Jul 21 Nissan Mail : The Nissan LEAF Online Research Panel

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, I don't know if you guys remember - but atleast in the NW we got the reservation mails quite late compared to people on the east. Thankfully Nissan is considering the seniority by market ...

Third email today: My non-reservation email received a "Subj: Nissan News: From LEAF to Tour de France" about 3.5 hours after that email got its (non-reserved) panel-join-offer. It's a July 2010 newsletter that's quite different (and more extensive) in content from the two other (just about identical, with "Subj: Nissan Leaf News: the future has arrived") emails/news. Looks like they are courting hand-raisers that have not yet paid $99 and make them "reservationists".

My email was sent at 15:31:22 PDT, received by my mail server at 15:31:23 PDT.

It took me most of an hour after I got my notice on Apr 20 before I could get my reservation in -- I was going crazy with their website not liking my Firefox browser settings (finally gave up and switched to Internet Explorer), and then after that it still took me three tries before I figured out that they were lying about accepting American Express.

By the way, I just noticed that every email I have received from Nissan allows replies, which are sent to [email protected] where xxxxxxxxx is always nine alphanumeric characters (with lower case letters which are not all a-f). The leading 6 and the trailing fqbp are constant for me, but the other characters vary without any pattern I have been able to spot. The constant part can't be any kind of reservation sequence number since the pattern started with the Apr 17 and Apr 20 emails I received before registering.

Holy cow...I totally missed the panelist invite in that email...thought it was just more self promotion (which it mostly was). Thanks for posting up, even a day later I still got in.

Stoaty said:
No charger install assessment scheduled, no invite. Coincidence?
nope...I have no charger assessment scheduled and don't expect to for almost a year, but got the invite. Did you check for that e-mail and the tiny little link you have to click?? It's not easy to find.

i have no assessment either as i dont plan to use 220 volt (at least not at present, but very recent developments may change that) but i also got the invite for the panel and registered this morning, so apparently, its not a "first come, first served" thing. probably just another chat site like this one

DaveinOlyWA said:
i have no assessment either as i dont plan to use 220 volt (at least not at present, but very recent developments may change that) but i also got the invite for the panel and registered this morning, so apparently, its not a "first come, first served" thing. probably just another chat site like this one

A couple of things come to mind:

1) If it is just going to be a chat site, why doesn't Nissan simply invest the time here once again.

2) If they are inviting absolutely everybody to join (both those holding reservations AND hand-raisers who don't), what kind of value are they going to get from the feedback, unless we're all more or less of the same mind.

3) What kind of stuff do they need feedback for this late in the game? If it's not only the minor stuff, just four months out from the first deliveries....."Ruh,roh"

mwalsh said:
A couple of things come to mind:
2) If they are inviting absolutely everybody to join (both those holding reservations AND hand-raisers who don't), what kind of value are they going to get from the feedback, unless we're all more or less of the same mind.

Actually, getting a wider range of feedback might serve as a "reality check" against us geeks ? :lol:

But I also wonder about the "placebo" effect (comment above).

No June30 email, and not this one either. I did get the battery survey though. I guess I need to chat them again to find out why I'm not getting these general mailings.

Edit: Chat explained the last mailing went out to people who had scheduled EV appts. I didn't realize I had an action pending to schedule one, due to missing the previous emailing. Scheduled now, and hopefully no more glitches.

The chat people are very polite and helpful.

Just a 'me too' - got the email, joined the panel.

I don't expect a car until at least Jan '11. No EV project in San Antonio, and no reservation for an EVSE assessment.

Back