April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thankyouOB said:
I am not sure why you are so angry and so quick to put folks down.
but goddess bless.

Strange, I didn't read any putdown in ttweeds reply. He is right that none of the speculations about the wide spread in delivery dates for a given order date has been shown to have any validity.

Stoaty said:
thankyouOB said:
but goddess bless.

Strange, I didn't read any putdown in ttweeds reply. He is right that none of the speculations about the wide spread in delivery dates for a given order date has been shown to have any validity.

you guys in san diego are way to clubby for me.
thanks to you both.
I didnt spend a lot of time analyzing the order excel sheet. I suggested--didnt insist--that perhaps the utility was a factor. mine is LADWP.
i must apologize for getting ttweed's utility wrong. sorry that from LA Harbor that I didnt know that La Jolla was SDGE and not Edison.
mea culpa.

others on other threads thought the LADWP with ETEC was a real interesting idea, along with the concept that Nissan wants to help Etec analyze various user rates, utilities and locales. maybe it is the combination of LADWP and etec.
LADWP is the biggest muni in the country and their may be some desire to get them invovled WITH etec.
what I know is that right after ETEC approval, I got OK to order.

Not in the San Diego "club". I have LA DWP, elected to get a waiver, bought AV EVSE cash and carry, and getting quotes for my own install. I ordered end of January, have month of April delivery. No idea how I got so far to the front of the line, or whether I will slip back a month or two. Seems to be a crap shoot.

thankyouOB said:
I made no ad hominem attack on you, I was simply rebutting unsupportable assertions and speculations you were making, while pointing out that contradictory information was available in this very thread and others, if you did a little more reading before posting your theories. This is a general problem with forums like this. People tend to type before they read, don't bother searching for answers first before asking questions, and make claims about things without researching them. You are not alone in that respect.

I make a point of keeping all my posts civil and try to question the factual basis for ideas or opinions politely, without attacking the poster's character. I back that up by using my real name and taking responsibility for what I write. You obviously did not look at my history here if you think I'm a put-down artist. I challenge you to find a single post out of the nearly 300 I have made here that truly flames anyone for anything. If I am angry at anybody, it is at Nissan for what seems to be an opaque and inequitable order fulfillment/delivery scheme.

thankyouOB said:
what I know is that right after ETEC approval, I got OK to order.
You are not unique in that respect. This also happened with me and everyone else who is in the EVP, except perhaps for the late addition of the SF Bay area, where some people had ordered already before the region was added to the project. I was supposed to be a Sept. order, but Ecotality had trouble arranging my home assessment in time, and my order was delayed until Oct. 1, which was 3 days after they approved me. Until Nissan knows that you are accepted, they will not let an EVP applicant RAQ, as they need to know that you are eligible for the SL-etec model before opening your dashboard. This fact has also been discussed elsewhere on this forum.

I'm sorry if I offended you, but wrong is wrong, and I could not let your statements stand and confuse people further.

TT

After a week of enjoying a "Week of April 6" with no bouncing around, here we go again. I just got kicked 6 days forward to "Week of April 12". Maybe each week they'll push my delivery forward a week. :evil:

my DB just went from month of April to week of April 14 and car wings opened my vin is 1760
I have no idea why my RAQ to delivery time is so short- if I thought Nissan actually was in direct control of the process i would say it was because I appear to be someone who would be sure to buy the car, but I really have no idea

res 6/28/10
ordered 1/25/11
Avs assesment in October 2010
test drove at Santa Monica Electric auto event
appeared in related facebook video filmed at event
joined survey panels and answered two so far
from downtown LA Nissan
SL Red

only options are the quick charger and the door kick plates (they had me at hologram)

qcar said:
my DB just went from month of April to week of April 14
Same here! My dashboard just changed this evening. Week of 4/14 for me, too!
qcar said:
I have no idea why my RAQ to delivery time is so short- if I thought Nissan actually was in direct control of the process i would say it was because I appear to be someone who would be sure to buy the car, but I really have no idea
I really have no idea, either. In fact, when I ordered, I told Fontana Nissan I wasn't totally sure if I would be following through with the purchase, mainly due to concerns relating to the fact that I live up in the San Bernardino Mountains (and my wife's reluctance to spend the money). However, at least a couple of LEAF owners have tried significant mountain climbs/descents and done fine, and my wife is now willing to support me in making the purchase, so I'm glad I went ahead and ordered! Yes, given where I live I'll be a bit of a guinea pig, but such is the cost of being a pioneer of sorts. Actually, given that most of our local mountain roads are not terribly steep, that it is possible to keep one's speed under 45 mph pretty much everywhere up here, and that our temperatures are cooler, I have reason to believe that most of our conditions/driving won't be too terribly hard on the battery pack. Anyway, I digress, and I have to apologize for cutting in the LEAF delivery line even though I had nothing to do with this turn of events.

