2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evnow said:
rvsixer said:
From nissanusa.com:
$199 Per Month Lease
For 36 Months
Cool - hadn't seen that.

They are giving a big discount to make that happen with the usual 46% residual. If they give a 1,300 discount on S, we get 199 lease for 36/12k.

May be helpful to update your first post to reflect the 36 month term and lower residual.

evnow said:
Well, we currently just know that Leaf will have a $199 lease program. Once we get more information, this thread will be updated.

Preliminary estimates :

'13 S MSRP : 28,800 (+ $820 destination)
24 months / 12k miles per year
Money Factor : 0.0005 (1.2%)
Initial Payment : 1,999
Cap. Cost : 21,231
Residual : 58.7% (16,905)
Acquisition Fee : $595
Lease Payment : $199

SV : ~ $250

SL : ~ $300

How sure are you of that Residual and Money Factor? Plugging those numbers into a lease calculator, I can't come up with the same results.

Also, I believe the destination is going to be $850, not $820. At least, that's what it was on my 2012.

NYLEAF said:
How sure are you of that Residual and Money Factor? Plugging those numbers into a lease calculator, I can't come up with the same results.

Also, I believe the destination is going to be $850, not $820. At least, that's what it was on my 2012.
All the numbers are guesses. What lease calculator are you using ?

$820 was the old destination - may be it will be $850 now. Doesn't make much of a difference in terms of lease estimates. Same for 0.00005 vs 0.00003. The difference is $7 per month.

wantonsoup said:
When the mfr sets these lease deals' monthly payments 'in stone', are they also setting the residual value 'in stone'? By that, I mean, does one still need to negotiate anything if you opt for the $299/mo lease on the SL? (Ignore a trade-in situation for this scenario) Or is it already established by Nissan? And I'm assuming that the published numbers ($199/249/299) don't include any of the option packages? (I'm going for a loaded SL)

And side question - Colorado offers a tax incentive on the Leaf - how does this work for a lease? It ain't too much (I think it's $5k for a purchase) but every little helps.
A lease is a combination of two 'loans': an interest-only loan on the Residual, and a fully-amortized loan on the depreciation (aka Purchase less Residual). So changing the purchase price (less any deposit or upfront cash), the interest rate, or the residual value assumption will change the lease payment. If the car costs $30,000 and the residual is $20,000, you make intest payments on the $20k, but principle and interest on the $10k.

I talked to a dealer today. News is that - there is no news. Nissan hasn't given lease details to dealers yet.

But there is one bit of encouraging possibility - Nissan may be considering offering some kind of "loyalty" program to help 2011/12 Leafers upgrade to 2013.

That would be extremely awesome news. I figure I'm at least $4000 underwater on my lease right now, as NMAC says a "Dealership payoff" would be about $26,500, for a 2012 SL with 12,3xx miles. If Nissan can throw in $2000-$3000 in "Loyalty" money, plus another $1000-1500 off sticker from the dealer, I could basically turn in my lease and get a 2013 for nothing extra (except sales tax).

evnow said:
I talked to a dealer today. News is that - there is no news. Nissan hasn't given lease details to dealers yet.

But there is one bit of encouraging possibility - Nissan may be considering offering some kind of "loyalty" program to help 2011/12 Leafers upgrade to 2013.

I hadn't gotten any news on lease deals from the two local dealers here either.

On the loyalty program, that would be great PR and honestly a good idea on several aspects, but they're going to have a hard time re-selling those cars for a decent price with a fair amount of new 2012's still sitting on the lot, so I would be very surprised if they made good on it. If anything, I would expect that probably wouldn't happen until summer timeframe when any "new" Leaf owners may have already scooped up the first few waves of deliveries. I.e. although Nissan wants to keep current owners happy, their first priority is probably to increase the # of Leaf owners nationwide, and replacing a 2011/2012 with a 2013 doesn't help that. JMO...

jfon101231 said:
I.e. although Nissan wants to keep current owners happy, their first priority is probably to increase the # of Leaf owners nationwide, and replacing a 2011/2012 with a 2013 doesn't help that. JMO...
Impression I got from the dealer is that Nissan wants to make the MY13 Leaf a real success and they won't pull any punches. The loyalty program should be out shortly before the cars start coming to dealerships.

BTW, the older Leafs will get sold, somehow or the other, to new owners. So, any new '13 sale will increase number of owners.

ps : It would be fairly easy for Nissan to refurbish and sell in other countries, if they need to.

I got a call from a dealer in Atlanta. They won't be receiving 2013 LEAFs until the end of February, maybe early March. The salesperson said they believed the first LEAFs out of the factory would be going to the west coast and midwest, then the southeast and northeast.

It is a dealer salesperson, so take that for what its worth.

Since the lease buyout parameters are different in California - I don't know why but likely because of some state law - it probably will not do us here much good as getting out of a lease is extremely difficult and expensive here... I hope that I am proven wrong!

evnow said:
Impression I got from the dealer is that Nissan wants to make the MY13 Leaf a real success and they won't pull any punches. The loyalty program should be out shortly before the cars start coming to dealerships.

TomT said:
Since the lease buyout parameters are different in California - I don't know why but likely because of some state law - it probably will not do us here much good as getting out of a lease is extremely difficult and expensive here... I hope that I am proven wrong!
I'm not sure if there is a difference in the way leases are treated here in WA & in CA.

Do you guys have to pay sales tax on the buyout ? That might make some difference. In that case it may be easier to just payoff the remaining leases (some 350x12=4200), if there is a decent loyalty program to offset some of that cost.

Been reading on here for a bit, but this is my first post.

Preordered a 2013 Leaf. Just heard from the dealer on the lease deals for the S.

24 months: $1995 down plus drive away for $99 per month plus tax.
36 months: $1995 down plus drive away for $199 per month plus tax.

Take it with a grain of salt, but that is the information I just received.

edit: Salesperson said that this is not yet official!

I believe 12,000, as that is what we have discussed previously, but it was not specified.

oscarZ said:
24 months: $1995 down plus drive away for $99 per month plus tax.
36 months: $1995 down plus drive away for $199 per month plus tax.
Using the residual & MF Nissan has announced, this doesn't look right. I'm getting $199 for S (1995 down) for 24 months & $250 for 36 months.

Back