2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this is an honest quote, it should mean $1000 drive off (with all the taxes, fees, registration, 1st payment, etc. etc. included) and $231/month for 35 months. If the $231 monthly includes the tax, then your total cost is $9085 - $2500 = $6585. If $231 doesn't include tax, you'll need to add ~$20/month for the tax.

On the other hand, I just got a quote for a 2014 SV + QC/LED, $1000 down and $250/month with 12k miles/year for 3 years. And I'm ready to take it.

Addicted2climbing said:
Hey Guys,

I have been sort of on the fence with the Leaf as I was not really ready to buy a car, but my current car has Catalytic issues so its making me look earlier than I had planned. I called a local dealer that was recommended on here, and just a quick quote and no real negotiation I am being quoted $231/month for a 2013 Leaf S with the Charge Package and 1K down. This is with all taxes rolled in and 12K miles per year... I am sure I can work on this a bit lower, but as an initial offer how does it sound? I do not intend to keep the car after 3 years so my out of pocket is more my concern over the life of the lease. I need to make sure that is my total out of pocket as my guess it likely does not include registration. So out of pocket costs are 1000 + 8316= $9316 -$2500= $6816 /36 = 189.33 per month which is way less than my monthly gas from commuting alone..

Is this an honest deal?

Marc

theds said:
I'm new to the leasing -- have always been buying cars. I've heard this 0 down and car got totalled theory but don't know the detail. Would you mind explaining?

LeftieBiker said:
Go for the same total paid but with zero down and a bit more per month. That way you don't lose money if the car gets totaled.

If you put money down and the car gets totaled, you don't owe any more on the lease but you don't get your down payment back, either. You have to start from negative $$$ - worse than from scratch. If you put zero down, you are paying for the car in a truly month by month manner, and you can just continue doing that with another car if yours gets totaled.

theds said:
If this is an honest quote, it should mean $1000 drive off (with all the taxes, fees, registration, 1st payment, etc. etc. included) and $231/month for 35 months. If the $231 monthly includes the tax, then your total cost is $9085 - $2500 = $6585. If $231 doesn't include tax, you'll need to add ~$20/month for the tax.

On the other hand, I just got a quote for a 2014 SV + QC/LED, $1000 down and $250/month with 12k miles/year for 3 years. And I'm ready to take it.

Addicted2climbing said:
Hey Guys,

I have been sort of on the fence with the Leaf as I was not really ready to buy a car, but my current car has Catalytic issues so its making me look earlier than I had planned. I called a local dealer that was recommended on here, and just a quick quote and no real negotiation I am being quoted $231/month for a 2013 Leaf S with the Charge Package and 1K down. This is with all taxes rolled in and 12K miles per year... I am sure I can work on this a bit lower, but as an initial offer how does it sound? I do not intend to keep the car after 3 years so my out of pocket is more my concern over the life of the lease. I need to make sure that is my total out of pocket as my guess it likely does not include registration. So out of pocket costs are 1000 + 8316= $9316 -$2500= $6816 /36 = 189.33 per month which is way less than my monthly gas from commuting alone..

Is this an honest deal?

Marc

Hey Theds,

What state are you in? If California, what dealership did you get that deal from? Maybe I can get your info and see if my place will match...

Here are more particulars on the deal I received:

2013 Nissan LEAF S
Options - Charger Package, Floor Mats & Cargo Mat
MSRP - $31,120
Your Price - $26,527
Term - 36 mo
Mileage - 12k mi/yr
Residual - 39%
Cash Down - $1,000
Rebate - $8,425 Lease Cash

$212.08 + tax/mo = $231.17/mo

I may ask what it would be with Zero down... Also I have a Mazda 6 with a clogged cat, but no CEL code. I was considering trading it in as I cant really sell it here in CA as the cost to fix it is too high. Only real value the car would have would be to an autocrosser who would likely gut the CATS anyhow and I have some performance mods on it worthwhile.. Curios if there are drawbacks in a trade in on a lease. Especially one in which I don't intend to keep the car after 36 months...

theds said:

Addicted2climbing said:
Hey Guys,

Is this an honest deal?

