2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gap insurance is the difference between your pay off and what the car is worth should it get totalled. The gap insurance will cover the inequity and you walk away free and clear.

Example:

Car worth $15,000

Your pay off $20,000

Gap insurance pays the $5,000 inequity you owe. Nissan leases have it built in. Double check your lease paperwork before signing. If not, get it added to your ins policy. Should ot be much. I recommend due to idiots on the road I see daily and resale values seen on 2010-2011 models.

Ian B

mkjayakumar said:
Nissan of McKinney, TX gave my friend this deal over phone and we are going to check it now:

- SV with QC, GPS and backup camera
- 36 month lease
- $199/month
- $1800 down payment
- T&T extra

sounds good ?

what is GAP insurance ?

Your friend won't be getting a backup cam because it is not available on SV/SL. They can only get the AVM which is included with the Premium Package.

Well this is what happened:

As we walked in, the salesman who was courting us for the last several days gave us the news that the SV we were promised just got sold an hour ago. We were pretty incensed, but the guy offered us other deals on two other Leafs on their lot.

- loaded SL for $270/month, 24 months, $2k down, T&T included
- S for $175/month, 24 months, $2k down, T&T included. This one had QC, 6.6kWh charger and backup camera

We took the S deal. Of course there was also a trade in of Hudai SanteFe for $14k and I am not sure how that played into this S deal.

In the end my friend and I came out satisfied.

Jay

Thanks for posting the deal - but I must say by T&T included that makes it pretty useless to anyone :geek: That varies so much from city,county,state it could be the difference of $50+ / month.

I am not sure what you are saying. Nothing was paid separately for T&T. All that was paid at the time of Purchase was $2000 plus first month payment of $175.

mkjayakumar said:
there was also a trade in of Hudai SanteFe for $14k and I am not sure how that played into this S deal.

I'm sure it lowered the lease payment, but if you total the Leaf then its gone in a POOF.. its just money, enjoy life while you can

mkjayakumar said:
I am not sure what you are saying. Nothing was paid separately for T&T. All that was paid at the time of Purchase was $2000 plus first month payment of $175.
He is saying, since T&T is included, we don't know how that translates to other states.

mkjayakumar said:
Well this is what happened:

As we walked in, the salesman who was courting us for the last several days gave us the news that the SV we were promised just got sold an hour ago. We were pretty incensed, but the guy offered us other deals on two other Leafs on their lot.

- loaded SL for $270/month, 24 months, $2k down, T&T included
- S for $175/month, 24 months, $2k down, T&T included. This one had QC, 6.6kWh charger and backup camera

We took the S deal. Of course there was also a trade in of Hudai SanteFe for $14k and I am not sure how that played into this S deal.

In the end my friend and I came out satisfied.

Jay

Hey Jay: Congrats on your new baby! Hope you dig it. :D In comparing your deal and mine ($219/month; 39 mos; 0 out the door after rebate), you did ok. While taxes and rebates change things from state to state, in the end, you the consumer got to drive this great car for about $258 a month (that's your payment plus your $2k amortized over 24 months). Since you are only committed for 24 months and got the QC, sounds ok to me. Congrats on not getting sucked into the upgrade deal. Why would you pay nearly 50% more for a car tht is only worth about 20% more? So, now that the crappy part is over, enjoy your ride. :mrgreen:

Thanks, Bob. Actually this one is for my friend who has been watching me in my Leaf sceptically, for the last 12 months driving 12K+ of gas free miles, while he was putting over $150/month in gas on his Sante Fe that gives 15 miles to a gallon !!. The last tank he filled was for over 60 bucks.

So I gave him a test drive and two weeks later he kicked the gas guzzler out, and got the Leaf. As for me, I drive a 2011 SV that I am leasing at an exorbitant rate of twice the price of this one my friend got.

This is how my friend put it: For the same price of the SantaFe he could lease a new one for every two years for 10 years and still come out a lot ahead with the gas savings. Go Leaf !!

Congrats on your new LEAF! This seems to be inline with Nissan's national ad for LEAF S:

Excludes taxes, title, and license. $1,999 initial payment required at consummation. (Includes $1,800 consumer down payment, $199 first month payment.) (INCLUDES $7,500 manufacturer's rebate applied to $199 MONTH lease. Offer valid only when financed through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation.) Subject to residency restriction. Varies by Nissan Region. 2013 LEAF S Lease model 17013 subject to availability to well-qualified lessees through Nissan-Infiniti LT. $29,650 MSRP incl. destination charge. Net capitalized cost of $19,631 includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may affect actual price set by dealer. Monthly payments total $7,164 At lease end, purchase for $14,529, plus purchase option fee up to $300 (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear & use plus $0.15 per mile for mileage over 12,000 miles per year. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repairs. A disposition fee is due at termination of lease term. No security deposit required. See participating dealer for details. Offer ends 02/28/2013.

