Capacity Loss on 2011-2012 LEAFs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stoaty said:
8. They expected Scott's car to have lost 4 bars by now, and can't figure out why he is only down 3 bars.

9. They are doing a stealth conversion of Scott's Leaf to a Versa and hoping he won't notice that it needs gas to run now.

10. They have his car running on a dynamometer until the odometer reads more than 100,000 mile and battery pack is out of warranty.

11. Scott's car is being examined by the "other" crew.

STMirrorMirror.jpg

12. They have a revised battery capacity display and are fitting it to Scott's car.

Situation%20Normal%20Logo.jpg

Nubo said:
Stoaty said:
8. They expected Scott's car to have lost 4 bars by now, and can't figure out why he is only down 3 bars.

9. They are doing a stealth conversion of Scott's Leaf to a Versa and hoping he won't notice that it needs gas to run now.

10. They have his car running on a dynamometer until the odometer reads more than 100,000 mile and battery pack is out of warranty.

11. Scott's car is being examined by the "other" crew.

STMirrorMirror.jpg

12. They have a revised battery capacity display and are fitting it to Scott's car.

Situation%20Normal%20Logo.jpg

13. They had Scott's car plugged into a GE Watt station during a CA brownout and are now having to replace the OBC.

14. Nissan execs insisted they do an informational video of Mark Perry driving around in Scott's car while saying, "See, everything looks normal to me, you guys are nothing but a bunch of lames...".

Apparently they are keeping our car as well. So stop your speculation! :) I just don't know what to believe anymore, but we'll see what happens in a few days...

opossum said:
Apparently they are keeping our car as well. So stop your speculation! :) I just don't know what to believe anymore, but we'll see what happens in a few days...

16. In fear of yet another KPHO news story, they are keeping the featured vehicles in order to wrap them on one side with a picturesque Casa Grande, AZ postcard, and on the other, an open letter to Nissan LEAF owners advertising just how normal these cars are.

opossum said:

Just keep your fingers crossed behind your back when you sign the NDA :)

shrink said:
opossum said:

16. In fear of yet another KPHO news story, they are keeping the featured vehicles in order to wrap them on one side with a picturesque Case Grande, AZ postcard, and on the other, an open letter to Nissan LEAF owners advertising just how normal these cars are.

17. They were going to just fix the battery until they saw all the great ideas in this thread.

18. They put white tape over the lost capacity bars and advised that if the tapes falls off in the next 5 years its normal and expected.

This is the first time I have laughed all day :lol: Thanks for all your funny comments..

To say Im frustrated with my Leaf would be a understement,it wont be long before the car will not make it on its long drive to work and back..

By the end of summer Ill be forced to do nothing but 100% charges..

19. They painted his car in invisible paint, and now can't find it

20. The Top Gear crew was looking for a car to test that couldn't make it to Lincolnshire for their Nissan LEAF encore.

21. They are going to give them new batteries, but this requires Carlos Ghosn's signature and the legal team has to draft 20 pages worth of disclosures.

22. The battery in Scott's car fully discharged on the drive from the garage to the car carrier. Since this is completely normal for a LEAF in AZ, they have called 1-877-NO-GAS-EV and are waiting for the tow truck to come and take it the rest of the way.

23. They found Scott's car has an EVSEUpraded unit in the back and they are having an L6-20R outlet installed in the garage so they can recharge it before returning it.

24. After sitting for a week in Casa Grande, the 12V battery in Scott's car is dead and they will need a day to recharge it.

26. They need to spend extra time getting rid of the lemon smell in Scott's car so it can pass the sniff test.
27. Their printer is broken but they really want to print out a battery report for Scott's car with 5 stars in all 5 categories before releasing it.
28. They're holding on to Scott's car because they don't want to see any news on TV about 4-bar loss cars any time soon.
29. They're consulting with GM on how to build a liquid-cool TMS for Scott's car.

opossum said:

[SurfingSlovak's account hacker (who just had to get in on this) says...]

And why are they keeping Opossum's car? Do you suppose it's playing dead?

26a. They are making lemonade out of Scott's car and selling it at a roadside stand in Mesa where they got stuck.

30. They are now using Scott's car to shuffle undocumented workers across the border in the compartment where the battery was.

31. They are using Scott's car for a major rebranding campaign where they will change the name "LEAF" to "ROCK".

31.a. May I suggest a couple more names to their campaign? How about BRICK? Or TWLPW (The World's Largest Paper Weight)?
32. They're busy retrofitting Scott's car with a 6.6kWH charger so they can tell Scott he can just "fill up" in between faster now, what's the big deal? (as suggested by a poster on this forum).

Back