Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just uploaded version 0.29.23 to PlayStore. Normal 90 minute Google delay til you can download.

- For the Energy Use display added support for model year 2013 on up Leafs

- Added message that only the Back button can be used to exit the Text Viewer used to display the Application Help and Change History files.

- Changed order of About buttons so using the Back button does not bring up the Application Help file.

- Added code to collect more information to help find new sequence to read EVSE status from 2013/2014 model year Leafs.

- Fixed spelling errors in help and change log and added a little more text to help.

I will need new ELM Traces from my 2013 Leaf testers to see what information I get for EVSE status. Either Logging needs to be on or you need to stay on screen 1 (96 Cell Pair voltage graph) where the EVSE status should be display near the top.

Turbo3 said:
Just uploaded version 0.29.23 to PlayStore. Normal 90 minute Google delay til you can download.

- For the Energy Use display added support for model year 2013 on up Leafs

- Added message that only the Back button can be used to exit the Text Viewer used to display the Application Help and Change History files.

- Changed order of About buttons so using the Back button does not bring up the Application Help file.

- Added code to collect more information to help find new sequence to read EVSE status from 2013/2014 model year Leafs.

- Fixed spelling errors in help and change log and added a little more text to help.

I will need new ELM Traces from my 2013 Leaf testers to see what information I get for EVSE status. Either Logging needs to be on or you need to stay on screen 1 (96 Cell Pair voltage graph) where the EVSE status should be display near the top.

Is this version available to the public or just testers?

Good Question...I'm not seeing it in the play store, about 8 hours after Turbo3 was to have uploaded it. I'm not on the beta list...

--G

Sorry I did not make that clear. Version 0.29.23 is for testers only right now. I need to make sure the new Energy Usage display is now working for 2013/2014 Leafs. Once that is verified it will be ready to release to everyone else.

The next general release will be named 0.30.xx. I would expect that to happen in the next few days.

I am also look for one of my testers with a 2013/2014 Leaf to confirm that the Energy Usage display is working now. Easiest is to turn on hi beams and rear defroster. The Aux bar should go active with a count of around 3 on the far right.

The Help in 29.23 looks good, with both text and line drawings showing up nicely
on my Samsung Galaxy 7" Tab 2. Good work, it will evolve to be a Big Help.

On the alternate "energy use" battery it looks like Mtr could be Motr
and Htr could be Hetr, which MIGHT be more descriptive, at least
if one pronounces them.

I look forward to trying this new stuff in the car. THANKS.

garygid said:
The Help in 29.23 looks good, with both text and line drawings showing up nicely
on my Samsung Galaxy 7" Tab 2. Good work, it will evolve to be a Big Help.

On the alternate "energy use" battery it looks like Mtr could be Motr
and Htr could be Hetr, which MIGHT be more descriptive, at least
if one pronounces them.

I look forward to trying this new stuff in the car. THANKS.
I made the changes to "Motr" and "Hetr" and verify on six of my test devices that it still fits.

However, on the Kindle Fire HD I found that my new Help line drawing figures were all messed up.

It seems Kindle does not implement monospace font correctly. Monospace only applies to the standard characters but not the "space" character. Spaces take up much less space (less than 50%) which defeats the whole reason for having monospace.

Also my new line drawing characters take up too much space (50% more).

I tried to fix it by replacing Spaces with Periods which takes care of that problem but now there are dots all over.

For line drawing I put in a filter to change three horizontal lines into two which helps but does not fully align things. But it makes it a little better.

x3v0.png
ohdv.png

Turbo3 said:
...Just uploaded version 0.29.23 to PlayStore...
I noticed that the number displayed to the left of the bar graph at the top of the Motor Power and Accelerator screen, is stuck at -29.9kW, and doesn't change when I'm accelerating, braking, or at rest.

kkuo5G9.png

Also I noticed that from this screen, I can do a right-to-left swipe to get to the 4th screen (GID/battery/tire pressure/temp), but from the 4th screen, I can't do a left-to-right swipe to get back to the Motor Power and Accelerator screen..

jaimev said:
Turbo3 said:
...Just uploaded version 0.29.23 to PlayStore...
I noticed that the number displayed to the left of the bar graph at the top of the Motor Power and Accelerator screen, is stuck at -29.9kW, and doesn't change when I'm accelerating, braking, or at rest.

kkuo5G9.png

Also I noticed that from this screen, I can do a right-to-left swipe to get to the 4th screen (GID/battery/tire pressure/temp), but from the 4th screen, I can't do a left-to-right swipe to get back to the Motor Power and Accelerator screen..
Turns out mine is also stuck at -29.9 too. I was doing some testing on font spacing and forgot to comment out forcing the power to -29.9.

Swiping works but you need to do it an area without button. Try doing over the battery graphic.

Here are the changes for 0.29.24. Probably release to tester tonight.

- Added L1/L2 (J1772) Plug State and Charge Mode to Log File in columns EL & EM.

L1/L2 Plug State
0 = Not Plugged
1 = Half Connected
2 = Connected

Charge Mode
0 = Not Charging
1 = L1 Charging
2 = L2 Charging
3 = Quick Charge

- Renamed Log file from BatLog.csv to Log(last 8 characters of VIN).csv

- Fixed bug where power was forced to -29.9 for testing and was never removed.

Version 0.29.24 has been uploaded to Google PlayStore for testers. Code Changes are:

- Added L1/L2 (J1772) Plug State and Charge Mode to Log File in columns EL & EM.

L1/L2 Plug State
0 = Not Plugged
1 = Half Connected
2 = Connected

Charge Mode
0 = Not Charging
1 = L1 Charging
2 = L2 Charging
3 = Quick Charge

- Renamed Log file from BatLog.csv to Log(last 8 characters of VIN).csv

- Fixed bug where motor power was forced to -29.9 for testing and was never removed.

- If the third temperature sensor is not available write "none" to the Log file instead of a large negative number.

Help has also been updated.

I see now I forgot to add back in the extension to the end of the Log file name.

I have also decided to add the date to the end of the file name so you get a new file for each day you log data. Date is determined when the app reads the VIN. So if you keep the app running and connected to the Leaf the date and therefore the file will stay the same. So while driving if you go past midnight you don't get a new file. Just keep appending to the current one.

Format is Log(last 8 characters of VIN)_YYMMDD.csv

Example LogBT001234_140401.csv

I think a new file for each leg of a trip is a bit much so I kept it to a day.

Hi, can we get the original option which writes just one logfile as well?
I kinda liked having one file that has all the data, I just upload via Dropbox from the phone every once in a while. If it is possible to have a choice that would be great.

A choice of logfile options 1= logfilename with date, 2= logfile.csv (no date) append to current logfile

Filename = VIN_batlog.csv

That could be an option. Right now I am trying to get the app ready for the Leaf Hackathon and they are the ones concerned about file size. Also where the VIN request can from.

The only issue is the time it takes to add the checkbox on the settings screen. The Logging panel is very full right now. Just takes time to lay it out then check that all the different screen sizes look ok.

Once I get the Hackathon stuff out of the way I will look into it. I spent about 5 hour today on Hackathon stuff and still have more to do setting up all the hardware for them.

Back