2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also need help in rating this non-VPP lease in SoCal area. I'm still waiting for the rest of the terms.

Leaf Trim, options : 2014 S with quick charge
36 month lease
12k miles/year
State : CA
Sales tax % : 9%
Downpayment : $0
Monthly payment : $280 including tax
Total cost over 3 years = ($280 x 36 = $10,080 - $2500 rebate = $7580 (7580/36 = $210 including tax)

Thanks!

It's a good lease price. Just make sure you really want an S, which means no cruise control (ever: it can't be added), no remote activation via Carwings, etc. If you're ok with that, the S is where the best deals tend to be found.

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't used Cruise Control ever since I got my first Prius way back in 2006. I find the MPG numbers are higher without it so I won't miss it. I don't know how important/necessary CarWings is but, as I said in a different post, my main priority is the Quick Charge option.

Also, normally I don't like putting money down but would it be worth it here, especially in light of the $2500 rebate?

i got the S with quick charge and glad i did. the much faster L2 charging has really come in handy as well. as far as CC? i miss it occasionally but traffic is so bad around here, its hard to use CC anyway. I was looking at some data on trip logging i had done and without realizing it, many of my freeway trips range from 40 to 65 mph. I can tell by the speed profile where I am at on I 5 due to the same bottlenecks I have to put up with daily...

I am being offered a 36mo/12K lease in Austin TX on an 2014 SV with quick charge, LED headlights, and carwings.

Payment: $250/month total
Drive off: $2400 which includes tax, registration, title, and first months payment.

What does the community think of this?

Has anybody done a spreadsheet or graphed the range of lease deals reported here? Highest vs lowest? Best areas of the country maybe? By model year or trim level?

Still some '13s out there apparently, but when does the title change over?

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Has anybody done a spreadsheet or graphed the range of lease deals reported here? Highest vs lowest? Best areas of the country maybe? By model year or trim level?

I did, but stopped tracking on 1/18/2014 when I got into my Leaf lease. The red tick in the corner of the monthly cost column means the monthly cost does include applicable taxes. It is difficult to compare everything directly since each state and even county has different tax structures, and some have no taxes at all, like Washington state. In general, California taxes add around $20/month to the lease.

For my needs, I found it best to compare California leases for the same model, since different models have different residual values and different rebates ($8150 for S model vs $7500 for others, etc.)
Leafprices.jpg

The above Spreadsheet make my latest lease offer on a 2013 S with Quick charge 0 down all taxes and fees, first months payment and 15k a year for 249/month in NC sound like a steal. I have two offers for this. I think I will most likely takes this offer on Saturday.

Got ours just over a week ago now. We have a 2013 S with charge package. We paid $1,999 down, $800 in taxes, $198 (plus $10 taxes) a month for 36 months with a residual of $12,855.

Just to contribute here is one lease quote I got. I am going to work through the figures to see what the total cost will be in the end. But as a point of reference if anyone needs an estimate. This was from a dealership:

Lease package on the LEAF S WITH QUICK CHARGE:
36 MONTHS
12K MILES
$1999 DOWN PLUS FEES
$225.00 PLUS TAX--MONTHLY PAYMENT

LEAF SV WITH QUICK CHARGE
$249.00 PLUS TAX--MONTHLY PAYMENT
(Everything else the same)

LEAF SL
$299.00 PLUS TAX --MONTHLY PAYMENT

When you lease, you get the $2500 rebate back in the form of a check within 30 to 60 days.
You also get a $7500 federal tax credit distributed evenly for 3 years--$2500 each year.
As far residual at the end of the lease--it changes. Right now it's 43% of the MSRP.

muncan said:
Just to contribute here is one lease quote I got. I am going to work through the figures to see what the total cost will be in the end. But as a point of reference if anyone needs an estimate. This was from a dealership:

36 MONTHS
12K MILES
$1999 DOWN PLUS FEES

LEAF SL

When you lease, you get the $2500 rebate back in the form of a check within 30 to 60 days.
You also get a $7500 federal tax credit distributed evenly for 3 years--$2500 each year.
As far residual at the end of the lease--it changes. Right now it's 43% of the MSRP.

