A Chance to buy a 2015 Leaf S w/QC

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orsadude2

I have a chance to get a 2015 Leaf S w/QC. It has close to 17,500 miles. The asking price is $10K.
My concern is that the car has been in an accident (which was repaired - driver front corner panel and front bumper replaced). What that means to me is that the title has "rebuilt" on it.

I rode around in the car as the owner tooled around. I was too busy fidgeting with Leaf Spy Pro but didn't know what the hell I was doing, so I didn't really get any data. I do have screen shots of what I managed to get...but I didn't understand all of it. Not only that....the little plug in doohicky was making the dash lights do weird things. The owner didn't know what to think and neither did I.

It seems to be a Pacific NW Car. I didn't carfax it....Not sure what else I could/should do. Just wondering from you experts if you think $10K is a good price? He will sell it to me for $9000 but not a penny lower. He also has a charger that works on 240v? That he will throw in and wire it up at my home...electricity seems to be his profession.

Just need to know what else to look for...and if I need to upload any of the LSP screen shots?

DT

I do not know where you are, a coworker bought a 17 SV for 24K out the door less 7.5 K and 2.5 k state and fed.
there are a lot of deals on 17s this month wanting for the 18s to come.

speedski97 said:
I do not know where you are, a coworker bought a 17 SV for 24K out the door less 7.5 K and 2.5 k state and fed.
there are a lot of deals on 17s this month wanting for the 18s to come.
1+

OP:
Get the carFax;
Read the LeafSpy manual -- it is not complicated

Seems like too high of a price for a "rebuilt" title. $8K seems about right.

I would stay away from it unless the price was too good to turn down, which it's not. Surely, you can find a similar model with maybe 10,000 more miles on it for nearly the same price.

In my area 2015s with ~25K miles are going for around $10K-$11K.

Post the numbers for "AH" and "SOH" and "Hx".

Didn't get that...which I thought was weird since the obdic thing was plugged in for at least 30 minutes. But then again the car dash information was acting screwy. I know the BT dongle didn't work well at all in my 2008 Acura RDX and I was using MyDash app...to monitor info. It did work like a champ in my 1998 Acura CL, so I wasn't sure if it was the leaf or my doohicky.

However, because the dongle worked flawlessly in a 2017 Nissan Leaf I got my hands on earlier in the year, I was suspecting something wasn't quite right with the electronics of the car...add to that the title is wonky...and voila...I turn to the forum.

orsadude2 said:
I have a chance to get a 2015 Leaf S w/QC. It has close to 17,500 miles. The asking price is $10K.
My concern is that the car has been in an accident (which was repaired - driver front corner panel and front bumper replaced). What that means to me is that the title has "rebuilt" on it.
Your post is ambiguous. Minor to moderate damage doesn't necessarily total the vehicle.

Does this car ACTUALLY have a salvage title and/or has it ever been declared totaled? If so, you will have virtually no warranty as most/all Nissan warranties are void at that point. If so, there's NO way this car is worth $10K. It would be worth FAR less. If it has a salvage title, it's not worth $8K.

Although supply seems surprisingly limited in my area, https://sfbay.craigslist.org/search/cta?sort=priceasc&auto_make_model=nissan%20leaf&max_auto_year=2015&min_auto_year=2015 can give you an idea of pricing in my area.
SageBrush said:
OP:
Get the carFax;
Read the LeafSpy manual -- it is not complicated
Yes.

And the manual is built into the app.

Approximately where are you located? Perhaps you can find a local Leafer to show you Leaf Spy w/your dongle and phone and/or loan their dongle to you. Or, you can at least practice using it. What exactly model of dongle did you buy? Running on iOS or Android? Which model of phone? What OS version on it?

If I remember right, the OP is from Seattle. If so, this thread will be of interest:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24424

Back