Amazon sent out a used LELink

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2017Leaf30

I ordered a new LELink from Amazon on 22 Jan 2023. As I live overseas, it did not arrive until 8 Feb 2023, which is normal.

It did not work. As I am familiar with OBD-II readers (I have an Autel MP808 for my other cars), I tried it in another car. It did not work in that car either, but on removing it, the plastic cover came off in my hand. On examination, I found the blue circuit board also fell off, and careful examination of the remaining green circuit board showed clear evidence of someone attempting to solder the board and messed up. See photo below.

I corresponded with [email protected] (the only way to contact them) and a few days later they replied:

Your order was handled by Amazon FBA, at this point, we do not know what happened. All units we sent to Amazon have been tested and working. Thanks a lot for the pictures. The pictures shows that someone has re-soldered this unit. We really appreciate your honest review. Yes, we are small business and we are trying hard to provide best product and service to our customers. Please let us know if there are any questions / suggestions.

K Solution refunded the money, and suggested I order a replacement through Amazon Australia, which I did (and it cost less).

In today's world, Amazon holds such a lock on the market that there is not much one can do, except perhaps to order two units and return one. Living in the US - consumer heaven - of course means overnight shipping. But for those overseas, the unnecessary delays can be annoying... not to mention the time it takes to sort the matter.

When I receive the replacement unit, I will do a test, but at this point I would rate Amazon Quality Control at zero out of ten, K Solution responsiveness a 7 out of 10. To get better, they need to make themselves more accessible on their web site and provide a phone number. It took a few precious days to get an answer directing me what to do. They also need to arrange with Amazon that units returned as defective should be sent back to K Solutions, not put back on the shelf so they can check them out.

Back