Carwings no longer works at my house

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbo2ltr

My charge routine is the car is set to 80% and starts charging as soon as I get home form work. Then the car sits overnight at 80% and I have a server that starts manual charging via the web portal at 5am so it's at 100% by the time I'm ready to leave for work the next morning.

As of last week some time, carwings communication fails 100% of the time when the car is sitting in the driveway. So I've woken up several days to a 80% car. Up until now it's worked fine in the driveway as well as the garage, and it still works fine everywhere else. I have had no issues starting HVAC at work via the portal.

Anyone else ever have this issue?

I'm guessing it's a cellular network issue but it's not like I'm an AT&T customer that can complain about a network issue. I will try and find a way to test the GSM signal at the driveway..

May have to look into an antenna issue as well. Maybe hack an external one on. :)

I've been experiencing much the same thing, although since about early May. Very sporadic Carwings functionality. It used to generally work very well at home, and even at my work's parking garage (two stories underground). Now it's very unreliable in those locations, and still pretty hit-or-miss at outside surface locations.

Up until two months ago, I was an AT&T customer, and had very strong signals at pretty much all of my parking locations. I've since switched to T-Mobile, so not sure if something has happened with AT&T since.

Carwings is acting cranky on mine for the past few days. Stopped uploading data @ 6/5, remote climate control timer didn't fire off a few days ago. Odd that it's doing the rankings for data from a couple days ago but won't display the data.

When I log in to Carwings, June 4 -- almost a week ago -- is the last day for which data has been recorded and put online. When I turn my LEAF on, it says it is communicating with Carwings.

Is there any way to contact someone at Nissan, a "Carwings" administrator/administration office to ask about this issue/complain?

cbdh19 said:
When I log in to Carwings, June 4 -- almost a week ago -- is the last day for which data has been recorded and put online. When I turn my LEAF on, it says it is communicating with Carwings.

Same here; there's obviously some sort of system/server problem with CW when EVERYONE doesn't have data. The problem is, we never why/when Nissan gets the system back up-and-running when this happens, which is probably part of the reason it's "free".

Back