Leaf Orders : Plot your location and details on this Map

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would someone post our Leaf order?

Blue Ocean
RAQ Sept 4, Campbell Nelson
Kirkland, Wa (South Rose Hill)

Bud

Bud said:

Done.

Also, I would personally prefer if the comments were formatted as follows:

For those who have ordered (received a RAQ and accepted):

"RAQ Month Day"
(Green Marker)

Followed by any other notes you wish to leave

For those who have received a RAQ but are undecided:

"RAQ Month Day -- Not Accepted"
(Cyan Marker)

For those of you who have reserved ($99 deposit) but haven't received the RAQ yet:

"TBD Month [Year]" where Month is the month Nissan has said you should be able to order (in e-mail or in the roll-out schedule) and Year is optional.
(Red Marker)

If your month has come and gone and you are experiencing some known difficulty with your order:

"TBD Month -- Issue" where Issue is the issue you're having with Nissan.
(Purple Marker)

TimeHorse said:
Bud said:

Done.

Also, I would personally prefer if the comments were formatted as follows:

For those who have ordered (received a RAQ and accepted):

"RAQ Month Day"
(Green Marker)

Followed by any other notes you wish to leave

For those who have received a RAQ but are undecided:

"RAQ Month Day -- Not Accepted"
(Cyan Marker)

For those of you who have reserved ($99 deposit) but haven't received the RAQ yet:

"TBD Month [Year]" where Month is the month Nissan has said you should be able to order (in e-mail or in the roll-out schedule) and Year is optional.
(Red Marker)

If your month has come and gone and you are experiencing some known difficulty with your order:

"TBD Month -- Issue" where Issue is the issue you're having with Nissan.
(Purple Marker)

Nice protocol suggestion.....later today, I'll change my marker.

This is extremely valuable

I live in Danville, CA - placed my reservation on 4/20 - I have yet to hear from Nissan about a RAQ date.

I contacted Nissan today and got nothing but evasive reasoning back. They said I could place my order in October - shipment 3-4 months later

there are two data points in my neighborhood (Hayward and Pleasanton) with same reservation dates and RAQ dates of 8/31

Something fishy is going on here....

You might be in a different, "out-of-it" zip code. However, you should still have gotten the RAQ-Month email.

You say October?
People who reserved on 20 April are in at least Aug, Sep, and Oct.

I went to High School (and elementary) in Danville, in the 1950's.

Is Mount Diablo still there?
A trip to the top miggt be a good LEAF-test, right?

Gary, Mount Diablo is still there- majestically presiding over all things that are going on in the 680 corridor

I was looking forward to using the Leaf as my commute car to Milpitas - 37 miles each way, BUT: across the Sunol grade. Curious to see how the Leaf will handle that!

wernerg said:
I was looking forward to using the Leaf as my commute car to Milpitas - 37 miles each way, BUT: across the Sunol grade. Curious to see how the Leaf will handle that!

Another c. 74 mi commuter, eh? It'll be interesting to see how we fare in year 8 if the capacity is down to 80% - 85% in a bad traffic and weather day, won't it?

The commute is similar to mine, except it has a bigger grade. I have local hills, but nothing that big.

Also, that would be 74 (not 64) miles round-trip, which might be "interesting" with freeway speeds, hills, etc. even when the LEAF is new. :eek:

A "Plan B" with the possibility of some charging at work, or perhaps half-way home, would take most of the "excitement" out of the trip. :(

Even L1 (120v) charging at work would give a substantial safety margin, it would seem. Of course, plug-in L2 charging would make it a "sissy" drive! :lol:

garygid said:
Also, that would be 74 (not 64) miles round-trip, which might be "interesting" with freeway speeds, hills, etc. even when the LEAF is new. :eek:

Oops. Messed up all my math. Tired. Yes, that should be 74 and the estimated capacity loss after 8 years I think will be between 80% and 85%, as modified in the original post.

Hopefully, by the time the batteries degrade, we will have charging stations along the roadside.

My concern is not so much "will I make it home" - it's more "will Nissan ever deliver a car to me?"

As I said, I made my reservation April 20, and still no signs of an order

wernerg (and others waiting to order),

Since your RAQ/Order month is October, you are waiting with the other October folks for Nissan to get a few more bugs stomped out, and begin enabling the October RAQs.

Are you ready for that?
1. find a dealer and negotiate a "deal"
2. make that dealer your Preferred Dealer (PD).
3. sign up for an AV assessment, OR call Nissan LEAF CS (1-877-664-2738) and ask them to "enable the AV waiver" on your account.

Then, you would be "ready" for your RAQ to "open". :)

Thanks, garygid!

your post was more helpful that all the hours I spent with Nissan on the phone, getting the runaround. I will definitely follow your advice, even though I am getting concerned about the "bugs" that need to be ironed out - that was exactly my suspicion.

I will post any progress I make on this forum.

Werner

P.S. - the AV Assessment: is that the Nissan-certified electrician that comes out and inspects your garage? I already had that done months ago, and the contractor found my garage to be ideal for the install.

wernerg said:
P.S. - the AV Assessment: is that the Nissan-certified electrician that comes out and inspects your garage? I already had that done months ago, and the contractor found my garage to be ideal for the install.
@Werner: And did you receive a quote ? How much was it ?

johnr said:
I think I see several more pointers on the map now after Nissan's re-tweet :)

Hmm. I decided to tweet the map earlier this week after I fixed the latest person deleting the instructions event. :roll:

But my feed doesn't show Nissan retweeting me, just replying and complementing me on how cool it looks -- but it is frackin cool, no! Keep those RAQs coming Nissan and the orders coming my fellow board members! :)

TimeHorse said:
But my feed doesn't show Nissan retweeting me, just replying and complementing me on how cool it looks -- but it is frackin cool, no! Keep those RAQs coming Nissan and the orders coming my fellow board members! :)

Can you also put a link to this thread ?

evnow said:
garygid said:
A Link to the map is in the first post.

I mean put a link to this thread in the google maps page ...

I put in a j.mp / bit.ly link to it but the edit box is exactly out of characters so it's not a hyperlink and it's just munged in there. I had a better edit of it before but someone overwrote it so I just re-pasted the first page instructions.

BTW, my original tweet included a link to this thread and the map. I assume Nissan stripped my shout-out to you @EVNow and the link to this forum.

P.S. There have been 55 click-throughs of the map link as of this edit and 6 to this topic. Thank you bit.ly! :)

Back