF and she is not at all interested in what it will tell her.

Ingineer said:
The feature set (hardware) is frozen for production. There's no point in asking for any hardware changes at this point.
-- Jan 9 2013

Can't be long now, eh?..... ;)

GeekEV said:
FWIW, you can consider me "off the list" at ths point. I'm no longer the primary driver of our LEAF and my wife couldn't care less for this kind of techno-doohickey... :shock:
ebill3 said:
Unsubscribed. It appears that my wife has claimed the LEAF and she is not at all interested in what it will tell her.
KickinLeaf said:
Time to get a second leaf! :lol:
ebill3 said:
No, she stuck me with the Tesla. :cry:
I see you're I'm the same boat as I am, ebill3... What's with the wives stealing all the LEAFs? :roll:

GeekEV said:
GeekEV said:
FWIW, you can consider me "off the list" at ths point. I'm no longer the primary driver of our LEAF and my wife couldn't care less for this kind of techno-doohickey... :shock:
ebill3 said:
KickinLeaf said:
Time to get a second leaf! :lol:
ebill3 said:
No, she stuck me with the Tesla. :cry:
I see you're I'm the same boat as I am, ebill3... What's with the wives stealing all the LEAFs? :roll:

As long as were off topic...wife stole mine too, but all I got was my '05 Prius back. But she is interested in the LeafScan. Were also hoping for an update...even it it means hearing that it wont be ready until the Black Friday sales in November.

How about that LEAFSCAN ?

Sure would be nice to have a real battery temp gauge before the dog days of summer.

For comparison, the CANary displays all 4 Battery temperatures, upper right,
but it is not yet even a kit, just an very nice Open project using the Mbed Board.
Cell-pair and Temp Screen

Find links to other CANary pictures here:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=11557&start=240" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back