2015 Lease Deals?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andolyn said:
Nice Im trying to get a deal like that in the southern California area. Not much luck with the dealers locally.

Too much demand on the West Coast. People here are more oblivious or anxious. I would go Labor Day weekend. August 31 should be a good day.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
2015 SV w/QC, floor & cargo mats, cargo net, splash guards, hologram kick plates, 12k/yr

MSRP $35,005
Invoice $33,322 per TrueCar.com
Agreed upon value of vehicle: $31,545.49

I qualify for VPP, but they went below that.

Gross Cap Cost $32,545, includes 170 RMV, 595 Acq, 399 Doc
Cap Cost Reduction: 11,455.32 includes 7500 fed, 1000 LEAF loyalty, 200 one to one
Residual value: $14,352.05 (45.5% of price paid, 41% of MSRP)

Paid at signing: $2,699, includes all taxes and fees, 1st month payment
Base payment: $188.23
Payment with tax: $199.99, 35 more months

I'll get 2500 back in state rebate, so total net cost is $7,198.65

Hi,
Is this with Premium package?

just saw labor day weekend deal on nissan's website.

2015 S model - $2399 initial payment, $199 for 36 months
2015 SV model - $2399 initial payment, $249 for 36 months
2015 SL model - $2399 initial payment, $302 for 36 months

Is this good deal?

Does anyone know what's the money factor and residual value for Leaf's lease program...for this month?

scsc168 ? which state do you live in, if u live in northern california bay area ,please provide the dealer's name.

FYI, from what I understand, S and SV models without quick charge are very difficult to find. And with the QC package, will cost roughly $50 more (monthly) than what is shown. I'm guessing that this is a generic/nationwide special, and though "not bad", suspect that isolated markets and dealers might be able to do better. Especially if you are re-leasing, and therefore eligible for some kind of loyalty credit.

scsc168 said:
DNAinaGoodWay said:
2015 SV w/QC, floor & cargo mats, cargo net, splash guards, hologram kick plates, 12k/yr

MSRP $35,005

Cap Cost Reduction: 11,455.32 includes 7500 fed, 1000 LEAF loyalty, 200 one to one

Hi,

Nope, only what I listed.

I just took ownership of a 2015 SL w/ Premium yesterday with a 24month lease. Pretty sure the dealership lost money on it. Taxes for Ohio were about $1300 normally due up front but I had them roll it into the lease price along with Tags, Title and other fees. I only put down the first months payment so that I have 23 left. They were supposed to sell me a 2014 model at this price but sold the one I wanted so they offered a 2015 instead. I had no previous Nissan vehicle nor did I qualify for VPP. No state rebate for me in Ohio :( . This was from a dealership in TN and they shipped the car on a flatbed trailer to my house for free.

MSRP: 37,910
Monthly Rate: $368 (approximately $54 of that is Ohio sales tax)
Paid at signing: $368
Total net cost: $8832

mbender said:
And with the QC package, will cost roughly $50 more (monthly) than what is shown.
My recent shopping research and quotes indicated a $25-$30 monthly increase for the QC option on the S and SV models on a 36 month lease. Remember, you're only paying the depreciation, not the full cost.

samba said:
scsc168 ? which state do you live in, if u live in northern california bay area ,please provide the dealer's name.

I am in So. Cal. I believe the lease deal that I posted is national for the labor day weekend.

zelig2 said:
I just took ownership of a 2015 SL w/ Premium yesterday with a 24month lease. Pretty sure the dealership lost money on it. Taxes for Ohio were about $1300 normally due up front but I had them roll it into the lease price along with Tags, Title and other fees. I only put down the first months payment so that I have 23 left. They were supposed to sell me a 2014 model at this price but sold the one I wanted so they offered a 2015 instead. I had no previous Nissan vehicle nor did I qualify for VPP. No state rebate for me in Ohio :( . This was from a dealership in TN and they shipped the car on a flatbed trailer to my house for free.

MSRP: 37,910
Monthly Rate: $368 (approximately $54 of that is Ohio sales tax)
Paid at signing: $368
Total net cost: $8832

congrats! this is a great deal. With the VPP discount, i could only get $375 (including CA tax) for SV w/ Premium. Still searching for something better.

DNAinaGoodWay said:

What is "Agreed upon value of vehicle: $31,545.49".
- Is it agreed by you and the dealer ?
- How did you/they come up with this number ?

Is it possible to get "Gross Cap Cost", "Cap Cost Reduction", "Residual value" over phone/email
without actually going to the dealer ? I am asking since, the salesman I have called are
very hesitant to give this info over email/phone (esp, residual value). Any advice ?

