April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
planet4ever said:
Bassman said:
I ordered in September and am getting my LEAF the same timeframe as people who ordered 4 months later?
I had a crazy thought as I was falling asleep last night. What if some idiot setting up the order database made the order date field type character instead of numeric or date? And what if dates are getting entered there in month/day/year format? Things would have worked pretty smoothly so long as Aug and Sep order dates were entered as '08/31/2010' and '09/xx/2010', but pity anyone whose date was entered as '9/xx/2010'. The records for those poor souls would sort as ordering later than the '10/xx/2010' folks.

Or, rather, I should say things would have worked relatively smoothly until people started ordering in '01/xx/2011'. Those people would immediately show up as having the "earliest" dates for which the car had not yet started the manufacture process. Even if the date was entered as '1/xx/2011' they would be "older" than everyone except the '08/31' and '09/xx' folks. ('/' is lower in the ANSi collating sequence than '0'.)

I know, only a retired programmer's laughable nightmare, but it sure would explain why no one can make sense of the delivery sequence.

Ray

Nice theory but the Japanese localization for a date format is yyyy-mm-dd. Our order data would have been entered in a database in Japan, and since there is a difference in Euorpean and US localization, I'm sure they used a date time data type, not a string. It is possible that they screwed up importing US dates and European dates into their database.

jcesare said:
Nice theory but the Japanese localization for a date format is yyyy-mm-dd. Our order data would have been entered in a database in Japan, and since there is a difference in Euorpean and US localization, I'm sure they used a date time data type, not a string.

Says he who reserved 2 months after me, ordered 4 months after me, and is getting his car before me.

Today dashboard went from month of May to week of April 28th and carwings was enabled.

Ordered January 26th
Port Townsend, WA

eeman said:
Today dashboard went from month of May to week of April 28th and carwings was enabled.

Ordered January 26th
Port Townsend, WA

This makes me optimistic. I ordered 12/1 (November order month) and have a May delivery, and live in Seattle. Hopefully this bodes well for me. :)

jcesare said:
Nice theory but the Japanese localization for a date format is yyyy-mm-dd. Our order data would have been entered in a database in Japan, and since there is a difference in Euorpean and US localization, I'm sure they used a date time data type, not a string. It is possible that they screwed up importing US dates and European dates into their database.
Actually, of course, a string datatype would work flawlessly if the very logical Japanese date format was used. My admittedly unlikely scenario would have to assume a database managed by Nissan USA (or perhaps Critical Mass) with the US affiliate placing orders to Japan by configuration and making the customer assignments here. Remember that most of the options are installed in Long Beach, not Japan.

Ray

eeman said:

Ordered January 26th
Port Townsend, WA
Ain't that the way? Mine's been sitting firmly at Month of April--the only date it's shown other than Pending--but you go from May to a specific date in April, and Carwings enabled (mine's still shut out). EDIT: Not to mention you ordered almost four months after me (10/7 vs. 1/26).

I'm envisioning a big wheel-of-fortune they spin periodically to see what lucky winner is going to get his order updated.

Occasionally, in my dashboard I get error message "an exception occurred retrieving your information" when opening Carwings tab.

Let's have a new contest.

Who has the lowest VIN and the LATEST Delivery Date.

My Vin is 561 (should be a winner) and Deliver Date is Week of April 18 (also a winner)

:mrgreen:

IBELEAF said:
Occasionally, in my dashboard I get error message "an exception occurred retrieving your information" when opening Carwings tab.

My DB also displayed that message, but disappeared within 24 hr and reverted back to the earlier message that Carwings was activated. Now my DB tells me to get started and activate Carwings. When I log into my Nissan account it shows that Carwings is activated. Hope this does not become another problem to think about before the LEAF arrives.

linkim said:
IBELEAF said:

My DB also displayed that message, but disappeared within 24 hr and reverted back to the earlier message that Carwings was activated. Now my DB tells me to get started and activate Carwings. When I log into my Nissan account it shows that Carwings is activated. Hope this does not become another problem to think about before the LEAF arrives.

My dashboard is also showing the exception error message for Carwings.

I'm in Tucson. I ordered my Leaf 1/25/11 from Jim Click Nissan. Today I received a VIN number for my car to be delivered the week of April 14th. Carwings enabled and I am now receiving the exception message.

My VIN is 1609.

My delivery estimate changed from month of April to week of April 14. VIN # is 1544.
I hope the EVSE gets installed before the Leaf gets here. I'm part of the EV Project, and they've contracted Baker Electric to install at my house. Has anyone else gotten an install from Baker Electric?

Back