ICED - Images of Offending Vehicles Board of Shame

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eclecticflower said:
:lol: This is just too funny.

And the more I think of it, even though this driver may have started the practice cynically he/she may actually be closer to "seeing the light" than most. I mean, you can't go through all that trouble and not end up at least contemplating what it would be like to ACTUALLY drive an EV. Don'tcha think?

Nubo said:
eclecticflower said:
:lol: This is just too funny.

And the more I think of it, even though this driver may have started the practice cynically he/she may actually be closer to "seeing the light" than most. I mean, you can't go through all that trouble and not end up at least contemplating what it would be like to ACTUALLY drive an EV. Don'tcha think?
No, SERIOUSLY, they were thinking people would actually buy the farce that it was electric - maybe even homemade! :lol: Too ridiculous.

eclecticflower said:
No, SERIOUSLY, they were thinking people would actually buy the farce that it was electric - maybe even homemade! :lol: Too ridiculous.

In front of a J1172 EVSE...maybe (it's still a stretch). But not in front of a DCQC. Not knowing how much the CHAdeMO gear costs.

This was taken at the Downey City Hall. Thought I would drive over and get a charge and this is what I found. I did post the pic on their facebook site but never got a response to it

neal77 said:

This was taken at the Downey City Hall. Thought I would drive over and get a charge and this is what I found. I did post the pic on their facebook site but never got a response to it
Sad, but they really need a sign and some green striping.

Do you really think that cops give a damn?! They do what they want to and to hell with the rules and regulations that mere civilians have to follow!

neal77 said:

TomT said:
Do you really think that cops give a damn?! They do what they want to and to hell with the rules and regulations that mere civilians have to follow!

neal77 said:
If it's properly signed for EV charging only and enough people complain about it to the city and/or the media, with photos showing the offending city-owned vehicle(s), I'm quite sure that cops too will give a damn. Or at least their bosses will and will put a stop to it, which amounts to the same thing. The same methods that shamed Nissan into buying back cars and coming up with a battery warranty work equally well when dealing with public bad behavior by government employees, especially when it involves illegal use of government vehicles. Ubiquitous camera-equipped phones pretty much eliminate deniability.

TomT said:

neal77 said:
Geez TomT-----do I detect a little hostility towards peace officers in your post? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nope, just observations of their behaviors over many years... Not all certainly, but a good number of them... The L.A. Sheriffs are among the worst and most frequent offenders, BTW...

derkraut said:
Geez TomT-----do I detect a little hostility towards peace officers in your post? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

eved.jpg

tf.png

I've always wanted a bunch of EV drivers to block all of the pumps at a gas station. But I'd only want to do that if I knew an ICE driver that has been known for blocking EV stations was about to pull up. I think that would be a real eye-opener to that person as to how irritating that would be. But I wouldn't want to punish other people were not guilty of that.

ironically I don't think 90% of the car drivers out there would notice that your leaf doesn't take gas.

a few might tell stories to their friends to the tune of : "I told you those things can't run on batteries, they have a hidden gas tank! I caught one at a gas station the other day." With possible forays into complaints about falsifications or conspiracys.

Or maybe some story about how the leaf "broke down" at the gas station and couldn't make it home.

In short I'm saying the odds are you could park your leaf at the gas pump for an hour and no one would notice.

I've parked next to a gas pump many times to go in to the convenience store or just as a lark, and no one has ever noticed...

dhanson865 said:
In short I'm saying the odds are you could park your leaf at the gas pump for an hour and no one would notice.

dhanson865 said:
ironically I don't think 90% of the car drivers out there would notice that your leaf doesn't take gas.

Yup. Quite a few people, even those who are supposedly car-knowledgeable, have asked me whether or not the car had an ICE in it. Perhaps they were thinking it was a Japanese Chevy Volt.

neal77 said:
The sad thing was there was a empty parking spot next to the cop car. Of course that did me no good
Did you actually try it? My experience with that model of EVSE is that you should have been able to reach the front of a LEAF in the next space over.

GRA said:
TomT said:

neal77 said:
If it's properly signed for EV charging only and enough people complain about it to the city and/or the media, with photos showing the offending city-owned vehicle(s), I'm quite sure that cops too will give a damn. Or at least their bosses will and will put a stop to it, which amounts to the same thing. The same methods that shamed Nissan into buying back cars and coming up with a battery warranty work equally well when dealing with public bad behavior by government employees, especially when it involves illegal use of government vehicles. Ubiquitous camera-equipped phones pretty much eliminate deniability.

uh, no.
they park where they like, when they like.
red zones, hydrants, fire lanes, no standing.
they are like diplomats in NYC.

Back