DFW Metroplex

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
adric22 said:
dfwcre8tive said:
Here's an upcoming event.

I might come if I could be guaranteed at least 2 hours of level 2 charging. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to make it home.

The eVgo quick charging station is very close (just across Belt Line) so you may be able to use that as well?

dfwcre8tive said:
adric22 said:
dfwcre8tive said:

I might come if I could be guaranteed at least 2 hours of level 2 charging. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to make it home.

The eVgo quick charging station is very close (just across Belt Line) so you may be able to use that as well?

I don't have a quick-charge port on my Leaf and I don't subscribe to eVgo... so unfortunately doesn't help much. Maybe I should just plan to get there really early to snag one of the chargers for myself.

Sorry for the last minute update.
We are having a NTEAA meeting tomorrow, Saturday October 8th at
Don Herring Mitsubishi Irving
2901 West Airport Freeway, Irving, TX 75062
We are going to get a preview of the MIEV "i".
We will meet from 10am till noon. The I should be there all day if you can't make the meeting.
More info on the website http://www.NTEAA.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks

dfwcre8tive said:

image001lg.png

Does anyone have any idea how many people might be attending this? How is it being advertised to the people of DF/W, besides this little blurb here on this forum, which I doubt most of the EV drivers ever go to.

The plugin day event is posted on plugin america's site http://www.pluginamerica.org/pluginday/dallas" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In addition my work (North Central Texas Council of Governments) has been doing some PR for the event, mostly to their EV mailing list, but also to the public.

I will hopefully be there (baring the wife wants to go to). We have eVgo, so we won't hog the blink chargers, we can just fast charge on the way home.

Just FYI - I will be giving one of these cargo organizers away for free to anyone who wants it:

My wife wanted me to buy this and it cost $200. However, I've not found it very useful and would like to give it away. I'd rather give it to somebody local because I don't want the hassle of shipping something so large. So any Leaf owners who might like to have this, I'll be at the Plug-In day in Addison tomorrow and you may take it there.

999C2-8X000.jpg

Three D/FW firsts for me:

1) A personal one... I hit the "turtle warning" last week but I was already in my neighborhood, so it was transparent to me. 78 total miles in mixed highway / in-town. I've definitely gotten more in-town miles in the past.

2) Saw the "low external temperature"? warning this a.m. -- giant snow flake on the LCD when I pulled out of the garage -- 37 degrees. It will be interesting to get through the winter and see how it affects my range. Didn't seem to make much difference today, although I had ran the climate control prior to unplugging..\

3) Saw another Leaf in Arlington -- Cayenne Red heading west on Sublett at about 5 p.m. The driver missed my wild gesturing. I have seen two in Farmers Branch, but this is the first I've seen in A-Town.

j.

jhm614 said:
3) Saw another Leaf in Arlington -- Cayenne Red heading west on Sublett at about 5 p.m. The driver missed my wild gesturing. I have seen two in Farmers Branch, but this is the first I've seen in A-Town.j.

I actually live on Sublett rd. So naturally, I drive on it all of the time. But my Leaf is blue.

I work in alrington (near six flags) with a red Leaf, but I never go near the sublett road area. Just to give you an idea of amount, my work totaled all the plug in vehicles in the DFW area (only volts and leafs, no teslas - although i think there are 2): total leafs in all the DFW area is 104. So pretty rare overall in the metroplex. You can see the map by counties here:

http://www.nctcog.org/trans/air/programs/evnt/EVlocations.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, just wanted to share my leaf trip last saturday. My wife and I decided to go to the bishop arts district since they have a charger and we have never been! Lucky enough when we pulled into the completely packed parkinglot by oddfellows, both chargers were open (I guess people were nice!). So pull up and plug in. We ate at Lockhearts (some damn good BBQ) and wandered around the area for an hour or so. When we left, I almost had a full charger (this is coming up from midlothian too). On the way to more errands, my wife wanted to go to garden ridge, so we hopped to arlington, did some shopping and continued. Since it was really windy that day, I knew I needed some extra charge since I was down to 4 bars (it was going to be close) and stopped off at the Clay Cooley @ 67 & 20 to charge while we walked a block to Lowes and did some more errands there. Walked back and had 6 bars total (yea!). We proceeded to run down errands along 67 to home - Costco in Duncanville, Target in Cedar Hill, Walmart in Midlothian, CVS in midlothian, and finally walgreens in Midlothian. Upon returning home, we got back with 1 bar left! To me, this is want an "ideal" trip with an EV should be. Some of the places you visit should have chargers so you can do more errands. Both my wife and I thought it was pretty neat!

Lucky that you were able to charge at Bishop Arts. Nearly every time we've been there is a oversize pickup truck or non-EV sitting in the spots. We've complained, but there is no enforcement.

Pipcecil said:
I work in alrington (near six flags) with a red Leaf, but I never go near the sublett road area. Just to give you an idea of amount, my work totaled all the plug in vehicles in the DFW area (only volts and leafs, no teslas - although i think there are 2): total leafs in all the DFW area is 104. So pretty rare overall in the metroplex. You can see the map by counties here:

Wow -- I would have assumed way more than 104. And there is at least one Telsa -- I see him every now and then on I30 heading towards Dallas.

j.

I think my next trip will be to the west village area. 4 blink chargers were just put as operational about a week ago, two are accessible via valet parking near Mi Cocina (those should never be ICE'd). The other 2 are in the parking garage on the 4th floor. I am hoping because they are near the top, they won't get ICE'd either.

Even though I know there are potentially 2 or more tesla's around, I have never seen one (my wife sees them). She has seen them both on the DNT (she drives the DNT for work every day). I almost saw one of the two (bright orange one), but was driving and missed it whipped around me. :cry:

jhm614 said:
Wow -- I would have assumed way more than 104. And there is at least one Telsa -- I see him every now and then on I30 heading towards Dallas.

What is more surprising is that there are more Volts than Leafs. I've only seen 1 volt around town but I've run across several Leafs.

adric22 said:
jhm614 said:

What is more surprising is that there are more Volts than Leafs. I've only seen 1 volt around town but I've run across several Leafs.

I've never seen another Leaf on the road but I see Volts all the time (usually plugged in when I need a charge). I've heard the Walgreens Freedom Station at DNT/Belt Line is the place to watch for Teslas.

adric22 said:
jhm614 said:

I have seen Volts both charging and driving, a Tesla (it was charging), and Leafs (both charging and driving).

Pipcecil said:
I think my next trip will be to the west village area. 4 blink chargers were just put as operational about a week ago, two are accessible via valet parking near Mi Cocina (those should never be ICE'd). The other 2 are in the parking garage on the 4th floor. I am hoping because they are near the top, they won't get ICE'd either.
We can hope about the ones in the garage, but garage gets very full. I have seen that garage with only a spot or two open on the roof before.

dfwcre8tive said:
adric22 said:
jhm614 said:

I've never seen another Leaf on the road but I see Volts all the time (usually plugged in when I need a charge). I've heard the Walgreens Freedom Station at DNT/Belt Line is the place to watch for Teslas.
I wonder how that works with the Teslas since they do not have chademo.

dfwcre8tive said:
adric22 said:
jhm614 said:

+1 one that -- I see Volts on a regular basis in the Las Colinas / North Dallas area but I've only seen 3 Leafs...

j.

Back