411 on volontary recall P1273 LEAF VCM LBC TCU NTB12-014

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe this is a different chime than that mentioned in the update bulletin since mine is a very early car, has not had the update, and produces the same chime that you describe...

NYLEAF said:
Yes, it chimes when I open the door with the car running -- does not matter if the car is in P, D, or R, it makes the same chime if I open the door with the car in READY mode. It's a fast "double-chime", if that makes any sense.

Pipcecil said:
so odd that I have yet to receive any email or notification that this update is available. Could this may have been since I got an orphan leaf instead of ordering one? If so then Nissan is going to leave a few leaf people in the dark. I know a good handful that purchased orphaned leafs.
I have an orphan, and I got the notice. It seems they are slowly sending these out, so be patient.

-Phil

Pipcecil said:
so odd that I have yet to receive any email or notification that this update is available. Could this may have been since I got an orphan leaf instead of ordering one? If so then Nissan is going to leave a few leaf people in the dark. I know a good handful that purchased orphaned leafs.
Mine is an orphan out of AZ and I got the email. Still listed the AZ dealer as my recommended dealer. Haven't had to take it in for any service, so I assume that the recommended dealer will change when I take it to my local dealer.

Reminder to anyone getting this done soon, we are all itching to see what has changed in the owner's manual! If they are giving you a few stick-on pages, it'll be easy to spot the changes, otherwise it may require some in-depth comparisons. I wonder if the online version has the update?

-Phil

I downloaded it this morning, did an Acrobat compare between the two documents, and noted nothing that would seem to pertain to the update.
Ingineer said:
Reminder to anyone getting this done soon, we are all itching to see what has changed in the owner's manual! If they are giving you a few stick-on pages, it'll be easy to spot the changes, otherwise it may require some in-depth comparisons. I wonder if the online version has the update?

TomT said:
I downloaded it this morning, did an Acrobat compare between the two documents, and noted nothing that would seem to pertain to the update.
Thanks Tom! I would be surprised if they update it for a long time.

-Phil

Just got the software update from Bill Seidle Nissan. I did not bother with the Lower Apron fix.

The only upgrade was to my TCU software. It was updated from 3NA0000626 to 3NA0000627

Here is the complete list of my Current Version:
Boot Ware (NK1):157
Application (NK2):157
Audio Unit Software:067
CAN uCOM Software:018
Front Display Software:030
BOLERO Software:00.05
Bluetooth Firmware:C237
Voice Recognition Engine:925-125-000
Voice Synthesis Engine:5.0.0.3-PS-P2
Voice Recognition Grammar Version:00001090
Voice Synthesis Data Version:00003000
Record Data Version:00001032
Part Number:3NA0E
XM Satellite Radio Software:012
Switch Software:030000
TCU Software:3NA0000627 (this was the only upgrade)
Map Version:10/08/12/01

In order to obtain your releases data:

Power on the vehicle
Power off the audio
Press the MAP button 3x
Press the Audio Power button 2x
Press the MAP button 1x
Select Confirmation/Adjustment
Select Version/Information

Also I forgot to ask about the revision to the user manual. The total Driving Distance and Elapsed Time were reset. I also had to reset the dashboard clock. All the other settings are untouched.
There is a dinging sound when the door is open that I think is new.

spike09 said:
Just got the software update from Bill Seidle Nissan. I did not bother with the Lower Apron fix.

The only upgrade was to my TCU software. It was updated from 3NA0000626 to 3NA0000627

<snip>

Also I forgot to ask about the revision to the user manual. The total Driving Distance and Elapsed Time were reset. I also had to reset the dashboard clock. All the other settings are untouched.
There is a dinging sound when the door is open that I think is new.
The list you referred to is only pertaining to the MFD (Head) unit, and not to other systems in the Leaf. For instance, the door chime function was obviously changed, and this is not shown in your list, neither is the HVAC, EV ECU, Batt ECU, etc.

-Phil

I got the firmware update today. I wanted to test the new "Door Open, not in Park alarm". When I did this, it beeped as expected, and the screen displayed a "P" with a down arrow and the text "Shift to Prange".

Prange? Looks like there is a bug, something lost in translation or an End-of-Line marker is missing. I'll post a photo.

Also, my 80% charge timer was erased in the process. All my other settings ASAIK were unchanged.

patrick0101 said:
I got the firmware update today. I wanted to test the new "Door Open, not in Park alarm". When I did this, it beeped as expected, and the screen displayed a "P" with a down arrow and the text "Shift to Prange".

Prange? Looks like there is a bug, something lost in translation or an End-of-Line marker is missing. I'll post a photo.

Also, my 80% charge timer was erased in the process. All my other settings ASAIK were unchanged.
"P-range" is Nissan's way of saying "Park". That's how's it's worded everywhere in their service documentation.

Did you get the owner's manual update?

-Phil

Ingineer said:
Did you get the owner's manual update?
No I forgot to ask for one. I will call them now.

Here is the image as promised:
430928_3216988754748_1567249303_2933895_183093930_n.jpg

So there was something lot in translation, it was from Nissan jargon to human, rather than Japanese to English.

New owner's manual is on order, no ETA, "at least a week".

PS, Phil I was #6 to like your facebook page. I have ~1400 EV social media followers/likers. I'll repost some of your cool stuff. Thanks for all you do for the EV community.

Here's the actual TSB page:

pic

Note this:
it is highly recommended that the dealership LEAF certified service technician performs the reprogramming service at a time and location that is most convenient to the customer. This may entail a mobile visit to the consumer’s home or place of business. Nissan dealers should treat this campaign as an opportunity to deliver an exemplary customer service experience. Nissan will reimburse the dealer for providing this level of support using claims information at the end of this bulletin.

It later indicates that Nissan will reimburse the dealer $100 for the mobile service.

-Phil

For those of you that haven't 'received' your bulletin, try checking your SPAM folder. That's where I found mine because Nissan's email addy is different.

Back