2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
quartus said:
Any suggestion of whether to buy the 3y maintains when you leasing a leaf, and included into the monly payment? I was told it prices $799, but I believe it could be lower.

3 years of scheduled maintenance is much less than $799, don't do it!

Anything that breaks should be covered by warranty.

quartus said:
Any suggestion of whether to buy the 3y maintains when you leasing a leaf, and included into the monly payment? I was told it prices $799, but I believe it could be lower.

In three years your scheduled maintenance should consist of:

• 2 free annual battery checks - with free inspections of other components
    Cabin filter replacement
    Rotate/replace tires

Unless the $799 includes replacement tires (and it won't) it's a very very bad deal. I'm not even sure a gas-powered car should have that kind of maintenance costs in the first 3 years.

FWIW, I have an SL Premium with Splash guards & floor/cargo mats but no holographic kick plates. My negotiated price was $32,664. If your negotiated price is the same as the lowest TrueCar price in your area, then I'd say it's a good price, otherwise I think there's some more room to negotiate.

That's too bad if $8200 isn't available anymore...I got that when i signed my lease just 4 weeks earlier, but maybe Nissan tweaks the offers every month? That said, the nissan website shows $7850, at least for the Leaf S lease (this is for SF Bay Area, so maybe it's different wherever you're located):
"INCLUDES $7,850 manufacturer's rebate applied to $199/Month lease. Offer valid only when financed through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation."

40milecommuter said:
I double checked with the dealer. 7500 NMAC only. So the deal is:

State : CA
Sales tax 7.75%
Leaf Trim, options : 2014 SL / Premium / Holographic Kick Plates / Splash Guards
MSRP : $37,370.00
Invoice : $35,246
Negotiated Price : $33,401
Taxes, Title, Registration : included in down payment of 3K
Any other fees: included in down payment of 3K
Money Factor : 00068
Downpayment : $3000
Monthly payment : $291.74 for 35 months
Total Monthly payment with taxes: $315.08 for 35 months
15K miles per year
Qualifies for $2500 California CARB cash back rebate - mailed back to me.

I see online the 199 lease deal on the 2013 but nothing for the 2014. Is there a similar deal for the 2014 right now? Also I have found a dealer which has many 2013 left since its a least year model, are people getting better deals than the $199 and 1999 down? I am looking for an S model with the 6kw charger and quick charge port. or a 2014 with the same specs. Color grey or silver. I live in the los angeles area..

Addicted2climbing said:
I see online the 199 lease deal on the 2013 but nothing for the 2014. Is there a similar deal for the 2014 right now? Also I have found a dealer which has many 2013 left since its a least year model, are people getting better deals than the $199 and 1999 down? I am looking for an S model with the 6kw charger and quick charge port. or a 2014 with the same specs. Color grey or silver. I live in the los angeles area..

I just got an email from Tustin Nissan (though not from the same salesman who sold me my car) offering a 2014 Leaf S (no QC) for $199/month x 36 months, $1800 down, plus tax, license, your firstborn, etc. You can always use that as leverage for negotiations.

Contact info:
Ali Mohammad
Internet Manager
Tustin Nissan
30 Auto Center Dr.
Tustin, CA 92782
(714) 669-8282

Hello Friends.

New to the forum and new to car lease. Looking for SV + QC in south bay (SF Bay area). I have couple of basic questions:
- Do you guys actually request all the details in first post like MSRP, invoice, Residual, Money Factor and all that when you request quote?
- So far all requested quotes I received had $2K - $2.5K down, I haven't seen a single deal with $0 down. So whoever has $0 down (or $0 drive off), are you literally not paying a dime when you drive off the car? Or is that effective downpayment assuming CA rebate of $2,500?
- This question is for existing owners - how much did you pay to setup 240V charger @ home and can you tell me how much additional amount you are paying per month for your electricity bill?
- Do dealers regularly match TrueCar dealer price?

faridabadi said:
I got this in SF Bay area
SV with quick charge $0 drive off ,36 months 15k miles/yr, 253+tax,
The best posted deal so far is the one above, posted by faridabadi, wonder if you specifically requested $0 down? And can you still apply and get $2,500 rebate from California?

TimeForEV said:
- This question is for existing owners - how much did you pay to setup 240V charger @ home and can you tell me how much additional amount you are paying per month for your electricity bill?

Mine was $1000, plus another $500 for the EVSE ("charger" is an incorrect term) but that's on the high side. The reason for that is my municipality requires an external dedicated meter for the EVSE. Otherwise installation would probably be half that.

What yours will cost depends on a lot of circumstances. If you have an unused 240 volt outlet in your garage or carport already, that is the cheapest way to go. If conduit needs to be run from the panel, that will drive the cost up. If you get the world's biggest and baddest EVSE but your current electrical service is insufficient for it, upgrading that will be quite expensive.

Driving my Leaf 1,000 miles costs me about $40 in electricity.

