Houston year battery check?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dznit

Anyone in Houston have a yearly battery check yet?
Dealer name and experience?
I have one coming up soon!

Just make sure they do not charge you for it ..I believe a minority of dealers are charging for the service..

I know it's not Houston, but I went to Gunn Nissan in San Antonio & they didn't charge any money for anything.

dznit said:
Anyone in Houston have a yearly battery check yet?
Dealer name and experience?
I have one coming up soon!
Sorry I just now saw your post. Did you get your battery check done already?

I brought my Leaf to the dealer I bought it from, Baker Nissan South. They did not charge for the battery check, and likewise for the software update. But they did charge out the wazoo for the tire rotation/rebalancing and the cabin air filter replacement. I turned down the brake fluid replacement and other things they tried to sell me, such as wheel alignment. I've only driven 7800 miles! The bill was well over $100, but I got some bucks back from using their Nissan rewards or points or whatever they call it. And they did drive me to work and back.

We are coming up on our first battery check as well. Will be sure to post results, especially considering others issues with heat and batteries.

Also, I have started a Houston Leaf group on FB for anyone interested.

Well .... you have to Zoom in, but we received "Your score is very high and good for your battery" in all 4 categories. ~12,000 miles.

My wife was upset with the print-out but was told their printer was low on ink. I went back to
McDavid Nissan and requested a better print-out but was told they gave us the better print-out
& all they had in their records was a worse copy. I was shocked that they had no e-file or access
to an e-file from Nissan.

So I scanned the print-out for my files & even if my "best print-out" fades out I can re-create a
"~ readable copy".

We stated up front "all we want is the warrantied Leaf battery check"
I guess that was "all" they did. Now the car beeps a lot if you open the door while car is on and
the drivers window no longer rolls up automatically.

They did not add water to empty windshield washer tank.
They did not reset battery maintenance record.

Along with paperwork we received a "Thank you for the opportunity to assist you in caring for
your vehicle's needs. In a few days you may receive an e-mail or a letter in the mail regarding the
quality of your most recent service visit. Your response is very important to both me and
McDavid Nissan. We view these surveys as a way to ensure quality work and exceptional customer
service ........ McDavid Nissan Service adviser"

It's been over a month and we haven't received the survey!

I don't have a way to measure GID, but i still have 12 bars.

How do I upload my 2 scanned JPEG images?

They applied the most recent software upgrade. Simply roll the window all the way up manually and hold it there for 5 seconds or so and auto will work again (it's in the manual). Also, any charging timers you had will be disabled and you will need to re-enable them...

By the way, the battery check is essentially useless from the owners and dealers prospective as it gives you no worthwhile information. What is sent to Nissan is likely more revealing...

dznit said:
We stated up front "all we want is the warrantied Leaf battery check"
I guess that was "all" they did. Now the car beeps a lot if you open the door while car is on and
the drivers window no longer rolls up automatically.

Back