411 on volontary recall P1273 LEAF VCM LBC TCU NTB12-014

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ingineer said:
spike09 said:
Just got the software update from Bill Seidle Nissan. I did not bother with the Lower Apron fix.

The only upgrade was to my TCU software. It was updated from 3NA0000626 to 3NA0000627

<snip>

Also I forgot to ask about the revision to the user manual. The total Driving Distance and Elapsed Time were reset. I also had to reset the dashboard clock. All the other settings are untouched.
There is a dinging sound when the door is open that I think is new.
The list you referred to is only pertaining to the MFD (Head) unit, and not to other systems in the Leaf. For instance, the door chime function was obviously changed, and this is not shown in your list, neither is the HVAC, EV ECU, Batt ECU, etc.

-Phil
Thanks for the info Phil. I have a ODB II scanner but I doubt that can interface with the CAN bus!

Also saw this, which is OT, but it's sorta funny:

pic

That was an except from the full TSB which is here.

-Phil

LEAFfan said:
For those of you that haven't 'received' your bulletin, try checking your SPAM folder. That's where I found mine because Nissan's email addy is different.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
+1

But, I had already taken the LEAF in for the "1 year battery health check" before receiving the bulletin from the spam folder.

I showed Boardwalk Nissan the forum threads about the recall. So, they took car of the update at the same time.

Total time for both the battery check and the updates was 4 hours.

Ingineer said:
spike09 said:
Just got the software update from Bill Seidle Nissan. I did not bother with the Lower Apron fix.

The only upgrade was to my TCU software. It was updated from 3NA0000626 to 3NA0000627

<snip>

Also I forgot to ask about the revision to the user manual. The total Driving Distance and Elapsed Time were reset. I also had to reset the dashboard clock. All the other settings are untouched.
There is a dinging sound when the door is open that I think is new.
The list you referred to is only pertaining to the MFD (Head) unit, and not to other systems in the Leaf. For instance, the door chime function was obviously changed, and this is not shown in your list, neither is the HVAC, EV ECU, Batt ECU, etc.

-Phil

I would like to see the full list of versions before and after. Is there a way to get all of them from the console?

camasleaf said:
I would like to see the full list of versions before and after. Is there a way to get all of them from the console?
No, the only way to get that is to use Nissan's $5k Consult III+ service software. But if you had that, you'd not need to go to the dealer for the update. =)

-Phil

With this talk about the door chime, I'd like to put it in the open that my car never did do a door chime when power is on. Oddly enough, I can open the door with power on and there is no door chime. Yet if I power off with the door open the door chime starts. Exact opposite of what I would expect, and it confuses me every time. Because the chime only happens when the car is shut off, to keep from worrying about it I have to open and close the door again to make sure it is really off. Maybe this update will fix that behavior. But then again, I can see the reasoning for the behavior - it reminds you to not leave the keyfob in the car.

Ingineer said:
Here's the info about the update to the Owner's manual:

pic

-Phil
Thanks, Phil.

I just checked Nissan's on-line version of the 2011 Owner's Manual - printing date March 2011 - not updated yet.

I saved a copy for later reference :D

huh does that thing go at the leading edge of the bumper, the air intake mouth, or maybe at the rear of the front lower splash pan?

to keep snow out? that mouth is pretty large?

usually we see snow scooped up by splash shields

I wanted to give everyone an update for my lack of contact with Nissan via the campaign. I called nissan ev this morning and got some interesting items. Firstly, my contact information was totally blank in their books. Despite the fact that my account online (carwings, etc) shows all my correct contact information, Nissan's contact info in their system had nothing for me - I am guessing they are seperate information. All they had was a name and the original dealership I got my leaf from (since i bought it as an orphan). I spent a couple of minutes giving them all my info so next time I can be contacted correctly (yea!). I will say, though, this should be corrected automattically, people that buy orphan leafs shouldn't need to call nissan ev to get their info updated.

Now for the voluntary recall. It appears the recall is in three pieces of upgrades. Taking with the rep, my car has received 2 of the 3. I explained how this was kindof odd since I never took the car into the shop. He said both were delievered on Jan 25th via carwings download. So, they updated the car remotely. The only remaining item (that couldn't be done remotely) is the door chime fix. I am wondering how many people had their software for the range/carwings stuff remotly updated versus having to take it into the dealership....

