Leafspy info regarding battery software update

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Numbers

Hi guys. Brand new to the forum but got really into the idea of buying a used leaf with a tax credit the last few weeks.

I’ve done a fair bit of research and am starting to narrow down 4 or 5 vehicles to inspect/test/compare and buy.

I have bluetooth obd2 reader and getting leafspy. But other than seeing the battery health and ensuring all the cells are mostly uniform, I’m at a loss of what I’m looking at.

My only other real concern aside from seeing how many qc the battery has, is to verify that the battery software has been updated. I tried to search the forum for “battery software update” etc but couldn’t really find much.

Does anyone have a reference guide they can point to? Or can anyone clear up what an updated battery software version will display vs a non-updated battery software? I’ve read that C is good and A and B are bad, and I’ve read the opposite as well. Please help! Thanks and looking forward to my journey into electric vehicles! Can’t wait

How has your search progressed? With the Leaf you need to check everything as with any other car. LeafSpy is great, look for SOH %, You did not mention which Leaf year you are looking at but generally for 2018 and newer you want to see about 10-15% degradation. So SOH should be in the 85-90% range for 2018/2019 model 40kwh pack.

By now all the Leafs should generally be on the latest battery software if the car was serviced at the dealer. I am not 100% sure what you should look for, there are many numbers and versions. I have tried to update mine (a 2018 model) but they told me I have the newest one already.

Back