2014 August Plugin Sales Discussion : Leaf 3186 ,Total 11803

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaveinOlyWA said:
surfingslovak said:
Why would the number be questionable?

I dont think he means questionable as inflated. just a poor choice of words. I think he means that the number is not sustainable. that its the result of built up demand.
Ditto.
DaveinOlyWA said:
TomT said:
I wonder how much the i3 sales are going to drop once the fan-boy base is fulfilled?

i am guessing 250-400 a month
Yeah, probably.

But, I also wonder how many i3 "sales" are due to replacements for those being bought back by BMW (e.g. lemon law). It sure seems like early build US i3's, esp. REx versions are problematic. As I think others have stated here, the '11 and '12 Leafs seem like they're of outstanding reliability compared to the i3. Even the derided '13+ Smryna Leafs seem to be holding up much better than the i3.

Since I'm not a BMW fan, if I had an i3 and had the types and amount of trouble that I've seen reported on the BMW i3 Facebook group, I'd probably be really angry. I'm used to generally decent to very good Japanese car reliability. My parents and I weren't thrilled w/the reliability of our GM cars from the late 70s and 80s, but even those were more reliable than the i3.

cwerdna said:
Yeah, probably.

But, I also wonder how many i3 "sales" are due to replacements for those being bought back by BMW (e.g. lemon law). It sure seems like early build US i3's, esp. REx versions are problematic. As I think others have stated here, the '11 and '12 Leafs seem like they're of outstanding reliability compared to the i3. Even the derided '13+ Smryna Leafs seem to be holding up much better than the i3.

Since I'm not a BMW fan, if I had an i3 and had the types and amount of trouble that I've seen reported on the BMW i3 Facebook group, I'd probably be really angry. I'm used to generally decent to very good Japanese car reliability. My parents and I weren't thrilled w/the reliability of our GM cars from the late 70s and 80s, but even those were more reliable than the i3.
I would say that there have been less that 10 i3s actually replaced. Just like when the '13 Leaf came out if you read anything on this board it would seem that every single '13 was destine to fail and be in the shop for weeks.

Back