2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New to the site. Used the info I saw here to get the following deal in Atlanta GA. I sign the paperwork on Saturday. I am eligible for VPP. Basically just emailed 1 dealer, worked a bit on the price to get it down, then emailed 12 dealers in the ATL area asking if they would beat it. Here is where I ended up.

2014 Nissan Leaf. Total MSRP $31,400 (Leaf S with quick charger option, floor & cargo mats, splash guards and destination fee).
VPP lease & monthly payment includes all costs, taxes and fees – excluding title fee and disposition fee at the end of lease.

$239 per month/15k miles per year for 36 months. $0.15 additional miles.
No down payment. $239+$56 title fee for 1st month due at signing and then 35 more payments of $239.
$395 disposition fee at the end of lease.

Is 2013 SL lease for 2 years with 0 down and $255 per month sounds like a deal, please let me know if I can get better number

Need sanity check on this deal please...

2014 SV with QC/LED etc
Splash Guards + all weather
$2K down - $272/mo - 36mo - 15K miles - with VPP - Georgia

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,

I did a lot of research last night after deciding to get a lease leaf yesterday :p... are these numbers realistic?

36 mo lease for 12k miles
Leaf SL:
MSRP: $36,190
Purchase: $33,552
Money Factor: .00068
Residual: 43% , $15561

33552-15561 = $17991
- $8200 (NMAC) = 9791
- $2000 down = $7791
Total paid = $7791

Interest = (33552+15561) * .00068 = $33.39

$7791/36 + 34 = $250 + tax = $272 / mo

I'm going to the dealership later today!

I know I didn't include acquisition And other fees.

125mph said:
Hi guys,

I did a lot of research last night after deciding to get a lease leaf yesterday :p... are these numbers realistic?

Leaf SL:

33552-15561 = $17991
- $8200 (NMAC) = 9791
- $2000 down = $7791
Total paid = $7791

-----------

I've heard of money factor like .00051 and lower payments than you are quoted. I guess it depends on what part of the country you live and how popular the Leaf is and the sales numbers.

yea theres alot that is wrong with those figueres the residual for 12k is 42% not 43% money factor is lot lower so the payment you listed couldnt be accurate. you dont have upfront sales tax, regestration, aquisition, dmv doc, 1st payment. at your numbers you payment should be 333 inc. but at the actual numbers from nissan 42% residual and .00021 money factor you payments will be 320inc tax 295 plus tax. if you live in bay area and are vpp ill get you a even better deal pm me

125mph said:
Hi guys,

Leaf SL:

33552-15561 = $17991
- $8200 (NMAC) = 9791
- $2000 down = $7791
Total paid = $7791

Jim Click Nissan here in Tucson wants

$299/month (not including taxes)
$1999 down
36 month lease
12,000 miles / year
$399 doc fee

For an 2014 Leaf S with the Charge Package. Is this a bad deal?

Thanks

Anyone know if the lease rates have changed for May? I searched around on Google and couldn't find anything.

I'm looking to lease a 2014 SL for 24 months with 12K miles per year.

Thanks!

Okay so I just drove home with a 2014 Leaf SV. Long day at the dealership.. I think they may have played me though, but good thing, not too much pain in the $$.

I was told the car I was negotiating had the QC port. The sales rep worked that in the deal because he kept saying the $ I was aiming for was too low and those are numbers that might be possible with an SV w/o QC but the car I was talking about had QC so it was going to be a little more expensive then what I was targeting.. so I allowed my price to go up slightly.. from $240/mo to $255/mo before tax.. The car was in the back so I never looked at it until they pulled it out.

here's what the numbers look like on my deal.. how does it fair?

2014 Leaf SV (only option are splash guards, mats and cargo cover)).
MSRP: $33,470 (including destination charge of $850)
Purchase: $30,495.78
Acquisition Fee: $595
Money Factor: .00003
Residual: 41% , $13,722
NMAC rebate: $7,600
Down: $2,000
Monthly: $255.20 before tax or $275 after tax

Qualifies for $2500 CA rebate from CCSE..

I only agreed to the lease thinking the QC was in the deal even though I actually never intended to use the QC anyway so I'm not totally pissed.. I'm not sure the sales rep pulled the switch because he couldn't get the price to meet my target price, or if he just made a mistake and said the car had QC when it actually didn't.

Either way, does the numbers look like I got an okay deal?

I think the deal is OK. But I'm trying to shoot for a bit lower selling price, higher residual and higher NMAC rebate. Do you mind sharing the name of the dealership?

125mph said:
Okay so I just drove home with a 2014 Leaf SV. Long day at the dealership.. I think they may have played me though, but good thing, not too much pain in the $$.

I was told the car I was negotiating had the QC port. The sales rep worked that in the deal because he kept saying the $ I was aiming for was too low and those are numbers that might be possible with an SV w/o QC but the car I was talking about had QC so it was going to be a little more expensive then what I was targeting.. so I allowed my price to go up slightly.. from $240/mo to $255/mo before tax.. The car was in the back so I never looked at it until they pulled it out.

here's what the numbers look like on my deal.. how does it fair?

2014 Leaf SV (only option are splash guards, mats and cargo cover)).
MSRP: $33,470 (including destination charge of $850)
Purchase: $30,495.78
Acquisition Fee: $595
Money Factor: .00003
Residual: 41% , $13,722
NMAC rebate: $7,600
Down: $2,000
Monthly: $255.20 before tax or $275 after tax

Qualifies for $2500 CA rebate from CCSE..

