2013 LEAF Pricing and Features-S:28,800 SV:31,820 SL:34,840

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EdmondLeaf said:
There is a obligatory battery test every 12 mo, not sure what Nissan will do if battery test are not done, details of battery warranty still unknown
i believe they would have to prove that NOT having it done caused the problem before they could get away with not covering you.

Hawk0630 said:
This is Jeff from Nissan.
... and 7-speaker Bose® energy efficient audio system
Sounds like Nissan liked the efficiency of the bose system as well as GM did.
Volt Sound System - 30% smaller, 40% lighter and uses 50% less energy
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=140729#p140729" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cwerdna said:
Herm said:
That used to be very common years ago.. people need to keep in mind that an electric is equivalent to gas being $1 a gallon again, its a big advantage.
Not if you live in areas of pricey electricity and are comparing to an efficient car..........snip...........
Yes - EVEN in pricey electricity areas ... when you install PV solar ;) by zero'ing out our usage/bill, and the fact our panels will have paid for their selves within another 18months, the cost for fuel per mile is $0. Plus ... many companies are starting to allow "at-work" charging. Even on 120v that gets me about 50 miles per day - which is more than the 2-way (39 mile) commute. I'm like'n it.

scottf200 said:
Sounds like Nissan liked the efficiency of the bose system as well as GM did.
If you are going to put out cr*ppy sound, you can be as efficient as you want to be ;)

PS : My last car was Nissan Maxima - and I didn't get the sport trim because of Bose.

hill said:
Yes - EVEN in pricey electricity areas ... when you install PV solar ;) by zero'ing out our usage/bill, and the fact our panels will have paid for their selves within another 18months, the cost for fuel per mile is $0.

Zero'ing your electric bill will extend the payoff on your PV panels by a good long time. The cost of fuel would only be free after the PV panels are amortized. The total time to amortize panels if you zero the bill is going to be much higher than 18 months. How long ago did you buy your PV ?

Plus ... many companies are starting to allow "at-work" charging. Even on 120v that gets me about 50 miles per day - which is more than the 2-way (39 mile) commute. I'm like'n it.

How many hours do you stay at work ? The L1 charger only charges at about 1 kWh. So you would only get about 8 kWh into the battery. To get 50 miles out of that, your average efficiency would have to be 6.25 miles/kWh . On the range chart that means you are driving 35 mph or less.

Well if your commute is 50 miles a day you only need to charge 25 miles worth of go-juice at the office. That's feasible on 120 volt.

madbrain said:
Zero'ing your electric bill will extend the payoff on your PV panels by a good long time. The cost of fuel would only be free after the PV panels are amortized. The total time to amortize panels if you zero the bill is going to be much higher than 18 months.
..............snip............
How many hours do you stay at work ? The L1 charger only charges at about 1 kWh. So you would only get about 8 kWh into the battery. To get 50 miles out of that, your average efficiency would have to be 6.25 miles/kWh . On the range chart that means you are driving 35 mph or le ss.
Hugh?
The mod'ed L1evse pulls about 12 amps. That's 1.44kW's - so even @ 14% charging loss you're getting over 11kWh's charging during a 9hr work day.

And I'm guessing my 18 months comment confused you. I didn't say it takes 18 months to pay off - rather our payoff will BE in about 18 months. We've had our panels for about half a decade. So no need to presume the worst, or think I'm trying to sell a quicker than factual payback.
Again - just another guess here regarding your thinking payback being slower @ a zero bill. I think you are saying it's best to only knock out the highest tier maybe 70 cents per kWh? That's like saying it's better for SUV's getting 9mpg to improve efficiency by 10% instead of improving a 50mpg Prius by 10% because the
10% savings on the land barge will yield more gallons saved.

hill said:
...The mod'ed L1evse pulls about 12 amps. That's 1.44kW's - so even @ 14% charging loss you're getting over 11kWh's charging during a 9hr work day...
L1 charging is about 75% efficient. So 1.44 kW x .75 = 1.08. That would be about 9.7 kWh for nine hours.

dgpcolorado said:
L1 charging is about 75% efficient. So 1.44 kW x .75 = 1.08. That would be about 9.7 kWh for nine hours.
oy vey - talk about thread hyjacking :D even presuming THAT lower number (having a life time average of 5 miles/kWh at the wall for the last 24k miles) the mileage yield is what ... 48.5ish miles? (sigh) as I recall, I DID say "about 50 miles"

I was just told by a dealer that Costco isn't doing any deals on the 2012 or 2013 Leafs (right now at least). Anyone heard any different? The guy seemed very 'car salesman-y' to me and I wouldn't believe a word he said.

TonyWilliams said:
cwerdna said:
PG&E is just a ripoff. Despite me living like an Eskimo at home... One time I woke up and saw the thermostat reading 49 degrees.

Ya... that's a bit silly, unless you are on your last dollar, starving.

