2015 Lease Deals?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wanting to lease a Leaf by Christmas in Atlanta area.

Stopped at Regal Nissan in Roswell this morning.

This is their Christmas Offer (they say it includes all taxes):
2015 Leaf S with QCharger:

MSRP: $31810
12k/y
$399 down payment (includes first month)
24mo @ $269 (321 for non VPP)
36mo @ $239 (291 for non VPP)

2015 Leav SV
MSRP: $33130
12k/y
$399 down payment (includes first month)
24mo @ $295 (347 for non VPP)
36mo @ $272 (324 for non VPP)

There is a fee of $395 at the end of the lease if you don't buy or lease a new vehicle from them at that point. (I guess everywhere is like that, never leased a car).
I can't get VPP.

They said that they have the best price in Atlanta (will check that today with at least one more dealer).

This offer expires in 2 days. Is it a good offer?

I have done all the math and this would be the total cost per month (includes the initial deposit and the return fee at the end of the lease):

S with QC:
24mo: $354/mo
36mo: $313/mo

SV:
24mo: $380/mo
36mo: $346/mo

Looks like I can get a SV for 36mo cheaper/mo than a S(QC) for 24mo.

What are the benefits of getting a 24mo lease vs a 36 mo lease?

Planning to buy today or tomorrow. Would appreciate this forum's help to avoid making a mistake on my first leased vehicle.

Thank you!

You can do better than that. I am paying $305 pm for a 2015 SV with mud flaps and floor mats for 36 mth/15K miles/yr. I paid only $200 doc fee at signing plus first month payment. I was not eligible for VPP either. This was in October and I am in Rhode Island. Another dealer was quoting me $315 but I went with the lower price.

He is quoting you $324 for the same vehicle and that is with only 12K miles included. Shop around. Send emails to a few dealers with a desired realistic price. Never put money down on a lease (ie always lease zero down). Best of luck!

Secerator said:
Planning to buy today or tomorrow. Would appreciate this forum's help to avoid making a mistake on my first leased vehicle.
Make sure you are getting what you want on the SV.
The S bundles 6.0 kW on board charger with DCQC in a single option.
6.0 kW onboard charger is standard on SV. DCQC Is bundled with LED lights in a single option.
I think SV with LED lights / DCQC is a better choice because it includes heat pump heater as standard.
In Atlanta that makes a big difference on winter range.

mdxc90 said:
You can do better than that. I am paying $305 pm for a 2015 SV with mud flaps and floor mats for 36 mth/15K miles/yr. I paid only $200 doc fee at signing plus first month payment. I was not eligible for VPP either. This was in October and I am in Rhode Island. Another dealer was quoting me $315 but I went with the lower price.

He is quoting you $324 for the same vehicle and that is with only 12K miles included. Shop around. Send emails to a few dealers with a desired realistic price. Never put money down on a lease (ie always lease zero down). Best of luck!

We have to pay around 6% of the vehicle MSRP in GA in taxes and that gets rolled into the lease, so it's close to $2k on an SV.

I just leased an SV (no QC) with VPP from Stone Mountain Nissan for $289/mo and $440 at signing.

TimLee said:
Make sure you are getting what you want on the SV.
The S bundles 6.0 kW on board charger with DCQC in a single option.
6.0 kW onboard charger is standard on SV. DCQC Is bundled with LED lights in a single option.
I think SV with LED lights / DCQC is a better choice because it includes heat pump heater as standard.
In Atlanta that makes a big difference on winter range.

Thanks, this is good to know. For some reason I was thinking that the QC option on S is standard on SV.
I was thinking that the 6.6kw is the same as DCQC.

I think I decided to go with SV, but looks like I need the led+DCQC package as well.

I', only in a hurry to get any deals that are available for Christmas, would it make it a difference if I'd lease it at the beginning of Jan?

Secerator said:
Thanks, this is good to know. For some reason I was thinking that the QC option on S is standard on SV.
I was thinking that the 6.6kw is the same as DCQC.