Marc

Hey Theds,

What state are you in? If California, what dealership did you get that deal from? Maybe I can get your info and see if my place will match...

2013 Nissan LEAF S
MSRP - $31,120
Your Price - $26,527
Term - 36 mo
Mileage - 12k mi/yr
Residual - 39%
Cash Down - $1,000

I may ask what it would be with Zero down... Also I have a Mazda 6 with a clogged cat, but no CEL code. I was considering trading it in as I cant really sell it here in CA as the cost to fix it is too high. Only real value the car would have would be to an autocrosser who would likely gut the CATS anyhow and I have some performance mods on it worthwhile.. Curios if there are drawbacks in a trade in on a lease. Especially one in which I don't intend to keep the car after 36 months...

theds said:

Addicted2climbing said:
Hey Guys,

Is this an honest deal?

Marc

Hey Theds,

2013 Nissan LEAF S
MSRP - $31,120
Your Price - $26,527
Term - 36 mo
Mileage - 12k mi/yr
Residual - 39%
Cash Down - $1,000

Hey Theds,

2013 Nissan LEAF S
MSRP - $31,120
Your Price - $26,527
Term - 36 mo
Mileage - 12k mi/yr
Residual - 39%
Cash Down - $1,000

Hey Theds,

2013 Nissan LEAF S
MSRP - $31,120
Your Price - $26,527
Term - 36 mo
Mileage - 12k mi/yr
Residual - 39%
Cash Down - $1,000

Hey Theds,

2013 Nissan LEAF S
MSRP - $31,120
Your Price - $26,527
Term - 36 mo
Mileage - 12k mi/yr
Residual - 39%
Cash Down - $1,000

hey all,

sorry for the multiple posts, I kept getting an error while posting and it said to try later, so I did, but it looks like all the posts actually were posted... sorry is there a way to delete all but 1?

The sell price and residual looks ok to me. If you're VPP, maybe you can try to push the sell price down a bit. The lease rebate looks good to me. I'm only getting $8300 on the 2014 SV. One thing maybe you're not getting the best deal is probably the money factor. I'm getting 0.00003 on the SV. But maybe it's higher for S? If you get 0.00003 MF, your monthly payment should be < $215 including tax.

Yes, I'm in SF Bay Area. I'll let you know the name the dealership once I close the deal on Friday.

And for the trade-in, it will be applied just like a down payment. I just learned on this forum that you shouldn't pay too much down on a lease, in case the car is totaled. Do I guess any sizable trade-in would be a bad idea.

Addicted2climbing said:
Hey Theds,

2013 Nissan LEAF S
MSRP - $31,120
Your Price - $26,527
Term - 36 mo
Mileage - 12k mi/yr
Residual - 39%
Cash Down - $1,000

theds said:
The sell price and residual looks ok to me. If you're VPP, maybe you can try to push the sell price down a bit. The lease rebate looks good to me. I'm only getting $8300 on the 2014 SV. One thing maybe you're not getting the best deal is probably the money factor. I'm getting 0.00003 on the SV. But maybe it's higher for S? If you get 0.00003 MF, your monthly payment should be < $215 including tax.

Yes, I'm in SF Bay Area. I'll let you know the name the dealership once I close the deal on Friday.

And for the trade-in, it will be applied just like a down payment. I just learned on this forum that you shouldn't pay too much down on a lease, in case the car is totaled. Do I guess any sizable trade-in would be a bad idea.

Addicted2climbing said:
Hey Theds,

2013 Nissan LEAF S
MSRP - $31,120
Your Price - $26,527
Term - 36 mo
Mileage - 12k mi/yr
Residual - 39%
Cash Down - $1,000

Thanks Theds for the great reply. I know the drawbacks of the down payment and or trade-in, but as it stands my car is essentially worthless in CA due to the damn Catalytic laws... At least the leave wont have that problem. I would be interested to see more info on your purchase once you make it.