I'll be they sell solar panels up there in your great white north.

no its not. what we fail to realize is that a room temp of 60º OR LESS is common in many places in Europe. I keep mine that low and its not due to cost, its due to reducing my footprint. (if I did keep it higher in Winter, it would only add about $50-70 a month)

we will have ANY detrimental health effect from a temperature that is quite frankly, not that low. What we are conditioned to is what determines our perception of cold and in my area, room temps set in the mid to low 60's is quite common

DaveinOlyWA said:
TonyWilliams said:
cwerdna said:
PG&E is just a ripoff. Despite me living like an Eskimo at home... One time I woke up and saw the thermostat reading 49 degrees.

no its not. what we fail to realize is that a room temp of 60º OR LESS is common in many places in Europe. I keep mine that low and its not due to cost, its due to reducing my footprint. (if I did keep it higher in Winter, it would only add about $50-70 a month)

we will have ANY detrimental health effect from a temperature that is quite frankly, not that low. What we are conditioned to is what determines our perception of cold and in my area, room temps set in the mid to low 60's is quite common
From David Mackay's fantastic book "Sustainable Energy without the Hot Air":

"The thermostat (accompanied by woolly jumpers) is hard to beat, when it
comes to value-for-money technology. You turn it down, and your building
uses less energy. Magic! In Britain, for every degree that you turn the
thermostat down, the heat loss decreases by about 10%. Turning the ther-
mostat down from 20 °C to 15 °C would nearly halve the heat loss. Thanks
to incidental heat gains by the building, the savings in heating power will
be even bigger than these reductions in heat loss.

"Unfortunately, however, this remarkable energy-saving technology has
side-effects. Some humans call turning the thermostat down a lifestyle
change, and are not happy with it. I’ll make some suggestions later about
how to sidestep this lifestyle issue. . . ."

"So, my main tip is cunning thermostat management. What’s a reason-
able thermostat setting to aim for? Nowadays many people seem to think
that 17 °C is unbearably cold. However, the average winter-time tempera-
ture in British houses in 1970 was 13 °C*! A human’s perception of whether
they feel warm depends on what they are doing, and what they’ve been
doing for the last hour or so. My suggestion is, don’t think in terms of a ther-
mostat setting. Rather than fixing the thermostat to a single value, try just
leaving it at a really low value most of the time (say 13 or 15 °C), and turn
it up temporarily whenever you feel cold. It’s like the lights in a library.
If you allow yourself to ask the question “what is the right light level in
the bookshelves?” then you’ll no doubt answer “bright enough to read the
book titles,” and you’ll have bright lights on all the time. But that question
presumes that we have to fix the light level; and we don’t have to. We can
fit light switches that the reader can turn on, and that switch themselves
off again after an appropriate time. Similarly, thermostats don’t need to be
left up at 20 °C all the time."

*13 deg. C is 55.4 deg. F. Those Brits were a hardy bunch, but then what can you expect from a generation that grew up taking cold baths :lol: See

http://www.inference.phy.cam.ac.uk/withouthotair/c21/page_140.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; et. seq. for more.

also something i noticed during our cold snap where our temps averaged more than 10º lower and that the feeling of warmth is MUCH greater while the house is warming up even if the average temp of the house is still low. As soon at the temp stabilizes at the set temp point, the feeling of warmth disappears rather quickly. In the house we just moved into which is much smaller than our previous house, the heater is way oversized so even if temp in house is 53º (real example) it took only 30 minutes for it to hit set point of 62º for the first time. after that, it will cycle on in roughly 5 minute intervals (run 2-3 minutes, off same time) and eventually get to about a 15 minute cycle (run 2-3 minutes, off for the balance)

this essentially increases the time where there is a feeling of cold verses warmth. as for me? I keep heat off when I am home and SO turns it on when she gets home. Its colder here so being conditioned to a colder house is easy for me. I dont bundle up to the extreme. usually just a sweatshirt and a baseball hat. A hat on my head makes a HUGE difference. sometimes i just wear hooded sweatshirt and that works fine as well. now that is for "computer mode" if doing something like laundry, housecleaning, etc. its just a t-shirt for the most part

DaveinOlyWA said:
TonyWilliams said:
cwerdna said:

no its not. what we fail to realize is that a room temp of 60º OR LESS is common in many places in Europe. I keep mine that low and its not due to cost, its due to reducing my footprint.....

I don't know what my footprint would be with solar heating, but I'll just say low. Your 48F to 60F room is certainly your choice, and is fitting with a group of car owners who wear electric heated jackets to circumnavigate using the onboard heater, driving the Prius over the LEAF to save a nickel on energy, and some of the other things that are somewhat common to hear on this forum.

I'm sure it will shock you to learn than I'm not in Europe (anymore), and I don't choose to be cold in my own house. I suspect you'll find the OVERWHELMING majority of folks agree with me in both the USA and Europe, and would choose to have a 70F room over a 48F-60F one.

I spent a good portion of my youth in extremely cold places, and I don't wish to live there anymore, either.

I recommend solar as a way to reduce your carbon footprint.

4800 miles into my car now, still using 120V for everything. Occasionally I wish I had 240 but rarely.

The pricing announced in first post of this thread will obliterate the imiev, not that many people bought it anyway. I dare say the prices announced, sub $20k for this car--if everything turns out as mentioned--to be quite a game changer.

Invoice prices are now available online.

http://autos.aol.com/cars-Nissan-LEAF-2013/pricing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LEAFfan said:
evnow said:
Invoice prices are now available online.

http://autos.aol.com/cars-Nissan-LEAF-2013/pricing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for posting this!

Thanks for the invoice prices ! Now I guess we can haggle over the price based on the invoice? ;)

Back