New Forum, first time Leaf owner

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serstillen

Hi all,
I have been perusing this forum for a while and thought, Hey just register. I've owned Nissans pretty much all my life. Had a 97 200SX Se-R and loved it till it got smashed. Then went to an Infiniti g20 and sold that as my wife wanted to go all electric. We then bought a Chevy Bolt which we really love but needed two cars. I found a used 2013 Nissan Leaf fon Facebook marketplace from an older couple who wanted another Tesla for 7,500 during the pandemic. It has 9 bars, 71,000 miles, 65-70ish mile range and gets me around town and works perfectly.

At first I wasn't really sure (low mile range, ocean blue which my kids thought was awesome, and shape) but I really really love it and have started just doing little things to it. I tinted the windows, will be doing Megan racing coilovers also.

Some things I learned with my first LEAF (2015 SV). Avoid DCFC charging, stick with Level 1 or Level 2 charging. Try to keep SOC between 20 and 85% for longevity. Don't charge above 90% unless you intend to use it right away. The LEAF should not be stored above 90% SOC for extended periods of time. I used to put my LEAF on the charger every Friday when I came home after work and would leave it there until Monday morning. It only took a few hours for it to reach 100% SOC where it would sit for the next two days. This was not good for my battery and led to premature degradation. Even sitting for 10 hours every night after being charged to 100% is not good for the battery. The degradation is tiny each time but cumulative. Might want to let the battery charge to 100% once a month or so to allow the BMS to balance each of the cells. Just be sure to drive it soon after. Avoid extended periods of driving at speeds above 80mph. This causes the battery's internal temperature to get quite high. This is especially true if ambient temperatures are high to begin with (above 95F). Don't use any charger if battery core temperatures are high. Charge overnight when temperatures are cooler.
Good Luck. These LEAFs are like energizer bunnies, they just keep on going.

Attachments

• Cold-Weather-Issues-for-EVs-in-Alaska.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Back