I think I decided to go with SV, but looks like I need the led+DCQC package as well.

I', only in a hurry to get any deals that are available for Christmas, would it make it a difference if I'd lease it at the beginning of Jan?
Glad I could help. I thought you were treating them the same.
Nissan created a lot of this confusion by lumping the faster 6.0 kW into the battery on board charger with the DCQC capability in a single option package.
I personally have found DCQC very helpful on a local basis.

Deals might be better last few days of month if they are behind on monthly vehicle target.
Hitting that number is difference between profit and loss for the month.
They sometimes take a big individual vehicle loss to hit the target.
Was detailed in This American Life story.

Secerator said:

The state will certainly change the $5k rebate they offer now. I don't know when they go back in session, how quickly they'll push changes through, or if they'll make the changes retroactive to Jan 1. Either way I didn't want to take any chances and got it done. Plus you'll see the tax benefits in a couple months instead of over a year later.

Just got my SV last week. I am not sure if forum's rule allow me to name the dealership/sale person? PM if you want more detail.

Here are some of the offers they gave me:

S with QC package
$314/month for 24 months, 12k miles/year for non VPP. ($249 with VPP)
all tax/fee included, no down payment, $395 disposition fee at the end.

SV with no option, same term as above: $334/month. ($269 with VPP)

Add $15/month if you want 15k miles/year.

tvbi said:
Just got my SV last week. I am not sure if forum's rule allow me to name the dealership/sale person? PM if you want more detail.

Here are some of the offers they gave me:

S with QC package
$314/month for 24 months, 12k miles/year for non VPP. ($249 with VPP)
all tax/fee included, no down payment, $395 disposition fee at the end.

SV with no option, same term as above: $334/month. ($269 with VPP)

Add $15/month if you want 15k miles/year.

If you are in Atlanta, please give me the details.

Just came from Town Center Nissan in Kennesaw.

They gave me this:

S + QC Non VPP, 12k m/y:
$321/mo for 24 mo
$279/mo for 36 months

0 down, but you have to pay $81 in addition to the first payment.

Also he was insisting that the new 2015 S has the same heater as the SV. I read differently on this forum that S has a NOT so efficient heater, when SV and SL have a hybrid heater for the cold months which is not a power hog.

Also someone mentioned that S have no B mode, but the one I test drove had exact same B mode as the SV in their parking lot.

The only difference I saw was an additional button on the power steering something related to the phone, but the salesman explained that the button is there because of the nav and the S has the same phone, voice and volume controls on the power steering.

Please help me understand if there are any other differences between S with QC and SV with QC (beside led lights).
I know about the nav, auto dimming mirror, bluetooth audio from phone, wheels.

Mainly want to know about that heater.

Thanks.

Secerator said:
Also he was insisting that the new 2015 S has the same heater as the SV. I read differently on this forum that S has a NOT so efficient heater, when SV and SL have a hybrid heater for the cold months which is not a power hog.

Also someone mentioned that S have no B mode, but the one I test drove had exact same B mode as the SV in their parking lot.

The only difference I saw was an additional button on the power steering something related to the phone, but the salesman explained that the button is there because of the nav and the S has the same phone, voice and volume controls on the power steering.

Please help me understand if there are any other differences between S with QC and SV with QC (beside led lights).
I know about the nav, auto dimming mirror, bluetooth audio from phone, wheels.

Re: the 1st statement on the hybrid heater and S trim, I'm pretty sure the salesman is wrong. I'm quite sure it's only on '13+ SV and SL, even for '15. Search http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/presskits/us-2015-nissan-leaf-press-kit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for hybrid. I've looked under the hood of as '13 S and noted the reversing valve (pic at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=257416#p257416" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) that's on my '13 SV is missing, as expected.

