2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't recall the lease info at all (the local dealer's deal was better), but the CAP purchase price was something like invoice + $375.

How long until the money factor begins to decrease? Right now I've been quoted the following for an SV:

The selling price $32985.00
Documentation and title fees $414.00
Acquisition fee $595.00
Rebate - $7500.00
Total cap cost is $26494.00
Money Factor = .00220
Residual is $15832.80
Monthly payment is $389.00 per month for 39 months

First payment is the only out of pocket expense.

Overall, the "deal" seems pretty bad especially since they are not reducing sales price below MSRP and the money factor seems outrageous. Any ideas on a better "deal"?

bradbissell said:
Overall, the "deal" seems pretty bad especially since they are not reducing sales price below MSRP and the money factor seems outrageous. Any ideas on a better "deal"?

Nissan shows on their website (at least for my region) a 36 month SV lease for $250/mo with $2000 at signing. The $1750 at signing ($250 of the $2000 is first month of lease), breaks down to about $45/mo. So you should be able to work a deal right now, with sufficient credit, for about $300/mo with no money down plus tax.

Who knows what deals Nissan will run later.

bradbissell said:
How long until the money factor begins to decrease? Right now I've been quoted the following for an SV:

First payment is the only out of pocket expense.

That is the tier 3 money factor. Check your credit report.

On another point, did Nissan fix the stack-ability of the 8500 and the lease incentive of 10,500? My dealers says he can't stack them. Major bummer for my under $200 a month leaf.

I posted in the wrong forum please ignore! I meant 2012s.

$8500 and $10500? I've heard of the $7,500 federal credit, and the current $10,150 lease credit. What are you referring to?

bradbissell said:
not reducing sales price below MSRP and the money factor seems outrageous. Any ideas on a better "deal"?
If you have good credit, they are padding to the money factor (allowed by Nissan). Make sure you don't pay over 0.002 money factor and negotiate hard on the price. You should be able to get it closer to invoice. See the first post for details.

Yeah, I knew they were padding the money factor. I keep telling dealers that I will qualify for tier 0 financing, but they refuse to quote it "just in case" I don't qualify. I'm just annoyed that the money factor is so high ( .002) since it took crazy deals to really move the 2012s. Yes, I know they dropped the price of the 2013s but the high money factor adds an extra $80 to the lease payment. Not cool.

I mentioned this in another feed, but this one seems to be more active. Sorry if I posted in the wrong one earlier, mods.

Anyhow, I was offered $282 ($300 after tax) or $3000 down and $199 a month plus tax, and told that was the lowest they'd go. Maybe it's the lack of a stack factor that Elephanthead mentioned that's stopping it from getting any lower?

(Wantonsoup: There's an $8500 dealer cash offer that apparently isn't stackable—but once was?—with the $10150 NMAC offer.)

Oops, sorry. SL with QC, splash guards, carpeted floor and cargo mats. Seems to be the last 2012 in town.

nsps said:
Oops, sorry. SL with QC, splash guards, carpeted floor and cargo mats. Seems to be the last 2012 in town.
Let's keep the 2012s in the old thread. It gets confusing to bring these numbers here.

tacshose said:
Hello,

First post and GREAT website I have been reading all the threads and have been wanting a Leaf for awhile. I finally got to drive one at the Chicago Auto Show and LOVED IT. Well my local dealer, in Missouri, has a just delivered 2013 Nissan Leaf S. I have been negotaiting over the phone and doubt I will even test drive before signing the paperwork, ha don't wanna burn charged miles I might need to get home :)

My only hesistation is the Model S over the SV, is it worth it? MOST IMPORTANTLY, You lease experts what should I offer on a SV model to match my deal on the S?

Due to the leasing question I placed it in this thread, please move or tell me if I was wrong to do that.

The Model S Deal:
2013 Nissan Leaf S
24 Month Close Ended Lease
12,000 Miles Per Year
$201 a month including all taxes, titles, and fees
$0 Down
First payment of $201 due at signing.

Also, anyone know if GAP Insurance is included in Nissan Leases?

Thanks!