I would not hesitate to take option B. the price difference is nearly neglible considering the additional features. my difference was more than triple yours but i also took 15,000 miles (which wont be enough) and that does change everything...

I agree, most of the features that really impress people are found on SV models and up. Everyone at work thinks the preheat/precool and checking charge status from the app is cool, sending POIs from google to the car, seeing charge stations on the nav screen, etc., are not found on the S model.

muncan said:

You'll be waiting longer than that. The CVRP rebate program is currently out of money and is not expected to get another infusion of cash until after the budget year renews on July 1. People whose applications weren't approved until after the money ran out are on a waiting list. If the money runs out before all of those applications in queue are fulfilled, anybody still in queue will have to wait for more funding.

Also, any California resident is eligible as long as they get the car new and promise to keep the car registered in their name and at a California address for 3 years. So purchasers are eligible as well as those with 3+ year lease terms.

That's not exactly how it works. Nissan applies this credit towards the Capitalized Cost Reduction (down payment) so it's supposed to be immediate. The lease quotes you got appear to already already reflect this and aside from the CVRP rebate you won't be getting any additional government money.

RonDawg said:
muncan said:

You'll be waiting longer than that. The CVRP rebate program is currently out of money and is not expected to get another infusion of cash until after the budget year renews on July 1. People whose applications weren't approved until after the money ran out are on a waiting list. If the money runs out before all of those applications in queue are fulfilled, anybody still in queue will have to wait for more funding.

Also, any California resident is eligible as long as they get the car new and promise to keep the car registered in their name and at a California address for 3 years. So purchasers are eligible as well as those with 3+ year lease terms.

That's not exactly how it works. Nissan applies this credit towards the Capitalized Cost Reduction (down payment) so it's supposed to be immediate. The lease quotes you got appear to already already reflect this and aside from the CVRP rebate you won't be getting any additional government money.

I agree with you. The quotes came from the dealership. I had looked into the various State and Federal rebates for a purchase and knew that the $7500 would be part of the immediate rebate that Nissan would apply to the lease. I am getting the rebate quoted at $8200 from the dealership. Also I phoned the CVRP offices here in San Diego and was told that there are still funds available but that check issuance is being delayed. If it is a cashflow problem then I can understand the delay. Hopefully it doesn't become a "sorry we are out of funds" when I submit my application.

Hi, I am new to this forum.

Just closed a lease deal today in South bay

3 yrs with 12K miles/yr
4K down, 155 monthly

Is this a good deal?

exel1234 said:

3 yrs with 12K miles/yr
4K down, 155 monthly

Is this a good deal?
Ummm.... South Bay where? There's the South Bay in Nor Cal but there are other parts of the US where there are "South Bays". Some states have no sales tax on EVs (e.g. WA).

Can you update your location info via User Control Panel (near top) > Profile (left side)? That way, we don't need to ask in future posts/threads or do sleuthing to deduce it.

Year? Trim level? What packages, if any?

It was a bad idea to put down $4K. If the car gets totaled, you won't get any of it bakc.

I was still shopping leases, here is another quote I got:

All based on 36 month lease, LA (California) area taxes, tier 1 credit and 15k miles/year:

2013 Nissan LEAF S with Quick Charger
$2500 down
$213+tax

2013 Nissan LEAF SV with Quick Charger
$2500 down
$268+tax

The dealer used $2500 because that is the state rebate which he assumed I would be putting down. Not a huge deal for me since they are quoting $2k in most of the leases I am seeing.

Are any of these a good deal?

2014 Nissan LEAF S with Quick Charger

State: CA
City: San Jose
3 yrs with 12K miles/yr
4K down, 155 monthly

Is this a good deal?

muncan said:

36 MONTHS
12K MILES
$1999 DOWN PLUS FEES

LEAF SL

These are better numbers than i have been getting. What dealer are you using?

Back