My date just went from Week of April 1 to Week of April 12 in one day. Essentially the same as qcar above, who reserved in freaking JUNE.

If I didn't know better, I'd say that Nissan is punishing me for complaining about the discrepancies between reservation and delivery dates. But I know better, right?

qcar said:
my DB just went from month of April to week of April 14 and car wings opened my vin is 1760
res 6/28/10 ordered 1/25/11
Whoa - highest VIN yet. That's a jump of ~600 over the last - I have to assume that the United Spirit also dropped off ~600 Leafs when it was in Long Beach 7 days ago (see my recent post on Tracking Ship! thread) and the port guys have been so busy with the last shipment that they just now got to your Leaf. I would bet that we are about to see a lot of Carwings opening reports for April tomorrow.

Did you also get an email from Nissan regarding your order?

abasile said:
Same here! My dashboard just changed this evening. Week of 4/14 for me, too!
What's your VIN?

abasile said:
Anyway, I digress, and I have to apologize for cutting in the LEAF delivery line even though I had nothing to do with this turn of events.
Not your fault, so as one of the people you've "cut" in front of - no worries. :) Enjoy your Leaf when it gets here. Now if you get the CA rebate and I don't - I expect to get a big check from you. :twisted: :p j/k!

Vin: 892, ordered the 2nd of September, and now the date says the April 12.
I don't think it really matters, as it's in Longbeach and we'll probably make it to Silicon Valley one of these days. Of course, earlier today it said the 1st, and that was 11 days better! :)

Much ado about nothing.

I am back!

Ordered Jan 8, was originally April delivery, moved to May in mid Feb and today (March 17) carwings opened up, gave me a VIN and I have now a "week of April 14" date ( I had received an email about a week ago that I had a new date, but it didn't change until today. I guess my car is in the boat that just left Japan.

Posted this in the main thread as I am sure the April folks don't read the May thread.

idunk said:
I am back!

Ordered Jan 8, was originally April delivery, moved to May in mid Feb and today (March 17) carwings opened up, gave me a VIN and I have now a "week of April 14" date ( I had received an email about a week ago that I had a new date, but it didn't change until today. I guess my car is in the boat that just left Japan.

Posted this in the main thread as I am sure the April folks don't read the May thread.

ditto.
I didnt get an email. I checked because so many above said they got alerted today.

According to Nissan, people who got notified today will get an update on March 31 that provides a delivery day within the week of april 14.
you will get "week of" notice when you are four weeks away.
you get "day of" notice when you are two weeks away.

Now it's changed again for the 5th time from Week of April 1 to Week of April 12th. WTF! This is getting pretty ridiculous. I ordered in September and am getting my LEAF the same timeframe as people who ordered 4 months later?

Bassman said:
Now it's changed again for the 5th time from Week of April 1 to Week of April 12th. WTF! This is getting pretty ridiculous. I ordered in September and am getting my LEAF the same timeframe as people who ordered 4 months later?

look at your VIN number. it is very low.
The Nissan thing is to send notice when the delivery week is to customers when delivery date is four weeks out. The precise timing also may have something to do with arrival time in Port of Long Beach or wherever it lands.
There were just not very many (my guess is more than 200) cars delivered in all of the US before March. So, there was no notice to people who ordered in September because there were no deliveries.
You wont know when your car was built until you get it.

Bassman said:

Not exactly sure why this is such an issue for you? You are getting your car, CONGRATULATIONS! Those of us with still essentially unknown delivery timing in California have potentially 5,000 reasons to be wondering WTF.

It would seem that the BERGAMOT ACE did have some LEAFs on it when it made its stop at the Nissan dock yesterday. Congrats to the lucky ones.

Back