command carwings via sms

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
turbo2ltr said:
Theoretically yes, but it's not that simple. There is a random number at the end of the url to make sure it doesn't get cached. <snip>

The other issue is that there are actually two links for each command.
I hate to beat a dead horse, and I really should just be patient for the Android version of the carwings app...but here goes anyway.

If I had these two urls, and put the right info in them, could I be able to get my fan to go on without any interaction? If this is the case I believe I can easily set up a a button on my Android (using Tasker) that would generate a random number and perform two http gets with whatever data is needed.

If this would work I would need the two urls, and any guess on the high/low limits on the random number needed. I would obviously share my Tasker "script" if I got it to function.

If you are talking about doing this without the proxy I wrote:

You'd still have to log in to nissan using their CW portal and your browser.
Once you logged in, you could go to the bookmarked pages. But at that point, you might as well just click the one link in your browser.

If you use the proxy, they you can do it with two bookmarked URLs. Or one bookmark and a click. No random number needed.

There isn't anything special about the random number. It may even work without it. I believe it's purely there so every request has a unique url which the browser will not have cached, forcing it to actually sending the request all the way to the carwings server.

JasonT said:
turbo2ltr said:
Theoretically yes, but it's not that simple. There is a random number at the end of the url to make sure it doesn't get cached. <snip>

The other issue is that there are actually two links for each command.
I hate to beat a dead horse, and I really should just be patient for the Android version of the carwings app...but here goes anyway.
If turbo will share the reverse-engineered API, I'd be willing to look at hacking together a freebie interim Carwings app for Android, for what that's worth. Wouldn't be as 'pretty' as the official one, but would at least be workable.

The random number doesn't appear to be needed by Nissan's end. They probably include it for the user's benefit -- in case you have too-smart caching.

At least, the number I'm using is distinctly not random. :)

turbo2ltr said:
You'd still have to log in to nissan using their CW portal and your browser.
Once you logged in, you could go to the bookmarked pages. But at that point, you might as well just click the one link in your browser.

If you use the proxy, they you can do it with two bookmarked URLs. Or one bookmark and a click. No random number needed.
Agreed, understood, and thanks for the response. I was pretty sure that was how it worked, but something about the "two url" response made me think that I had it wrong and that there was another way.

Turbo - very much apprieciated. Works like a charm...thanks

turbo2ltr said:
BTW, I updated it the other day so you can pass your credentials in the url and it will log in right away without having to type it in. So you can bookmark:

http://www.leafic.com/cwportal?username=[your username]&password=[your password]

Replace "[your username]" and "[your password]" with, well you know.

That way turning on the AC is a two click process with no typing.

Turbo2ltr, thank you so much for sharing the little mobile webpage that emulates the owner's portal. It works the charm on my Windows phone (no app for me!) and my desktop (hate the Nissan site). As the cool weather starts, I'm increasingly wanting to preheat the car, and the multiple clicks and timeouts on the owner's portal drives me nuts.

But I want more! The car's climate control timer is useless, since I have no regular schedule. I work at home, and run out for the odd errand or appointment. Right now, I have to set a reminder when I create an appointment in Outlook, then go through the CW login process and hope it works. This has two main drawbacks: 1) It interrupts my work, and 2) More than once, I've missed the reminder or the page timed out so I come out to a cold car. I've taken to keeping gloves in the car, and it's not even really cold yet.

I want to automate this, but I'm no programmer. Here's my Jetson's vision: When I create a new appointment in Outlook, there's a box to tick to turn on LEAF climate control 30 minutes beforehand. That way, my computer can take care of turning on the climate control, sparing me interruption and forgetfulness. Since it's an on/off switch, and Outlook lets you use VBA, it seems the only issue is whether Carwings will let you pass the information.

It seems to me that this is a kind of useful application, just the sort of practical thing that our technologies should be able to do for us.

Any thoughts?

Caitilin

Cayenne Red, #6559

I'm adding some enhancements that address some issues mentioned in the other thread (http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2406&start=20#p184984" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). Any other requests?

ACTranslation said:
I want to automate this, but I'm no programmer. Here's my Jetson's vision: When I create a new appointment in Outlook, there's a box to tick to turn on LEAF climate control 30 minutes beforehand. That way, my computer can take care of turning on the climate control, sparing me interruption and forgetfulness. Since it's an on/off switch, and Outlook lets you use VBA, it seems the only issue is whether Carwings will let you pass the information.

Sorry I know this is a bit dated, but I didn't really see this before. Interesting idea. I don't use outlook and I've never looked into programming outlook plugins.

I can think of a couple ways to do this so that it's a little more universal and not locked into outlook. Say if you want to preheat, you include "[email protected]" as an invitee. This will send an email to the portal server with the calendar information...then the server can start your preheat prior to the specific time.. It can also email you to let you know it started preheating. I'm sure there are other ways too..

Good workaround. Right now, I've taken to setting up appointments with reminders that prompt me to pick up my phone and use the app to preheat.

My Jetson's dream still exists: if I could send an SMS directly to the car (which I can't, right?), it would be sooo incredibly easy.