I only agreed to the lease thinking the QC was in the deal even though I actually never intended to use the QC anyway so I'm not totally pissed.. I'm not sure the sales rep pulled the switch because he couldn't get the price to meet my target price, or if he just made a mistake and said the car had QC when it actually didn't.

Either way, does the numbers look like I got an okay deal?

This was pacific nissan in San Diego.

As far as I understand, the NMAC rebate couldn't be touched. Nissan's own website shows $7600 as of May. And from research from this site, the residuals are also set by NMAC, which is 42% for SL and 41% for SV right now... but yes I think the selling price could have come down by a bit, but that probably wouldnt have lowered the monthly payments that much?

theds said:
I think the deal is OK. But I'm trying to shoot for a bit lower selling price, higher residual and higher NMAC rebate. Do you mind sharing the name of the dealership?

Now that I think about it, maybe the sales rep was referring to the 6.6kw charge rather than the QC port..

Anyway, isn't the .00003 money factor extremely low?

isn't 6.6kW charge the quick charge? but your MSRP doesn't seem to have a QC package.

once the money factor is lower than a certain number, it essentially becomes 0% APR financing and basically you can move between down and monthly payments without worrying about the time value of the money. So it become a good idea to pay less down.

Did Nissan changed the rebate and residual in May? I think last week it's still be quoted at $8200 and 43% on this board for 2014 SV. Do you have a link to NMAC page on the rebates for different models?

125mph said:
Now that I think about it, maybe the sales rep was referring to the 6.6kw charge rather than the QC port..

Anyway, isn't the .00003 money factor extremely low?

That was part of my confusion.

The SV comes standard with 6.6kW on board charger and has an option for LED/QC which is a quickcharge port that charges the car in 30 mins using a special charge station that Nissan Dealers have... (as supposily other areas). This is kind of like tesla's supercharger.

The S comes with only the 3.3kW charger and their QC option includes both the 6.6kW on board charger and the QC port for 30 min charging.

theds said:
isn't 6.6kW charge the quick charge? but your MSRP doesn't seem to have a QC package.

once the money factor is lower than a certain number, it essentially becomes 0% APR financing and basically you can move between down and monthly payments without worrying about the time value of the money. So it become a good idea to pay less down.

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't know that. Then the QC/LED package seems less important to me. How widely are the DC QC available? I do like the LED, auto on/off and the fog light, though.

125mph said:
That was part of my confusion.

The SV comes standard with 6.6kW on board charger and has an option for LED/QC which is a quickcharge port that charges the car in 30 mins using a special charge station that Nissan Dealers have... (as supposily other areas). This is kind of like tesla's supercharger.

The S comes with only the 3.3kW charger and their QC option includes both the 6.6kW on board charger and the QC port for 30 min charging.

theds said:

The DC QC stations are new thing but I think over the years they should grow assuming they make it compatible for other EV vehicles too. You can, of course, buy your own for $15K hehe... http://nissanqc.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This site only shows the chargepoint networks but it doesn't seem to be totally accurate. Check out the different stations "level2" which is what you use with the 6.6kW charging and the DC : http://nissan.chargepointportal.net/external/nissanmap/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

theds said:
Thanks for the clarification. I didn't know that. Then the QC/LED package seems less important to me. How widely are the DC QC available? I do like the LED, auto on/off and the fog light, though.

Hey Guys,

I have been sort of on the fence with the Leaf as I was not really ready to buy a car, but my current car has Catalytic issues so its making me look earlier than I had planned. I called a local dealer that was recommended on here, and just a quick quote and no real negotiation I am being quoted $231/month for a 2013 Leaf S with the Charge Package and 1K down. This is with all taxes rolled in and 12K miles per year... I am sure I can work on this a bit lower, but as an initial offer how does it sound? I do not intend to keep the car after 3 years so my out of pocket is more my concern over the life of the lease. I need to make sure that is my total out of pocket as my guess it likely does not include registration. So out of pocket costs are 1000 + 8316= $9316 -$2500= $6816 /36 = 189.33 per month which is way less than my monthly gas from commuting alone..

Is this an honest deal?

Marc

Addicted2climbing said:
Hey Guys,

I have been sort of on the fence with the Leaf as I was not really ready to buy a car, but my current car has Catalytic issues so its making me look earlier than I had planned. I called a local dealer that was recommended on here, and just a quick quote and no real negotiation I am being quoted $231/month for a 2013 Leaf S with the Charge Package and 1K down. This is with all taxes rolled in and 12K miles per year... I am sure I can work on this a bit lower, but as an initial offer how does it sound? I do not intend to keep the car after 3 years so my out of pocket is more my concern over the life of the lease. I need to make sure that is my total out of pocket as my guess it likely does not include registration. So out of pocket costs are 1000 + 8316= $9316 -$2500= $6816 /36 = 189.33 per month which is way less than my monthly gas from commuting alone..

Is this an honest deal?

Marc

Looks pretty solid. $1k down and $231/mo is similar to $2k down and $204/mo.. I have seen people post slightly lower but now you're talking about a free lunch meal every month :).. but its also a 2013.

I'm new to the leasing -- have always been buying cars. I've heard this 0 down and car got totalled theory but don't know the detail. Would you mind explaining?

LeftieBiker said:
Go for the same total paid but with zero down and a bit more per month. That way you don't lose money if the car gets totaled.

Back