2013 LEAF Pricing and Features-S:28,800 SV:31,820 SL:34,840

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best graphic I've seen illustrating features of 2013 models (from OrientExpress post):
http://sfbayleafs.org/news/2013/01/2013-nissan-leaf-product-highlights/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The press release mentions that the motor has a 187 ft-lb torque rating, but the 2011-12 has 207 ft-lb! Is this a mistake? They certainly haven't mentioned any changes in the motor except the reduction of the rare earth element, but perhaps this is a result?

Yep. Note it says Bose on it...

evnow said:
At the bottom (where the charger used to be) - something 4" thick can be seen in photos. The subwoofer amp ... ?

2013LEAF_035-300x200.jpg

I'd be more pleased if there was also a REAL battery capacity warranty, a definitive solution to the battery degradation issue, and more than a cursory range increase...

OrientExpress said:
So we said you would be very pleased at the 2013 LEAF announcement. So with all you have seen, are you pleased?

Bigboler said:
Hello from the Great White North, has anybody seen the Canadian prices? For the 2012 we were paying a $4800 premium, hopefully it will better now.

I've got an inquiry to a Canadian exec, I'll post up the info when I get it.

DeaneG said:
It's the subwoofer itself, skinny and wide, roughly three inches high, maybe 5 inches deep and the width of the trunk. Probably has several 3" drivers in parallel.
Yes - Bose has always thought loud mid-bass = low-bass. Trying to prove physics wrong for a long time.

OrientExpress said:
So we said you would be very pleased at the 2013 LEAF announcement. So with all you have seen, are you pleased?
Very! Have been waiting for this announcement and it'll definitely push me into action. Only question remaining for me is lease rates. The Nissan press release indicates they'll still be doing the $199.00/month lease, which I'm assuming will be for the "S" configuration. REALLY interested to know what deals will be available for the SV and SL. Any indication on those or when we'll know?

Yes, I know that but they still can't see around corners or blocking objects so that can't see something off the side of the back or front that is blocked by an object such as a car. I drove another car once that had the same arrangement as the Leaf and that was my observation compared to the two camera per side systems.

Also, I find that I can parallel park just as precisely using the guidelines on the backup camera... I'm consistently within an inch of the curb that way.

TEG said:
TomT said:
...Since the side cameras are in the side view mirrors, they also do not give you that much of a view that you could not see by simply looking out the side windows...
But they are wide angle cameras, and pointed somewhat downwards.
So you can see the distance between the tires and curb which can be handy for precision parallel parking... (You can't really do that by looking out of the window, unless you point the motorized mirrors downwards.)

OrientExpress: When I bought my Leaf in May 2011, my dealership told me there was a "referral fee" of $300 that I would be paid for each Leaf buyer/leaser I referred to them. Is it still common practice (I assume it depends on the dealer)?

Yep, it is entirely up to the individual dealer and not a Nissan program.

MikeD said:
OrientExpress: When I bought my Leaf in May 2011, my dealership told me there was a "referral fee" of $300 that I would be paid for each Leaf buyer/leaser I referred to them. Is still common practice (I assume it depends on the dealer)?

EngravEER said:
REALLY interested to know what deals will be available for the SV and SL. Any indication on those or when we'll know?
The numbers implied in the promotional S lease would hint at about $270/month for the SL trim. I imagine that any promotional lease deals will be announced fairly soon, given that the 2013 model will be going on sale by next month.

TomT said:
Yep, it is entirely up to the individual dealer and not a Nissan program.

MikeD said:
OrientExpress: When I bought my Leaf in May 2011, my dealership told me there was a "referral fee" of $300 that I would be paid for each Leaf buyer/leaser I referred to them. Is still common practice (I assume it depends on the dealer)?
Yes, exactly. This sounds like a dealer incentive, and not an NNA program.

MikeD said:
OrientExpress: When I bought my Leaf in May 2011, my dealership told me there was a "referral fee" of $300 that I would be paid for each Leaf buyer/leaser I referred to them. Is it still common practice (I assume it depends on the dealer)?

that is a dealer driven incentive. You should chat with them about it.

EngravEER said:
Very! Have been waiting for this announcement and it'll definitely push me into action. Only question remaining for me is lease rates. The Nissan press release indicates they'll still be doing the $199.00/month lease, which I'm assuming will be for the "S" configuration. REALLY interested to know what deals will be available for the SV and SL. Any indication on those or when we'll know?

Monthly payments, are totally dependent on a number of variables, including Capital cost, capital reduction, your credit score, MSRP, fees, money factor (interest rate), term, miles per year, etc.. The better your credit score, the better your lease payment, and the larger the capital reduction (i.e. downpayment), the lower the monthly payment will be. The lower the money factor will also lower your monthly payment and that is tied to your credit score. A lower miles per year, and shorter lease term will also lower your monthly payment.

I am happy to see that the $199/Mo. promotional rate is carried over to 2013, we had encouraged Nissan to continue this program.

I would let things settle out on this and talk to your dealer or bank about lease numbers. I would imagine that now that the pricing is available, your dealer can start accepting pre-orders, and so now would be a good time to talk with their finance person about your options. Cars will start rolling to dealers on or about the week of February 3rd, so the time is near!

Herm said:
This is incredible!.. no more excuses that the Leaf does not pencil out.. all I hope is that they dont artificially constrain the supply of the S package.
Herm, does that mean you will be picking one up soon for cruising around Timbuktu? ;)

As far as 2013 pricing goes, it seems to me that Nissan has come to play ball this time! :shock:

Bit disappointed that one has to order the QC package to get LED headlights on the SV. I wonder if the clever people around here would be able to swap-in LED lights in the headlights at a reasonable cost? But I sure like the prices of the various models and hope that they help sales!

Nevertheless, I am happy with the LEAF I've got and hope to keep it for many years.

They mention enhanced efficiency/range, so I'm really curious to see what the EPA rating ends up being.

dgpcolorado said:
Bit disappointed that one has to order the QC package to get LED headlights on the SV. I wonder if the clever people around here would be able to swap-in LED lights in the headlights at a reasonable cost?

LED headlight assemblies cost over $1000 each at the Nissan Parts counter, but from the recycle market they are probably about $500.

Back