April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dashboard went from month of April to week of April 14th, as it seems, so did many others. My vin is 1693. It all just started to get more real.

My 4 days in March ended. I am now back joining you folks with a week of April 14 delivery. In addition, my DB is telling me to activate Carwings which I did earlier.

Beachcliffs said:
Those of us with still essentially unknown delivery timing in California have potentially 5,000 reasons to be wondering WTF.
Please don't take this the wrong way - especially because there seems to be so much bickering in these forums these days, but I get a little tired about reading about the CA people worrying about their rebate. I do get it, I do understand - I would love to get an extra five grand in my pocket. But I won't - and neither will anyone else not in CA, and yet we're still managing. Worst case for you CA folks is that you end up like the rest of us :-D And that's an absolute worst case, because my understanding is even if you don't get the $5,000 now you'll be put in a queue and might "only" get $3,000 later.

I truly do hope that everyone here who is in CA gets their rebate. But if you don't, c'est la vie, really.

Cinnabar said:
My dashboard went from month of April to week of April 14th, as it seems, so did many others. My vin is 1693. It all just started to get more real.
No such luck here--still stuck on "month of April 2011." Will check it again tonight :(

In the last 6 days, my estimated delivery date has changed 5 times, and has varied from April 1 to April 15.

Unfortunately, it currently is April 15.

If it is true that they don't send us an email about expected delivery until the boat has landed, I recieved the "Welcome' and 'Pre-Purchase checklist' emails on March 2.

I can't believe that it takes 6 weeks to transport a car from Long Beach to Texas.

Also note that almost ALL of us now have delivery dates around April 14 - 15, even with cars with high VIN numbers that arrived weeks later.

Could Nissan be installing some updates to software, or retrofitting something at the port, thus delaying the delivery?

Add me to the list of people pretty irritated at this process. Reserved almost a year ago (4/20), ordered on 9/10/10 within HOURS of a few other members in regional proximity and by looking at the spreadsheet, I'm slated to take delivery WEEKS later than other people. I feel worse for the people who still have delivery dates in the past, but I'm growing tirelessly impatient by this whole process. My "week of" delivery has changed 8 times in as many days (as soon as April 7 and the latest (today) of April 20). I don't understand... Granted, I know I'm in Texas, away from costal deliveries but it's annoying to know that people with Jan/Feb order dates are receiving their cars before me and other people in the same situation. I just want my car, within the "7 month" delivery window. I'm losing hope.

Also 1st of Apr to 12th of Apr since last night.

The data used (is it row and parking spot number on the lot in LA Harbor?) and the programming that creates these dates is apparently unstable and only loosely connected to reality. So, it seems that there is little significance to the "Week Of" date bouncing around, other than your LEAF has arrived in port and it (and other cars) are being "processed" (maybe checked and tested) in some way.

Perhaps there are N checks to complete, and the number of cars in each check-queue is (improperly) used to estimate the car's exit date, without taking into account where your car might (should) be in the queue. If just-delivered cars are just added to the "pot" and all cars are just taken in near-random order, that COULD account for the jumping dates. Hopefully things are not so chaotic there.

garygid said:
Also 1st of Apr to 12th of Apr since last night.

The data used (is it row and parking spot number on the lot in LA Harbor?) and the programming that creates these dates is apparently unstable and only loosely connected to reality.

Maybe it's LIFO. :|

Beachcliffs said:
Bassman said:
Now it's changed again for the 5th time from Week of April 1 to Week of April 12th. WTF! This is getting pretty ridiculous. I ordered in September and am getting my LEAF the same timeframe as people who ordered 4 months later?

Not exactly sure why this is such an issue for you? You are getting your car, CONGRATULATIONS! Those of us with still essentially unknown delivery timing in California have potentially 5,000 reasons to be wondering WTF.

The problem is that I was originally told by the dealer when I ordered in early September that I would get my car in December. I'm currently driving a 1989 Honda CRX HF with 532,000 miles on it and I was expecting to retire the car in December or January and the car is on it's last leg. Every delay increases the chances that my CRX may die on me, leaving me with no transportation. So it's getting very frustrating.

