2015 Lease Deals?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ConsideringALeaf said:
I can purchase the vehicle outright for $20,465 at 0% for 5 years. Is that a reasonable deal?

Yes. Verify the manufacturing date (sticker on the driver's door jamb), if the vehicle sat on a lot for a year there can be significant battery degradation.

Valdemar said:
ConsideringALeaf said:
I can purchase the vehicle outright for $20,465 at 0% for 5 years. Is that a reasonable deal?

Yes. Verify the manufacturing date (sticker on the driver's door jamb), if the vehicle sat on a lot for a year there can be significant battery degradation.

Thanks for the response. Can you give me an idea of how good of a deal this is? Just curious if I should jump on it or not. I will check the date. Would it be worth trying to look at it with Leaf Spy?

Thanks!

ConsideringALeaf said:
Valdemar said:
ConsideringALeaf said:

Thanks for the response. Can you give me an idea of how good of a deal this is? Just curious if I should jump on it or not. I will check the date. Would it be worth trying to look at it with Leaf Spy?

Thanks!

What's the MSRP for the car and all the options? Sounds like you're getting it with a $10k discount or so which is pretty good, make sure you can fully get the $7500 fed tax credit, if not lease may be a better option.

Valdemar said:
ConsideringALeaf said:
Valdemar said:

Thanks!

What's the MSRP for the car and all the options? Sounds like you're getting it with a $10k discount or so which is pretty good, make sure you can fully get the $7500 fed tax credit, if not lease may be a better option.

The retail price according to the website is $32,000. I will check on the federal credit. The real (unanswerable) question to me is what will this car be worth in 2 years. In other words would it make more sense to lease or buy and get the tax credit.

If you know you're 100% keeping the car only for 2 years then the decision is simple - lease and don't think twice. Otherwise if you want to keep the car longer and can get the full tax credit, then 13000 for a car that should last in your climate, and allow you to not buy gas, no oil changes and low maintenance otherwise, is a pretty good deal IMO. Not sure what range in winter you need, the S model has an inefficient heater which in colder temperatures together with the reduced battery performance will have a drastic effect on the driving range when it is cold.

It isn't guaranteed that I would upgrade in 2 years, but certainly likely. Thanks for your advice! This is the first I've heard about a different heater in the S, I will have to research that. My drive is about 25 miles each way, but I do have an L2 charger at work if necessary.

ConsideringALeaf said:
It isn't guaranteed that I would upgrade in 2 years, but certainly likely. Thanks for your advice! This is the first I've heard about a different heater in the S, I will have to research that. My drive is about 25 miles each way, but I do have an L2 charger at work if necessary.

If you get a lot of days on which you run the heat even if it's only "chilly" outside, look for a Base SV. Not much more expensive than the S but it has the heatpump and the Base is easier to negotiate price on, because it sells less well than the optioned SV.. The S is really best suited for warmer climates (except of course for the battery pack!) If you can find a 2016 Base SV at a good price, you also get 25% more range.

ConsideringALeaf said:
I'm located in Indiana. No particular reason for the 2 year lease, that is just what they offered. I thought it was a fairly good time frame given the changes in EV's I expect to be available then. I do not know the numbers for a 3 year lease.

if this range works for you then yes. Expect the range to drop significantly in 4-5 years. I would do a 2-3 year lease depending on numbers and go for a Gen 2 unless your commute is 10-20 miles per day.

Back