Delivery date - 01/05/11

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonewild said:
On Dec 15 I got an email from my Nissan corp connection told me my VIN but also said that it was not on a Vessel yet but soon. Using that information I would say that the Jan one ship was loaded after the email I received on Dec 15. So I am hopeful.
I never got any of those emails. I obtained the VIN after my dashboard's CarWings became active; I also did not receive an email that that had happened (on 12/23). Neither did I receive emails that my delivery estimate was pushed out or where the car was; instead I obtained a change of status (from ONS to SIT ("Ship in Transit"?)) on my dealers VehicleDetails screen, together with the manufacturing date. But today I finally received an email to go to the Owners Portal ( I've been there many times in the last 10 days :roll: ).

Update: that invitation to the Owners Portal came at 07:43 this morning. Now, at 10:03, a new email:
your pre-purchase checklist is now available. This list includes the steps that need to be completed before you take delivery of your Nissan LEAF™. So whether you need to set up a CARWINGS™ account, sort out your home charging dock installation or even review your financing options, all the things you need to do can be conveniently reviewed in one place.
That list has been active since 12/23 and the checkbox for CarWings was marked (by them) no more than a couple days later.

So two weeks from dock to garage. Assume a holiday delay so 10 days and 2nd boat docked 1/1 so we are looking at around the 17th which I can't complain about too much since that was the original elivery estimate

mwalsh said:
Going to bump this with the accurate delivery date. Picking up my car at Connell @ 9am in the morning. Anyone wishing to attend is welcome to as far as I'm concerned.
So, are you buying or leasing ?

mwalsh said:
Jimmydreams said:
Interleaf said:
Thanks Michael.

Being in So. Calif, can I assume that I am on EV Project and getting an L3 port?

If not, how do I find out if I am EV Project, and if I am not, can my dealer make me EV Project?
:?:

To be a SoCal resident eligible in the EV project, you need to be in the cities of:

San Diego
Los Angeles

And I know that for LA the EV project is full - I talked with the guy no more than three weeks ago.

165531_492146009843_704969843_5786857_4624909_n.jpg

The ignorant think that baffles me about this is that many many high tech companies (ingram micro, western digital, disney etc) are in Orange County. About 1,000 high-tech businesses, including scores of computer, software, biotechnology, and medical-device companies, are located around the Irvine Spectrum business center/ With THE largest laundry list of high tech companies (per capata) jone'sing to be a part of their charging infra structure, it just doesn't make sense.

mwalsh said:
evnow said:
So, are you buying or leasing ?

I've bounced back and forth so much, but have settled on buying. I want the car to be mine, no ifs and/or buts - there is still a bad place in my head where I see the EV1s being taken back and wonder if it couldn't happen again.

My exact reasoning all along. I hopefully pick-up my car on Friday... will know when the next truck arrives at Fontana (and mine is on it, hopefully). It stinks to see later VIN's and order times being delivered before I see my car.

Back