SL is $296/Month - $1,999 initial payment for 36 months. I don't see any promotion for SV.

I also feel the crazy low 2012 lease deals is over. I try several local dealers. No one is willing to go below the above promotion.

bobsfreeleaf said:
Hi: I posted on this topic, but in the wrong place. My deal (sorry, I don't want to pull out all the paperwork), but the most important facts:
  • 2013 S model, no upgrades $28k
    39 month lease
    Tier one credit
    $219 a month (including tax)
    $2,500 drive off
    ($2,500) CA rebate (comfirmed)
    12k miles a year; $.15 for overage
    No gap insurance, no extras

This was really hard to negotiate. Other CA dealers wanted more. All in all, a really fair deal, I think. They crazy low 2012 lease deals seem to be a thing of the past. Let me know if you want to know more specifics. I also found dealers in San Diego are not posting their vehicles in inventory, so if you want one now, you should call around.

I was just offered an SV for $22762 (includes the fed credit in price) on carwoo. Seems like a great deal. Lease would be $199 + tax + $12 for 15k/year for 36 months with $1999 down. Good deal, or too good to be true?

That's $400 above invoice for the purchase price, but I'm assuming it had options which would put it BELOW invoice price so something is fishy there. If it's a lease, there's a ton of Nissan cash on the table for dealers ($7,500-10,250 right now!) so go for a lease.

bradbissell said:
I was just offered an SV for $22762 (includes the fed credit in price) on carwoo. Seems like a great deal. Lease would be $199 + tax + $12 for 15k/year for 36 months with $1999 down. Good deal, or too good to be true?

Hi Brad: Sounds really good for today's market, if you are getting a State rebate. If the $1999 is out of your pocket, I would say it's a pretty good deal, about $280ish a month, all in. My number, in California, is $219 all in, for the S model (only 12k a year). In your neck of the woods, you're gonna want the SV for its heating capability with less range depletion, so its more compelling to upgrade. By the way, my Verizon Iphone navigation plays its audio through the speakers of the S model through the USB port, so Nav is not necessary. Also, with no Carwings, I was not sure how I would know when public charging was complete, but I found out Sunday that Blink notifies me on my phone when it is. Perhaps this helps. Thx, Bob

Only real issue is that the lease is out of state (New Hampshire) and the dealer is saying that I do not owe any tax at the start of the lease on the sale price. I assume that I will have to pay 6.25% of the price (MA tax) at the lease start when it is registered in MA. Am I crazy, or is the dealer confusing NH (0 sales tax) with MA (6.25% tax).

Help! I have never leased and assume I am getting screwed.

I once tried leasing a car from a dealership in New Jersey, but I live in NY. It was a real mess, the dealer didn't understand NY law around leasing, he was telling me things that were blatantly not true, and I wound up having to walk away from the deal. When it comes to leasing, I would try to stick to a dealer in your own state.

Yep, I think I'll wait. I would hate to have to pay an extra $1000 out of pocket due to a mistake by the dealer. However, they do all the running, so I would not have to deal with the plate/tax situation.

In the end, I did work them down to invoice. So I am passing up a pretty good deal. I will assume I will be able to do the same with a local dealer in the near future.

bradbissell said:
In the end, I did work them down to invoice. So I am passing up a pretty good deal. I will assume I will be able to do the same with a local dealer in the near future.
If you got the money factor suggested by NMAC and invoice pricing it is a good deal (if you can't get VPP).

You would have to pay your state sales tax on each month's lease - if that is how it works in your state. May be you can call NMAC and ask them how to do this if you lease from out of state.

Just got back from Cerritos Nissan with my new S model Leaf in metallic slate!
Not much options just "splash guards, floor mats/ cargo area mat, cargo net"

2400 out the door (including all fees, tax, doc, etc.)

199.42 a month AFTER taxes

36 month lease, 12k mileage a yr.

residual: $14,592.

still eligible for the $2500 CA rebate.

wantonsoup said:
That's $400 above invoice for the purchase price, but I'm assuming it had options which would put it BELOW invoice price so something is fishy there. If it's a lease, there's a ton of Nissan cash on the table for dealers ($7,500-10,250 right now!) so go for a lease.

Maybe in CO there's Nissan cash on a 2013 lease, but here the only cash is the $7500 that NMAC takes as a FTC and let's us take it off the price as a rebate.

darwinchaug13 said:
Just got back from Cerritos Nissan with my new S model Leaf in metallic slate!
Not much options just "splash guards, floor mats/ cargo area mat, cargo net"

2400 out the door (including all fees, tax, doc, etc.)

199.42 a month AFTER taxes

36 month lease, 12k mileage a yr.

residual: $14,592.

still eligible for the $2500 CA rebate.

Well done! That's the closest I have seen to the advertised deal in CA. I've got your car's older sister (vin 283). She cost $20 more a month, but she was worth it. :mrgreen: Happy charging :cool:

Back