But if I understand you correctly, [email protected] will send an email to the server, which will contact the car to preheat? Stupid question then: how will it know which car to preheat?

There is, check out http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5868&hilit=text+message+carwings" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh, thank you for this! I clearly haven't been frequenting the board a lot (work requires I devote some time to it), so had missed this development. Sounds like I'm one step closer. Still need a household robot though.

TimeHorse said:
Want to work on a Python app with me guys? Since Turbo2ltr, though super genius IMHO, isn't one to share code, let's try to collaborate on some OpenSource!
There already is some good work on this out there. I think I remember seeing a Python library, but here's a PHP one: LEAF_Carwings_EasyAccess

TimeHorse said:
Oh, and how about using RSS for Geotagging and CARWINGS-CASTING? http://lab.nissan-carwings.com/CWL/. Alas, Nihongowa wakarimasun!
Yes, that would be great, except the "privacy concerns" people blew this capability out of proportion and Nissan shut off this capability but good. I did send them a query and asked whether they'd be willing to have a checkbox when configuring the feed to allow transmission of GPS coordinates, but they seemed unwilling to budge. Too bad--they took away a key capability that would have made the RSS feed actually useful. I had a great application in mind that will now not work without some alternate method of validating the LEAFs location. (By the way I was able to get a reasonable translation of most of the information in that link--there is even a CARWINGS simulator I found and was able to download to test my RSS feeds on, but I was not quite able to get it to work).

lpickup said:
TimeHorse said:
Want to work on a Python app with me guys? Since Turbo2ltr, though super genius IMHO, isn't one to share code, let's try to collaborate on some OpenSource!
There already is some good work on this out there. I think I remember seeing a Python library, but here's a PHP one: LEAF_Carwings_EasyAccess

Yeah, I was going to look over that next. Personally, I'm mainly interested in the last function of being able to create an accurate "finish by" timer and rally forces for a mass mailing to Nissan demanding they add a stop-charging message! :)

lpickup said:
TimeHorse said:
Oh, and how about using RSS for Geotagging and CARWINGS-CASTING? http://lab.nissan-carwings.com/CWL/. Alas, Nihongowa wakarimasun!
Yes, that would be great, except the "privacy concerns" people blew this capability out of proportion and Nissan shut off this capability but good.

Yeah, I read about that here http://seattlewireless.net/~casey/ but it still seems you could have some fun with it even without the awesome Geotagging feature. :)

TimeHorse said:
Yeah, I read about that here http://seattlewireless.net/~casey/ but it still seems you could have some fun with it even without the awesome Geotagging feature. :)
I do have a working RSS "game" (I call it a road rally, but it's a bit of a stretch to call it that) that presents a multiple choice question. For each of the possible answers, a different destination is presented. The competitor would then go to the destination they were directed to.

Ideally the next time they loaded the feed the server could then detect if the competitor was at one of the locations (and which one) and then move them on automatically to the next question/destination. Since it's not possible for the feed server to automatically determine this any more, I'll have to rely on a backup plan. One such plan is to physically put a QR-code at each destination that the competitors would scan which would have the same effect of letting the server know that they are at point X (or they would text a code listed under the QR-code to an address that my server would monitor).

Hi turbo,

Thank you for your contribution. I'm able to log in to the Nissan Leaf carwings site with no problem, but when I log into the cwportal with the same username and command, I get the following displayed:

VIN: JN1ADOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
ID: tml PUBLIC

Updated:
SOC:
Range:
L2 Charge Time:
Charge Status:
Plugged In:
HVAC:

When I click "Get Last Status", it boots me back out into the login screen. Is there something silly I'm missing? When I click "Update Status", the textbox shows:

Sending update request, please wait... There was a problem updating

File from cookie: /tmp/NISSANkORnxy Using /tmp/NISSANkORnxy as cookie file statusupdate:
In order to view this page you need JavaScript and Flash Player 8+ support!
close
Nissan LEAF Nissan

Congratulations on your new Nissan LEAF™! You're now registered on My Nissan to maximize your LEAF™ experience: check the car's status, activate charging, and even turn your climate control on or off remotely.

User Name
Password
Forgot Password?
Remember me

Do not check if on a public computer

Not registered yet? Sign up.

Fast and convenient, NMAC Finance Account Manager allows you to easily make your loan or lease payment online.

Genuine Nissan Parts & Accessories are specifically designed to meet your needs with Nissan quality and dependability.

Use the Maintenance Guide to help you maximize the life, performance, and ownership experience of your Nissan.
Forgot Password

Fill in the information below and we will send you a temporary password to access your My Nissan account

User Name

Join Mailing List Buying About Nissan More Nissan Sites Accessories
Home Contact Nissan Privacy & Legal Site Map

Hmm, Are you using the "one click" option by passing your username and password in the URL or are you logging in manually?

Do you have any special characters in your password?

Hi Turbo,

I tried both methods with no luck unfortunately. I also live in Canada, so I'm not sure if my region makes any difference.

Back