Delivery date - 01/05/11

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still see lots of people with 1/5 dates, are they just not changing them on the spreadsheet or does you dashboard still say 1/5/2011? I am in Los Angeles and keep getting pushed back and forth yet most of the other Los Angeles owners still say 1/05
Just curious

hobbyguy said:
I still see lots of people with 1/5 dates, are they just not changing them on the spreadsheet or does you dashboard still say 1/5/2011? I am in Los Angeles and keep getting pushed back and forth yet most of the other Los Angeles owners still say 1/05
Just curious

The date on my dashboard is 1/5/11... although I think some of us will have our cars sooner than that...

I am still the 5th. Also, Nissan told my dealer I will be the first L.A. delivery. :cool:

Congratulations WWBD! LA's first Leaf on 12/20, followed by Nashville's first on 12/21. Pretty cool.

Could the first Nashville Leaf be going to JimTubbs? His PD is Action Nissan, and according to this article
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-12-14/nissan-s-first-electric-leaf-in-tenn-on-dec-21.html
the first Nashville Leaf is being delivered to a customer of Action Nissan.

I just moved back to 1/5!

Thats just a couple weeks away. The boat must be here! I am still predicting before the New year for me, and maybe next week for California?

hobbyguy said:
Just curious

I don't think they're changing them.

Back to the 5th again for me today.

leafkabob said:
Congratulations WWBD! LA's first Leaf on 12/20, followed by Nashville's first on 12/21. Pretty cool.

My LEAF won't be coming until the 5th. Where did you get the 12/20 date?

WWBD said:
leafkabob said:

:eek: YA! I almost fell out of my chair (again)! I think I need to go on meds or something....

"Nissan is being intentionally cautious while ramping up its new vehicle assembly operation in Oppama, Japan, where the Leaf is built, and its supporting lithium-ion battery module line in Zama, Japan, said Nissan Americas Chairman Carlos Tavares.

He said a second shipment of cars will reach U.S. ports on Dec. 23, and that the new plant will not reach a steady rate of production until the second quarter of 2011.

Speaking at a Saturday press conference in front of San Francisco city hall, Tavares said that all 20,000 Leaf reservations will be filled by the end of summer 2011."

From Automotive News 12/13

Sorry WWBD, I guess I got overly excited. Didn't mean to alarm you or anyone else. :oops:

Congrats again, though. :D

TRONZ said:
WWBD said:
leafkabob said:

:eek: YA! I almost fell out of my chair (again)! I think I need to go on meds or something....

Same change on my dash board...last night January 5 today pending. Funny since yesterday I got an e-mail telling be that the pre-purchase check list was now available...and it was...now it is locked.

Glen
VIN#218

Maybe with Tennessee getting their first Leaf and ceremony today the floodgates will then open and general deliveries will commence full speed

Tennessee covers the remaining initial roll out areas, yes?

With ceremonies done it is time for general deliveries :)

mkenigson said:
I just spoke with Katherine Zachary at Nissan North America and she said the first TN delivery will be at Action Nissan today (12/21) at around 1PM. I'll be there. Hope some of the rest of you will, also!

Thanks,

Matt Kenigson
http://evalbum.com/882

Back