RLeaf12 said:
DNAinaGoodWay said:

What is "Agreed upon value of vehicle: $31,545.49".
- Is it agreed by you and the dealer ?
- How did you/they come up with this number ?

Is it possible to get "Gross Cap Cost", "Cap Cost Reduction", "Residual value" over phone/email
without actually going to the dealer ? I am asking since, the salesman I have called are
very hesitant to give this info over email/phone (esp, residual value). Any advice ?

Agreed upon value is the actual selling price. No idea how they arrived at it. When I email for quotes, I list what I'm putting down in cash and other incentives like loyalty and one to one and ask for a monthly payment amount, then go with the lowest bidder. Watch out for dealers wanting to pad fees on at the end, pumping up the drive off amount.

I don't know where you are, but the only dealer around here that would give me the details by email was Marlboro. I don't use the phone. With most dealers, it's like pulling teeth to get a price out of them. But I leased in Lancaster, they had the better deal, even though I had to go there to get the numbers.

Glad I only do this every few years. It's such a drag. Can't wait until there's an affordable Tesla.

scsc168 said:
DNAinaGoodWay said:

MSRP $35,005

Hi,

hey this a great deal. im shopping your deal here in social

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Agreed upon value is the actual selling price. No idea how they arrived at it. When I email for quotes, I list what I'm putting down in cash and other incentives like loyalty and one to one and ask for a monthly payment amount, then go with the lowest bidder. Watch out for dealers wanting to pad fees on at the end, pumping up the drive off amount.

I don't know where you are, but the only dealer around here that would give me the details by email was Marlboro. I don't use the phone. With most dealers, it's like pulling teeth to get a price out of them. But I leased in Lancaster, they had the better deal, even though I had to go there to get the numbers.

Glad I only do this every few years. It's such a drag. Can't wait until there's an affordable Tesla.

Thank you ! I am in NorCal. Not a lot of dealers are willing to break down the cost on phone/email.
Planning to visit a few this weekend in person.

You are absolutely right about dealers claiming to give a low monthly payment but at the end add a lot of fees such as
Tax on rebate + 1st payment +down payment; acquisition fee, dmv fee, doc fee, finance fee as "Drive-Off" fees.
IMO, That's not right.

As mentioned in your post, Gross Cap Cost should include the acquisition fee, dmv fee, doc fee.
Anything else I am missing here ?

By chance do you have the Money Factor ? I am curious to know how did they come up with $188.23 as monthly payment.
Again, thanks for your valuable input. Appreciate it.

Dear all,
I'm new in this adventure of electrical car, I live in GA and my employer offer EV charger so I scheduled a test drive at regal Nissan in Roswell on Monday.

My employer is on the vpp list so I should get the 1000$ rebate.
Other than that as I never leased before what should I pay attention or questions to ask about the lease?
What is the current best deal in the Atlanta area?
Thanks for your help and hopefully I will be soon a leaf driver

Just grabbed a 36m/15k lease on a 2015 SL in NJ. 343/month $1400 down. It has the bose sound system and all-around view. pretty stoked.

RLeaf12 said:
By chance do you have the Money Factor ? I am curious to know how did they come up with $188.23 as monthly payment.
Again, thanks for your valuable input. Appreciate it.

My MF was .00003, but it depends on your credit score.

If you can spend all day going to dealers, today is a good day. You may have to go all the way to the end at each, sitting in front of the finance guy, to find out what the real deal is and compare apples to apples. Some dealers will try to keep you hanging around all day to prevent dealer hopping. You have the right to take the unsigned lease agreement presented to you and walk out. Do it calmly, smiling, and see if the negotiations really begin.

In my case, they made me the offer by email, and after explicitly asking what was included and what was not they confirmed the offer I listed. (Now, if you google it, you'll find that courts have begun to uphold some email exchanges as binding, depending on the wording, without needing a signed agreement, but who wants to go to court to finish a deal?) I'm not sure if I could replicate my own deal, as when I went in to leave a deposit, a newbie salesman happily filled in and signed a Purchase agreement listing the offer terms and I was able to use that to hold them to the deal, even when the finance guy tried to pad on fees at the end.

It's an ordeal. They still made money, just less than they wanted. I don't blame them, it's just how the dealership system works. If you're willing to spend days doing it, and can say no while smiling, you might even enjoy it. (Not really) stressing out the customer is only another sales strategy. They want you to sign, even if it's only to get it to end.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
I was able to use that to hold them to the deal, even when the finance guy tried to pad on fees at the end.

Thank you ! I am on my way to visit the dealers now.

Back