Anybody Using the Android Nissan LEAF App?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just want to point out to everyone here , the Android app was specifically written for me personally.

How can I be sure of this?

My LEAF was delivered to the dealer the same day the app came out. That's proof enough for me!! :)

It's kindof a uselsess app. I'd like to see more data.

- the full carwings interface - with history, energy efficiency, etc...
- you shouldn't have to go to a separate screen just for "update" you should able to do it on the main screen
- sending destinations to the car for the navigation would be an awesome feature
- it should also show an accurate percentage of charge available

All of these complaints I'm sure could apply to the iPhone app.

cdub said:
It's kindof a uselsess app. I'd like to see more data.

- the full carwings interface - with history, energy efficiency, etc...
- you shouldn't have to go to a separate screen just for "update" you should able to do it on the main screen
- sending destinations to the car for the navigation would be an awesome feature
- it should also show an accurate percentage of charge available

All of these complaints I'm sure could apply to the iPhone app.

The app appears to limit itself to the data and controls available on the Nissan 'For Owners' webpage for the LEAF under the pull down for 'View Leaf Status'. See
https://www.nissanusa.com/owners/vehicles

It isn't CarWings by any stretch of the imagination. Which is a separate service/webpage.

I too would like to see more data. Things like, total mileage (I have to switch the car on to see the current miles). Physical location, at least my wife can check on my whereabouts and visa versa. Well she can do that with Google Latitude anyway.

On the Galaxy Nexus from Verizon running Android 4.0.2

Tried to launch the Leaf app and got this:
Unfortunately Nissan LEAF has stopped

Good thing the car does not agree with that.

This is the only app that has failed on me so far. And i've launched several others.

The phone itself integrates seamlessly with the car. Bluetooth, Hands-free, Address book download, Voice recognition. As far as cell phones, driving and safety go, this setup is perfect.

using on my Droid Bionic and it works great. for a while i was using the remote warmup feature nearly every day. now that winter is back to normal (highs in mid 40s instead of low 30s) not so much

I've run into a few other apps that don't seem to work on Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0). Hopefully Nissan will put out an update soon.

I've noticed that the last several reviews on Android Marketplace on the phone mention the app not working on ICS.

DaveinOlyWA said:
using on my Droid Bionic and it works great. for a while i was using the remote warmup feature nearly every day. now that winter is back to normal (highs in mid 40s instead of low 30s) not so much

Me too and I'm happy with it on my HTC Sprint. Would like to see it have expanded data capability but imagine that will come.

Dave

I still have Droid 2.2.3 and the app works for me. Waiting to upgrade to a new smartphone when my contract ends early next year. Is there and difference between the iphone app and the droid one?

To summarize the responses here, the app works fine with Android 2.x

The upgrade to 4.0.2 seems to have broken the app.

The LEAF Android and iOS apps have the same functionality.

Google has already released an update for the nexus on Verizon. I am sure there are more to follow. Also need am app update as well most likely

I've just updated market with the latest version of my app that supports the US as well as European Leafs and runs on android from versions 2.1 to 4.x (ics).

The free version is ad supported and has AC controls disabled,
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.nikpix.leaf.openwings.free
Please try it first to make sure that it works for you and your device.

The plus version is $9.99 and has all functions enabled and no ads.
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.nikpix.leaf.openwings.paid

Thanks again Nikolay for developing this app! Its so much more convenient than having to log in through the Nissan portal in my browser. It works perfect on my Android 3.2 tablet.

keydiver said:
Thanks again Nikolay for developing this app! Its so much more convenient than having to log in through the Nissan portal in my browser. It works perfect on my Android 3.2 tablet.

It was a pleasure. Thanks for confirming it works for the US drivers!

nr56, Confirmed that it works on Android 4.0.2 as well.

The UI looks much cleaner than the stock Nissan app. Had called their customer support a couple of weeks ago and got the standard BS. They need to hire you. Best wishes..

Back