Anybody Using the Android Nissan LEAF App?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No joy for Android 1.6 users, apparently. Does not show up in the Market. That indicates that it's not supported.
(The original Nissan web page is still hopelessly broken for mobile access, as well)

That's the power of Zero. :) Glad the car works flawlessly :)

gbarry42 said:
No joy for Android 1.6 users, apparently. Does not show up in the Market. That indicates that it's not supported.
(The original Nissan web page is still hopelessly broken for mobile access, as well)

That's the power of Zero. :) Glad the car works flawlessly :)

market place app itself was updated on phone yesterday. have u installed it? or do you have a choice? i have auto update, so i only get notified that the update was installed. this is a user settable option.

808pv said:
Surprised Nissan didn't put out a notice on this. If not for this forum, I wouldn't have known about it.

Seems to work pretty well on HTC MyTouch 4G Slide, though it doesn't rotate horizontally when the slider keyboard is extended.

Glad to see it's finally out though.

It was posted on the Leaf Facebook page this morning.

Doesn't appear to be working on Tablets running Honeycomb 3.0 (Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1). Works fine on my Samsung Droid Charge (2.2.1). Anyone else have a better experience with a 3.0 Tablet?

Works great on my Verizon Droid 3. No issues.

I only found out about it by contacting Nissan LEAF Support online.

I downloaded the app from Android Market (market.android.com).

Note: I also have experienced no ROTATE, with screen rotations.

Bummer, No work on the new Toshiba Thrive Tablet powered with Android,
Hope Nissan has someone upgrading this app already.

the one thing about compatibility on the android is that right now there are a half dozen active OS versions out there. the app will have to be tweaked for each version and i am guessing that will take a bit of time and not all "upgrades" are better.

ever since i went to 2.3 on my droid X my rock-solid Pandora now crashes on me at least 2-3 times a week. before that, i had maybe a few dozen crashes on 2.2 and i dont think i had more than 2 or 3 on 2.0 and 2.1 combined.

but then again, a rolling stone gathers no moss. the OS has been upgraded that many times in 13 months. better than i can say for Blackberry. obtw; anyone here that RIM laid off 3500 workers...guess business is not so good

Most tabs are are 3.0 i am running 2.3 without issuez

So it appears that everything under 2.0 and over 2.3 are having the problems

Works fine on the original Droid.

I wanted to put the icon on my home screen. Needed to decide which existing app to dump..........

OH YEAH GasBuddy just went into the bit bucket :)

Back