Claning the shiny black plastic

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddf

I tried doing a search and could not find a previous posting.

I am super concerned about cleaning the shiny black plastic. I do not want to rough the surface or any other damage in trying to clean it.

Does anyone have suggestions or tips?

What about the touch screen?

Thanks!!

-Budd

I would use a soft cotton cloth (old t-shirt) with some alcohol.

Also see this if you want to get fancy. http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4536&start=10

I use eyeglass cloths. These were made for wiping off plastic lenses without scratching. Work great and grabs dust quickly.

Car wax? I didn't even think of that!

I was going to go with eye glass cleaners but thought I'd ask what others were doing.

Thanks!

buddf said:
I tried doing a search and could not find a previous posting.

I am super concerned about cleaning the shiny black plastic. I do not want to rough the surface or any other damage in trying to clean it.

I have a small spray bottle with water and I use a microfiber cloth. I use the spray only when I find stubborn finger prints that won't come out with the dry microfiber cloth, which I wipe lightly over area. Usually the cloth lifts up all the smudges without need for the water. Don't rub hard, just wipe lightly and repeatedly...

I've stocked up on the microfiber cloths from auto-parts stores. They come in bright yellow and orange colors. Gotta love-'em...

I'd be real careful about using a car wax on the screen, most contain some sort of mild abrasive cleaning agent which I don't think would be good for the screen.

I use Meguiar's Interior Quick Detailer and a microfiber towel. It's specifically made for this purpose and can neutralize your finger grease so it doesn't cause long term effects on the screen. I keep a bottle of it in my car at all times so I can give a quick wipe down to all surfaces including the center console, doors, dash, instrument cluster etc. It smells good too.

Back