So, I will take my car in here in the next couple of days to get the final piece of the software.

Pipcecil said:
I wanted to give everyone an update for my lack of contact with Nissan via the campaign. I called nissan ev this morning and got some interesting items. Firstly, my contact information was totally blank in their books. Despite the fact that my account online (carwings, etc) shows all my correct contact information, Nissan's contact info in their system had nothing for me - I am guessing they are seperate information. All they had was a name and the original dealership I got my leaf from (since i bought it as an orphan). I spent a couple of minutes giving them all my info so next time I can be contacted correctly (yea!). I will say, though, this should be corrected automattically, people that buy orphan leafs shouldn't need to call nissan ev to get their info updated.

Now for the voluntary recall. It appears the recall is in three pieces of upgrades. Taking with the rep, my car has received 2 of the 3. I explained how this was kindof odd since I never took the car into the shop. He said both were delievered on Jan 25th via carwings download. So, they updated the car remotely. The only remaining item (that couldn't be done remotely) is the door chime fix. I am wondering how many people had their software for the range/carwings stuff remotly updated versus having to take it into the dealership....

So, I will take my car in here in the next couple of days to get the final piece of the software.

That's interesting as my dealer said that he would need a few hours to update the software; it's certainly possible as Sirius XM does some updates this way BUT (over the airwaves), early on with an '06 Mazda I had I needed to the dealer to perform a reflash that Sirius required but afterwards, all other updates I would see as the radio would cut out with the display showing 'UPDATING' for about a minute or so.

who does this affect? I just called my dealer - they ran my VIN in "the system" and told me there were no outstanding updates for my vehicle.

essaunders said:
who does this affect? I just called my dealer - they ran my VIN in "the system" and told me there were no outstanding updates for my vehicle.

The plot thickens ... my dealer mentions (as also mentioned here) that it's VIN based of course and mine is a 2012 SL series VIN 152xx so the 'snow shield' is just part of this (I'm sure we'll get many names for this black piece of plastic that appears to be beyond a simple bracket) so if yours isn't included on his list must be a later series. They did say in the email that if your dealer can't help you to call them so perhaps for piece of mind contact Nissan CS yourself?

Update car firmware via Carwings?

This is the first we have heard that it is possible.

Although updates COULD be done via Carwings,
I suspect that this COULD be incorrect information.

Can anybody verify Updates actually happening via Carwings?

I'm going to stop short of calling this BS but it seems highly unlikely to me... Carwings is basically a slow speed SMS system and I truly question whether it could or would be used for such updates... And we all know that CS is not exactly the gold standard of correct information...

Pipcecil said:
He said both were delievered on Jan 25th via carwings download. So, they updated the car remotely.

I agree it seems like it should be BS, but he clearly had the date (jan 25th) and time (6:14 am - which would be correct if I am leaving for work). So I am curious if this is actually true. It could have been very small minor stuff and the 3rd update is very large. I don't quite remember the date, but I do remember sometime in the past couple of weeks carwings did a very large download one of my mornings, lasting at least a few minutes - it had never done that before, even when updating stations.

Regardless, I am taking my leaf in today after work so if this mythical update happend over carwings or not, I will never know...

Well something happened to my Carwings yesterday. For the past 6 mo when I logged into https://www.nissanusa.com/owners/login, I always got EXACTLY the same information: 25% charge. Of course, I haven't believed it since after the 2nd day I logged in. Now, yesterday, when I logged in, I see 68% charged and a believable number of estimated miles. Yes, they fixed something, even if it's just the website algorithm. Sure hope the climate control will be fixed.

Reddy.

Well, certain behaviors of the car have certainly changed over the last several months, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were delivering over-the-air updates. Maybe that explains the three times that I've received a notification chime of a "Carwings Information Feed" with just silence attached (see http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7535" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). This last and fourth time, a synthesized message notifying me of the recall was attached. Maybe the previous three times, it was downloading small updates.

johnr said:
Well, certain behaviors of the car have certainly changed over the last several months, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were delivering over-the-air updates. Maybe that explains the three times that I've received a notification chime of a "Carwings Information Feed" with just silence attached (see http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7535" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). This last and fourth time, a synthesized message notifying me of the recall was attached. Maybe the previous three times, it was downloading small updates.
I have never noticed any of that going on!

Back