Happy New Owner

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WMTribe90

I surpassed 1,000 miles on my new 2013 Leaf (S) this week and couldn't be happier so far. I've been charging 110 in my garage at night. I have yet to charge to 100% and make my 34 mile round trip to work using roughly 30% of capacity. Loving the smooth quiet ride and peppy acceleration.

My mileage and range have exceeded my expectations. I averaged 4.8 miles/kwh for the first 1,000 miles, which equates to $0.02/mile in fuel costs. Though my highest daily mileage was 60 miles, it would seem reasonable for me to get 100 miles+ on a full charge with relative ease. Granted the weather the first two months of ownership has been relatively mild, the times I have used AC/heat have not seemed to dramatically reduce my range. Should also note that I've driven almost exclusively in ECO mode.

Hope EVs are here to stay this time around, because I don't ever see myself going back to gas.

CONGRATS!

I just hit 2000 miles today, bought mine almost 2 months ago.

I average 52 to 76% Battery drain per day. I charge using a Leviton 40Amp Level 2 charger. Takes 2 to 3 hours to charge.

We've had ours for over two years and 24,000 miles and we still are exceedingly happy with it. We have solar panels on our roof so we literally are driving on sunshine. When I consider topping off our diesel truck, if I drive it into town and back that costs me a gallon and a half or over $5. Thus, I throw two 5 gallon gas cans in the LEAF and top off the truck for just the cost of the diesel fuel.

We have had our leaf for just over a month now, and are equally impressed with the range. Its funny, but I think the 75 mile range expectation published helps the car exceed your expectations, as will careful driving (even at near full freeway speeds), 100 is obtainable.

DougWantsALeaf said:
We have had our leaf for just over a month now, and are equally impressed with the range. Its funny, but I think the 75 mile range expectation published helps the car exceed your expectations, as will careful driving (even at near full freeway speeds), 100 is obtainable.

Agree with this sentiment completely. Always better to under sell and over deliver. I was expecting and would have been satisfied with the EPA range of 75. Having the Leaf far exceed that EPA range (with efficient driving) is some very nice gravy.

At 3 months and 3200 miles, I have to agree on the range. I can get my GOM to 110 miles but I am pretty mild and can drive quite long distances at 45 mph.

I just switched to 240V 2 weeks ago and just yesterday switched to my TOU rate - $.05 a KWH. So I am approaching 1 penny per mile. And for 6 months out of the year, I am basically free since my solar will exceed my use.

My wife drove the Leaf while I was out of town for a week and now she really misses it.....She was suggesting that I get a Tesla and she takes the Leaf......

We're almost 3 weeks and almost 1000 miles and are loving the Leaf. I really like the way it drives and how spacious it feels. Its just big enough to comfortably fit our family of 4. We're taking it everywhere including places farther away than we originally intended. Causing some range adventures as we carefully plan routes, calculate required efficiency and charge points. Its been a fun exercise so far.

We were a little surprised that the range is less than we expected at high speeds. Expressways around here regularly run 75mph and while the Leaf feels very comfortable at that speed, it kills the range. But we've learned to adjust our route and range expectations.

Our record day has been 86 miles but included some charging along the way. We've been using in place of two ICE vehicles. We want to take it everywhere and are racking up the miles much faster than we anticipated when we signed the lease. But its ok. The lease is costing about what we're saving in gas so we're getting to drive it for free.

Congratulations.

Loving mine too. Got it in April and have travelled 2300 miles @ 4.0 kWh per Carwings. I just sold my Jaguar last night. I won't miss it. I will use my wife's Land Rover as a back up. I have been out of range only once, but recharged at 110 in the cart barn at the golf course during our Father's Day golf outing. I don't think that I will ever drive an ICE car again.

Same boat here. Almost 1,000 miles on the car and loving it more and more. Our plan of making it my wife's daily driver to work plus replacing as many evening and weekend trips as possible that we would have taken together in my car is working out perfectly. To think that in just a month we've 'saved' almost 1,000 gas-burning miles is great. :)

Back