Bassman said:
Beachcliffs said:
Bassman said:
Now it's changed again for the 5th time from Week of April 1 to Week of April 12th. WTF! This is getting pretty ridiculous. I ordered in September and am getting my LEAF the same timeframe as people who ordered 4 months later?

Not exactly sure why this is such an issue for you? You are getting your car, CONGRATULATIONS! Those of us with still essentially unknown delivery timing in California have potentially 5,000 reasons to be wondering WTF.

I love it that you don't rush into retirement decisions.
Your "1989 Honda CRX HF with 532,000 miles on it" and you are just now worrying about it's reliability? :lol:

On a less serious note:
I just checked my Dashboard

you are never gonna believe this

but

my estimated delivery year is still 2011.......

Cheers :mrgreen:

Bassman said:

I think our cars are on the same transport as my dates are cycling the same 4/5->4/1->4/12. I knew 4/1 was just a joke...

Yes, I'm back to April 12 today(VIN 820), after bouncing from March to April, week of April 5, 8, March 30, April 1, 8 in as many days. I will stop giving my wife updates at this point, makes me look rather silly. I'm hoping the delivery is delayed due to a firmware update, but would expect that it would be able to be done remotely via Carwings at any time?

A couple of weeks one way or the other is pretty inconsequential given the ongoing events in Japan.

Leafittome said:
Yes, I'm back to April 12 today(VIN 820), after bouncing from March to April, week of April 5, 8, March 30, April 1, 8 in as many days. I will stop giving my wife updates at this point, makes me look rather silly. I'm hoping the delivery is delayed due to a firmware update, but would expect that it would be able to be done remotely via Carwings at any time?

A couple of weeks one way or the other is pretty inconsequential given the ongoing events in Japan.

Exactly my story, and my conclusion! She asked me "Well then, why are you checking every day?"

I answered "Uh, you mean multiple times a day..." That didn't help my case for sanity any!! :lol:

Electric4Me said:
Leafittome said:

Exactly my story, and my conclusion! She asked me "Well then, why are you checking every day?"

I answered "Uh, you mean multiple times a day..." That didn't help my case for sanity any!! :lol:

+1

Bassman said:
I ordered in September and am getting my LEAF the same timeframe as people who ordered 4 months later?
I had a crazy thought as I was falling asleep last night. What if some idiot setting up the order database made the order date field type character instead of numeric or date? And what if dates are getting entered there in month/day/year format? Things would have worked pretty smoothly so long as Aug and Sep order dates were entered as '08/31/2010' and '09/xx/2010', but pity anyone whose date was entered as '9/xx/2010'. The records for those poor souls would sort as ordering later than the '10/xx/2010' folks.

Or, rather, I should say things would have worked relatively smoothly until people started ordering in '01/xx/2011'. Those people would immediately show up as having the "earliest" dates for which the car had not yet started the manufacture process. Even if the date was entered as '1/xx/2011' they would be "older" than everyone except the '08/31' and '09/xx' folks. ('/' is lower in the ANSi collating sequence than '0'.)

I know, only a retired programmer's laughable nightmare, but it sure would explain why no one can make sense of the delivery sequence.

Ray

planet4ever said:
Bassman said:
I ordered in September and am getting my LEAF the same timeframe as people who ordered 4 months later?
I had a crazy thought as I was falling asleep last night. What if some idiot setting up the order database made the order date field type character instead of numeric or date? And what if dates are getting entered there in month/day/year format? Things would have worked pretty smoothly so long as Aug and Sep order dates were entered as '08/31/2010' and '09/xx/2010', but pity anyone whose date was entered as '9/xx/2010'. The records for those poor souls would sort as ordering later than the '10/xx/2010' folks.

Or, rather, I should say things would have worked relatively smoothly until people started ordering in '01/xx/2011'. Those people would immediately show up as having the "earliest" dates for which the car had not yet started the manufacture process. Even if the date was entered as '1/xx/2011' they would be "older" than everyone except the '08/31' and '09/xx' folks. ('/' is lower in the ANSi collating sequence than '0'.)

I know, only a retired programmer's laughable nightmare, but it sure would explain why no one can make sense of the delivery sequence.

Ray

Ha, I love it! It's seriously the best explanation so far...and an elegant one at that!

Back