411 on volontary recall P1273 LEAF VCM LBC TCU NTB12-014

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TNleaf said:
I got a very similar email, except nothing about the lower-apron bracket. I'm in TN, so maybe it doesn't apply, but where are you located?

I'm in Seattle and also read no mention of the bracket in the announcement........and we had snow a few weeks ago- lots of it :!: :!:

I just got it too:

pic

-Phil

I got the notice without mention of the apron. It does sound like it is only for early MY2011 Leafs.

It will be very interesting to see what changes in the Owner's Manual.

Ingineer said:
DoxyLover said:
It will be very interesting to see what changes in the Owner's Manual.
Now this I am interested in as well. If anyone gets the new manual, can you see what changed?

-Phil

On a previous car when there was a recall they provided me with an additional few pages that had a sticky part on the side to stick into the manual near the correct pages. Perhaps they'll do something similar.

OK, so who's going to get the VR work done first and report back to the rest of us on wether or not it enhanced the CC in a positive way? If does not allow for heat-less defrost, I'm going to wait until my 1 year before I get the VR work done :!: :)

I too just received the email as posted by Phil with no mention of the bracket, and I am one of the earliest VIN's around. I am figuring all cars below a certain VIN and in cold climates will get the update.

I too am waiting to hear back on the VR update. I am still one of the very few on the original first release of software. I never updated because my A/C was working perfectly, I have had no remote carwings access issues, and I am very much used to how my car calculates range and how much capacity I have. If the climate control is truly fixed to allow total control then I may be tempted to learn the "new" range meter and get the software update.

Then how is it Leaf's in the south, such as Florida, are getting it? Maybe they only have a small amount of them this time, so they are going out randomly. Then on the next update, the rest of us will get it.

Strange!

-Phil

Mine's from August 2011, no mention of the 'apron' clause. Perhaps someone could post the wording for that? I'm curious what that is?

Just to provide another data point, I received the Nissan Leaf Update email today that included the note on the lower-apron bracket. I have a 2012 model SV that I took delivery of in December, and I'm in Texas.

phxsmiley said:
Mine's from August 2011, no mention of the 'apron' clause. Perhaps someone could post the wording for that? I'm curious what that is?

Here's the exact text I got:

Nissan continually improves product performance through ongoing enhancements. Based on the production date of your LEAF vehicle, Nissan would like to offer a complimentary update of the vehicle software, and also install a lower-apron bracket.

Nissan has added an additional driver-convenience alert designed to notify the driver if their door is opened while the vehicle is still in the "ON" or "READY" mode, and the shift selector is not in "P." The software update also includes various enhancements to, among other things, information displays, HVAC operation, and diagnostic systems.

The lower-apron bracket is a feature added for vehicles used in cold weather areas to prevent the possibility of snow and ice entering and accumulating in the motor compartment.

Not sure if the SF Bay Area qualifies as a "cold weather area", but maybe I already forgot how cold it was in Germany back then...

Ingineer said:
Then how is it Leaf's in the south, such as Florida, are getting it? Maybe they only have a small amount of them this time, so they are going out randomly. Then on the next update, the rest of us will get it.

Strange!

-Phil
The location has nothing to do with it. I received the email with the lower-apron bracket and I live in South Florida with a 2012 SL delivered on 11/30/11.

I wonder if older models already have it and it was missed on a particular range of VINs.

Nissan continually improves product performance through ongoing enhancements. Based on the production date of your LEAF vehicle, Nissan would like to offer a complimentary update of the vehicle software. Nissan has added an additional driver-convenience alert designed to notify the driver if their door is opened while the vehicle is still in the "ON" or "READY" mode, and the shift selector is not in "P."

In addition, Nissan has improved both the accuracy of the charging-time estimate on the meter display and the distance-to-empty estimate when using a smartphone or other Internet device through CARWINGS™. The software update also includes various enhancements to, among other things, CARWINGS connectivity, information displays, HVAC operation, and diagnostic systems.

Nice!! i am not getting the bracket and since no one here knows what it is, i am guessing no one has missed it up to this point. now considering the weather patterns here can i guess i already have it??

one thing i do notice is this is not a form letter. we all got a letter that actually addresses our car. i like that.

**note** my Leaf was on the first boat over. no bracket here either. so its a mix. anyone figure out the pattern yet.

Going in tomorrow morning for programming - they said they have to order the bracket and won't be in for like 10 days.

Back