Jul 21 Nissan Mail : The Nissan LEAF Online Research Panel

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mwalsh said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
i have no assessment either as i dont plan to use 220 volt (at least not at present, but very recent developments may change that) but i also got the invite for the panel and registered this morning, so apparently, its not a "first come, first served" thing. probably just another chat site like this one

A couple of things come to mind:

1) If it is just going to be a chat site, why doesn't Nissan simply invest the time here once again.

2) If they are inviting absolutely everybody to join (both those holding reservations AND hand-raisers who don't), what kind of value are they going to get from the feedback, unless we're all more or less of the same mind.

3) What kind of stuff do they need feedback for this late in the game? If it's not only the minor stuff, just four months out from the first deliveries....."Ruh,roh"

1) No reputable marketing dept would do so for many reasons

2) More data and marketing info

At least they are engaged, more than most companies ever do.

Thanks to this thread, I went back and re-read that email and signed up. Frankly, I just thought it was a marketing piece and skimmed it. I will need to pay more attention to Nissan's emails in the future!

Regarding a couple posters earlier comments - while the car is (or should be) primarily set in stone, late production (or in production) issues that can change easily are items such as color. Perhaps Nissan will be looking for feedback on these topics.

For the record, when I put in my reservation the woman on the phone helping me because I couldn't link the reservation to my existing Nissan LEAF web account told me that the order the reservations were made didn't matter. It was the order in which people subscribed to the mailing list in the first place that really mattered. Of course, tier 1 markets (who won't see cars until December [DeNissanEVember] -- Volt in November [NoVoltBer]) will get it before tier 2 and tier 3 markets do no matter when they subscribed, but one thing that the reservations have done is allow San Antonia, Raleigh and Honolulu to make tier 2 because of the amount of interest.

Anyway, for the record, I'm in the D.C. market (at least I hope they have me in the D.C. market and not some obscure Virginia market that won't get the LEAF until sometime in spring / summer 2011; that is assuming D.C. has indeed been moved out of tier 3), and I got my mail on approximately 21 July 2010 at 18h47 EDT, which is 15h47 PDT, or quarter to 4pm West Coast time. I don't have the from/received time since GMail doesn't preserve that. Also, Spam Gourmet may be stripping something and can also delay mail some. But I think that represents the time sent, since it seems in line with what most are saying here and I subscribed to the list in February, IIRC.

Apparently the panel was taken seriously as Nissan just announced its 8-year battery warranty, justifying its decision by what its "market research" showed. This panel can make a difference.

Back