Well I picked up my leaf as scheduled on Monday. Can't beat $199 all in! I'm very happy with it and I am enjoying showing it off and enjoying how quiet it is while passing all the gas stations :)

Any thoughts on the best 220V charger? I would hope the charger has good resale value when my lease is over and I might sell it. Thanks!

tacshose said:
Any thoughts on the best 220V charger? I would hope the charger has good resale value when my lease is over and I might sell it. Thanks!
It's an EVSE, not a charger. There is a whole section of the forum devoted to "EVSE - Charging Equipment." Go there to read and ask. Let's keep this thread on topic.

Ray

tacshose said:
tacshose said:
Hello,

First post and GREAT website I have been reading all the threads and have been wanting a Leaf for awhile. I finally got to drive one at the Chicago Auto Show and LOVED IT. Well my local dealer, in Missouri, has a just delivered 2013 Nissan Leaf S. I have been negotaiting over the phone and doubt I will even test drive before signing the paperwork, ha don't wanna burn charged miles I might need to get home :)

My only hesistation is the Model S over the SV, is it worth it? MOST IMPORTANTLY, You lease experts what should I offer on a SV model to match my deal on the S?

Due to the leasing question I placed it in this thread, please move or tell me if I was wrong to do that.

The Model S Deal:
2013 Nissan Leaf S
24 Month Close Ended Lease
12,000 Miles Per Year
$201 a month including all taxes, titles, and fees
$0 Down
First payment of $201 due at signing.

Also, anyone know if GAP Insurance is included in Nissan Leases?

Thanks!

Well I picked up my leaf as scheduled on Monday. Can't beat $199 all in! I'm very happy with it and I am enjoying showing it off and enjoying how quiet it is while passing all the gas stations :)

Congrats on a great deal. That's $19 a month less than I paid on my 2013 S model. My experience was that dealers wil not give you the same lease factors on the SV/SL that they do on the S. That's why I opeted for the S too. Hey, let me know if you have any trouble with your USB port. I plugged my Ipone cord into it yesterday and it won't pull out :?
What's your VIN. I'm 283. wonder who got number 001? Take care, Bob

Hi: I posted on this topic, but in the wrong place. My deal (sorry, I don't want to pull out all the paperwork), but the most important facts:
  • 2013 S model, no upgrades $28k
    39 month lease
    Tier one credit
    $219 a month (including tax)
    $2,500 drive off
    ($2,500) CA rebate (comfirmed)
    12k miles a year; $.15 for overage
    No gap insurance, no extras

This was really hard to negotiate. Other CA dealers wanted more. All in all, a really fair deal, I think. They crazy low 2012 lease deals seem to be a thing of the past. Let me know if you want to know more specifics. I also found dealers in San Diego are not posting their vehicles in inventory, so if you want one now, you should call around.

Nissan of McKinney, TX gave my friend this deal over phone and we are going to check it now:

- SV with QC, GPS and backup camera
- 36 month lease
- $199/month
- $1800 down payment
- T&T extra

sounds good ?

what is GAP insurance ?

Quick question. I am about to place a factory order on a 2013 Leaf SV for 24 month lease, should I expect the Residue and Money Factor to change when I receive the car or should I expect to have same MF and R as of the day I place the order?

Thanks,

That's very similar to the current S deal. Sounds too good to be true on an SV. I had a similar offer on a a 2012 but, upon closer examination, they needed closer to $3500 drive off to cover the tax on the Federal and State rebates. If I were him, I would ask for the "drive off" cost and the after tax amount per month. Good luck. I was told gap insurance is unncecessary due to the large rebates from he government.

mkjayakumar said:
Nissan of McKinney, TX gave my friend this deal over phone and we are going to check it now:

- SV with QC, GPS and backup camera
- 36 month lease
- $199/month
- $1800 down payment
- T&T extra

sounds good ?

what is GAP insurance ?

No dealer I talked to was willing to lock in any lease deal before they had the car in hand. So, I would say the answer is no, even if you put down a deposit. However,integrity levels may well be higher outside of California :?

rodriguw said:
Quick question. I am about to place a factory order on a 2013 Leaf SV for 24 month lease, should I expect the Residue and Money Factor to change when I receive the car or should I expect to have same MF and R as of the day I place the order?

Thanks,

Regardless where or who - unless and until you have a signed contract for purchase or lease, the terms can be changed. Don't ever assume any different. Period. Whether you're buying a crayon on Craigslist, a car, or a house, nothing is done til it's done.

Back