Good luck..

Marc

Hey Theds and others,

I finaly got a reply on my money factor on the offer with 1K down & $231.17 per month.. MF= .00034

Theds your said your MF was .00003 and that seems crazy low... shure you did not add an extra zero?

For Zero Down the Payment goes up to $263 per month..

How do these look?

Marc

Just as I suspected. Because I plugged your numbers in a lease calculator and if you're getting the MF I'm getting, you should have gotten a much lower monthly payment.

The MF is insanely low. So I double checked with them and it is 0.00003. Essentially it's 0% financing. So in my case, shifting money between down payment and monthly payments doesn't really change the total payments.

Of course right now everything is on paper. When I sign the lease and take the car, I'll let you know.

Addicted2climbing said:
Hey Theds and others,

I finaly got a reply on my money factor on the offer with 1K down & $231.17 per month.. MF= .00034

Theds your said your MF was .00003 and that seems crazy low... shure you did not add an extra zero?

How do these look?

Marc

As a comparison, I'll be paying $9750 total for a 2014 SV+QC/LED for 36 months at 12k miles/year.

LeftieBiker said:
So it's $9468 total with zero down and $9316 with $1k down? Decide if it's worth saving $150 to risk $1k if it gets totaled. Only you know the answer to that.

Addicted2climbing said:
Hey Theds and others,

How do these look?

Marc

My MF for the leaf I picked up last weekend was also .00003

folks, I have been given below offer, are these are good lease terms?
2014 model S

Sale price: 27950
Customer cash: 1146 (dont know)
incentives: 8225
Deal Fees: 316
Doc Fee 80
Acq fee 595
miles 12k and term 36 months
Deal rate 0.00003
sale tax 9.0
base payment 178 + tax = 194
Front end profit -2585 (dont know what this is)
Residual 12874
Cap Cost 28625
Max Adj. Cap cost 43960
Adj cap cost 19253
Due on Sign: 1353 (dont know what this is)
Due from customer 2500 (this the amount that I need to put down)

Folks, please let me know is it under good terms? Bit worried when talking to sales guy and not sure what else to talk. Appreciate your time and help.

think 2500 is not everything that there telling you down. Are you VPP i run same figueres with better sales price same rate came at 205inc i would confirm that 2500 is total not 2500 plus some other fees

irustemp said:
folks, I have been given below offer, are these are good lease terms?
2014 model S

Sale price: 27950
Customer cash: 1146 (dont know)
incentives: 8225
Deal Fees: 316
Doc Fee 80
Acq fee 595
miles 12k and term 36 months
Deal rate 0.00003
sale tax 9.0
base payment 178 + tax = 194
Front end profit -2585 (dont know what this is)
Residual 12874
Cap Cost 28625
Max Adj. Cap cost 43960
Adj cap cost 19253
Due on Sign: 1353 (dont know what this is)
Due from customer 2500 (this the amount that I need to put down)

Folks, please let me know is it under good terms? Bit worried when talking to sales guy and not sure what else to talk. Appreciate your time and help.

I signed the lease this afternoon and just drove the LEAF back. Love the car! (I didn't even test drive before signing. :oops: )

2014 SV + QC/LED, Splash Guard, floor and cargo mat. 36 month lease with 12k miles/year.

MSRP: $34800
Sale price: $29880 (VPP)
Acquisition Fee: $595
Doc fee: $80
Gross Cap Cost: $30555
Residual: $14268 (41%)
Nissan Incentive: $8300
Money Factor: 0.00003
Total due at signing: $1000
Monthly: $250.94 (of 35 payments, including taxes)

I'm having trouble with dealers in Ohio, hopefully you guys can help!

2013 S/QC - Down Payment $2681
Monthly- $199(including tax) for 24 months
2014 SV - Down Payment $2000
Monthly $290-310 for 24 months

After looking at all of the posts for leases on here, these numbers seem incredibly high :(

Back