TimeForEV said:

Prices will be all over the map depending on how far the wiring run is from your service panel and if your panel even has room for another breaker. In my case, my breaker box is on the other side of my garage wall and I had empty breaker slots, so 4' of 6/3 wire, a NEMA 14-50 outlet, stainless steel cover and the breaker came to less than $40. I plan to build an OpenEVSE for $400. So that's all pretty ideal and on the low end of costs.

cgaydos said:
quartus said:

Cabin filter replacement
    Rotate/replace tires

Unless the $799 includes replacement tires (and it won't) it's a very very bad deal. I'm not even sure a gas-powered car should have that kind of maintenance costs in the first 3 years.

I was told there is brake maintenance etc and as a lease all maintenance is required.

tinaCA said:
cgaydos said:
quartus said:

Cabin filter replacement
    Rotate/replace tires

I was told there is brake maintenance etc and as a lease all maintenance is required.

Sounds like a parking brake adjustment. You can get whatever work is needed done elsewhere, or even do it yourself. Thye make it sound like not paying them through the nose for "maintainance" will void the lease, but that rarely happens, and never if the work is done right elsewhere.

tinaCA said:

Ah, the poor dealers! They can see their own demise approaching, and this is the best they can do?

TinaCA, there is no required brake maintenance during a typical 2-3 year lease peiod. The owner's manual will confirm that. The person who told you that would like to sell freezers in Alaska in January.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
tinaCA said:

Ah, the poor dealers! They can see their own demise approaching, and this is the best they can do?

TinaCA, there is no required brake maintenance during a typical 2-3 year lease peiod. The owner's manual will confirm that. The person who told you that would like to sell freezers in Alaska in January.

Whether these are "required" is debatable, but they are specified in the Service and Maintenance Guide.
It specifies a brake fluid flush at 2 years/30k miles for the "normal" service and every year/15k miles for "severe" service. The 2 year interval for brake flushes is recommended by others, not just Nissan.

Part of the inspections specified for the 1 year/15k (and the 6 month/7.5k for "severe") service includes checking the brake pads and rotors for "wear, deterioration, and fluid leaks" as per the Guide. It also says to check these items more frequently "whenever you drive off-road through deep sand, mud, or water."

Yes there is a brake flush involved during the 3 year lease period as well as periodic inspections. I always perform preventative maintenance anyway and with a leased vehicle it's best to do what you can to maintain the value.

I brought my laptop and my own spreadsheet and did calculations. The prepaid maintenance was slightly cheaper. Of course, dealers often have service "specials" which would end up being less expensive if you wanted to pay as you go and wait for coupons etc, but I didn't mind averaging out the cost in the monthly payment if it was similar or lower than pay at the time of service - the convenience factor plays a role too.

Had a friend lease from Kings Nissan in Cincinnati this weekend.

2013 S w/ charging package, 24 month, 15k miles/year
$3k down ($1700 of it was from trade-in)
$212/month

A little high on the down payment, overall pretty good to me.

State : MA
Sales tax % : 6.25
Leaf Trim, options : 2013 SL, Premium, splash, floor mats
MSRP : $37020
Invoice : $34944
Negotiated Price : $33471 (VPP)
Taxes, Title, Registration : $1116
Money Factor : .00017
Residual Value: 41%
Downpayment : $0
Term Length: 36 months / 12K/yr
Monthly payment : $297.56 ($316.16 w/ tax)

I've been given this as a lease option on a 2013. Is this a reasonable deal (especially for VPP)?

The 24 month works out to $282.49 ($300.15 w/tax) because the RV is 52%. I would prefer a 36 months lease, but it seems wrong that I'm paying an additional $16/mo to keep it the extra year.

I'm wondering if I can negotiate a higher RV on the 36 month lease, even though I'm going through VPP?

BTW, this is an incredible forum with a wealth of information. I've been doing nothing but read thread after thread for the last few days (and it was incredibly frustrating when it was down earlier today).

Carter, thanks for the dealer recommendation, we also purchased a 2014 Nissan Leaf S with quick charge from Dennis today. Dennis is very transparent on the price, we had a few email exchanges last night and settled the price in the morning, and we drove the car out at noon. No surprises in the whole transaction, save us a big time. I would also recommend to get a quote from him if you are in the market for Leaf in Seattle area.

Deep discount VPP price + $2500 rebate + 0 apr for 72 months. There is No tax in WA.

Lease vs Buy:
$700 lease rebate (8200 with federal rebate) vs 2500 purchase rebate (+$7500 tax return next year)
Monthly pay with interest vs 0 APR for 72 months
No tax in WA for EV.

Buy makes more sense than lease for us, so we have flexibility switching to another whenever is right for next generation of EV.

crabasa said:
Hey all,

Just completed my lease for a 2013 Nissan Leaf SV with LED/QC and Premium packages. I've posted my lease details here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As1XaJl0N97xdF9BajFrOWRjSy1Td2RycXBoa0hOekE#gid=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But the key numbers were:

Price: $32,717
Money Factor: 0.00024
Residual: 52%
Lease Term: 24/12k
Monthly Payment: $313.40

I live in the Seattle-area and purchased the car at Younker Nissan. They were awesome. Definitely ask for Dennis.

--Carter

Back