Re: B mode on S, yes, that got added on '15 S trim, whereas it was only available before on '13-14 SV and SL. See http://www.autoblog.com/2014/07/10/2015-nissan-leaf-gets-b-mode-standard-new-morningsky-blue-color/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and search http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/presskits/us-2015-nissan-leaf-press-kit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for mode. Specs of the URL I just posted twice may help as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if the S is missing the steering wheel button in the upper left of http://www.roperld.com/science/graphics/LEAF2013Wheel.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (random pic I found via Google hosted on http://www.roperld.com/science/NISSANLeaf.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). That's the button the brings up the nav map and draws the range circles, which is basically worthless. Since the S has no nav, I'd imagine the button's not there.

Secerator said:

Thanks.
The Model S has a resistance heater, which is not as efficient as the "heat pump" heater in the SV and SL. However, it does work well, and the AC in the S is more efficient than the "heat pump" AC in the SV and SL (and gets plenty cold), so it's pretty much a wash. I like the S systems better for my purposes.

The 2015 S models added the B mode for more regenerative braking and also standard cruise control. I believe both of those used to be only on the SV and SL models.

SV has carwings, which is not available on the S.

Worth it to heat/cool the car before leaving someplace.

Sublime said:

Another thing the salesman pushed really hard and said that he knows it for sure that the carwings will be stopped soon by nissan as it is not working well for them. He said that one day it will just disappear.

Is there an easy way to check for sure if the 2015 S is coming with the same heater as SV or not?

Secerator said:
Sublime said:

Another thing the salesman pushed really hard and said that he knows it for sure that the carwings will be stopped soon by nissan as it is not working well for them. He said that one day it will just disappear.

Is there an easy way to check for sure if the 2015 S is coming with the same heater as SV or not?
Some salespeople will say anything to get a sale, whether or not it's right.

Re: Carwings, there is this issue: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18616" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. This is the first I've heard the claim "it is not working well for them". Without Carwings, there's no way to use the Nissan app to remotely check charge status or receive notifications that charging has stopped (e.g. someone interrupted it)/completed or receive reminders to plug in. Nor can you remotely preheat/pre-cool or set the timer remotely.

See my earlier posts on the lack of hybrid heater on the S trim, along w/pic of the reversing valve I linked to. You can then look under the hood of a '13+ SV or SL and compare to a '15 S. It's on the passenger side and I recall it has a Denso label on it.

The S is an inferior car. It's a pain to set the timers on the S since you have to do it via the 2 buttons to the left of the steering wheel instead of the touch screen. IIRC, its charging timer is more limited. The stereo is a 4-speaker stereo instead of a 6 and you can't get the better Bose stereo or other features (e.g. Around View Monitor (very cool), LED headlights, etc.)

Try turning on the heat on an S that's been sitting all day outside and seeing how long it takes to get heat. Then, compare to an SV/SL. For me, by the time I back out to my driveway w/my SV, I have heat.

The crap water-block resistive heater on the '11 and '12 I hear takes minutes to heat. http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=403723#p403723" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; claims the '13+ S heater is the same.

Thanks for the details.

If I do the math right, it makes more sense to lease it for 2 years instead of 3.
I'm in GA, and you get $5000 back in taxes if you get the car for two or 3 years.
$5000 for 2 years is better than for 3 years. With the 5000 back, it makes the 2y monthly cost lower than 3 years.
If there were no $5000, it would be cheaper monthly if you get it for 3y.

Am I right, do you get $5000 regardless if you get it for 2 or 3 years?

I guess if it only for 2 years, then I could leave with a S with QC. The headed seats and steering wheel worked ok on my today's test drive.

My drive will be 42 miles round trip in traffic.

Expect to have to reduce the heat when the temperature is below freezing if you get the S. I had a 43 mile commute before I retired, and even with the heatpump I got low on charge in really cold weather. I doubt Atlanta gets subzero windy weather, but you do get temps in the twenties, I believe?

Looking to lease a 2015 Leaf S + Quick Charge.

Sunnyvale Nissan offer:

$179/mo ($193 after taxes)
$2000 down ($3600 after taxes, fees)
12,000 miles
$0.15 per extra mile

* Does anyone know of a better local deal?

Thank you

Back