2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2013 SV
Options: a) LED & Charging package b) Mats c) Cargo Net d) Splash guards e) Cargo cover

0 down
$246 monthly payments
$395 disposition fee
Total 2 year cost = $6302
12k mi/yr (2yr)

VPP pricing. No sales tax in WA for EV purchases.

Car Pros in Burien, WA.

SV + 2 packages + splash guards + mats.

VPP + $1,000 loyalty as a current Leaf owner.

2k down.

Money Factor : 0.00154
Residual : 60%
Miles : 12,000 per year

Monthly lease : $125

Total 2 year cost : $5270 including registration & disposition fee.

evnow said:

2k down.

Does the $1k Nissan Loyalty count for half your $2k down payment?

sonnylax said:
evnow said:

2k down.

in a car dealership almost everything can be negotiated, however if it is taken away "here" it may show up "there"

evnow said:
sonnylax said:
No. That is separate and they calculated the lease with 8,500 in discounts.

Thanks. This conflicts with what Corina1231 stated a few pages back. He implied that the $1k Loyalty kicker from Nissan could be used in lieu of a down payment.

You got a very nice deal.

sonnylax said:
evnow said:
sonnylax said:
No. That is separate and they calculated the lease with 8,500 in discounts.

Thanks. This conflicts with what Corina1231 stated a few pages back. He implied that the $1k Loyalty kicker from Nissan could be used in lieu of a down payment.

You got a very nice deal.
My mistake. I thought when Nissan said loyalty $ is credited as as money down that they meant it counts directly as MY down. Instead, in CA it falls under the category of "rebates and noncash credits" ($1000 will be added to the fed $7500 and show up as $8500) in the CA Nissan lease agreement. Note on page 53 of this thread I cleared this issue up up with redjr, who just as Evnow was credited the $8500 as rebates. Also, visit the companion thread devoted solely to the $1000 customer discount loyalty program where Iluvmacs reports on p.7 that the $8500 appears in his WI Nissan Lease agreement in the line totaling "lease cash". No wonder it's so confusing since it's being reflected differently in the Nissan state lease agreements.

Either way, I am so stoked that both Evnow and Iteststuff worked great deals the get the SV with QC and more in WA for around $6300 (before Evnow got another $1000 off for customer loyalty!) and that Redjr snagged the same car for about $6000 in WI (then another $1000 off for his customer loyalty $). These are GREAT deals guys and give all of us Leaf buyers hope! Congratulations to all!

Anybody have a good offer recently in the Atlanta area? I'm not sure I'm going anywhere with my search :(

sonnylax said:
The down payment you put in is completely at your discretion. They will do zero down all the way to 2900 or so (more than that, you get into -ve depreciation territory). I did 2k down just so that it would be an easier conversation with my wife if I need to buy another EV before 24 months are over ;)

evnow said:
kmp647 said:
Evnow , did you get rid of your old Leaf or keep it?
I'm transferring the lease to a co-worker.

I am curious as to why you got a 2013 as well? were you losing range or just wanted the more comfortable climate (heated seats, exchanger, etc) in winter?

I never considered ending my lease early or transferring because I am hoping that the 2014 has the same or greater level of enhancements from the previous years. every year has had a lot of improvements.

evnow said:
sonnylax said:
The down payment you put in is completely at your discretion. They will do zero down all the way to 2900 or so (more than that, you get into -ve depreciation territory). I did 2k down just so that it would be an easier conversation with my wife if I need to buy another EV before 24 months are over ;)

If you decide to put more money down do make sure you have an understanding of the lease contract and what happens if the car is totalled, in previous leases Nissan would take the car, insurance money and then consider the lease paid off so while you didn't owe anything if there was a positive difference between the insurance money and the lease pay off you would loose this money.

OK, so wife finally gave the go ahead to get the leaf. I will keep my ICE for a while too until she decides all is OK.

In any event, I am now going forward more seriously with the dealers with regards to lease offers. Most have been willing to send via email detailed information. Interestingly Boardwalk Nissan has not been too forthright. I can't get a really detailed offer from the guy there. He also mentions a required service maintenance package which is $380 for two years, or $610 if paid yearly. Nobody else has ever mentioned anything like that. Sounds bogus to me. Thoughts?

Hi all, newb here. I leased my '13 Leaf SV with LED QuickCharge package in April, and I read this board extensively when planning my acquisition. So I wanted to just check in and say a big THANK YOU to everyone for sharing their information here. (FWIW, I am a terrible negotiator, and so it was a huge help to have this thread. )

I negotiated thru a handful of Internet sales managers, primarily via email, and ended up going with my nearby dealer (after getting the best deal with them). I got lucky in that one dealer quoted me a very low price indeed, and then my local dealer almost matched it (and then it turned out that the very low price was not available, a mistake on their part, which helped me out to the tune of $2000 or so).

Here are my lease deal details--
('13 SV with LED/QC, Floor mats=Sticker $34,615, Gross Cap. Cost=31,564)
36 month lease, 12k miles/yr, $320/month payments (includes tax), $1183 paid at closing.

I'm sure that it's not the best deal possible, but in the interest of sharing information, I'm posting it. HTH.
Good luck to you current shoppers, and thanks again to everyone who has posted here!

Cheers,
Susan

pugzilla said:
Hi all, newb here. I leased my '13 Leaf SV with LED QuickCharge package in April, and I read this board extensively when planning my acquisition. So I wanted to just check in and say a big THANK YOU to everyone for sharing their information here. (FWIW, I am a terrible negotiator, and so it was a huge help to have this thread. )

I negotiated thru a handful of Internet sales managers, primarily via email, and ended up going with my nearby dealer (after getting the best deal with them). I got lucky in that one dealer quoted me a very low price indeed, and then my local dealer almost matched it (and then it turned out that the very low price was not available, a mistake on their part, which helped me out to the tune of $2000 or so).

36 month lease, 12k miles/yr, $320/month payments (includes tax), $1183 paid at closing.

I'm sure that it's not the best deal possible, but in the interest of sharing information, I'm posting it. HTH.
Good luck to you current shoppers, and thanks again to everyone who has posted here!

Cheers,
Susan
Susan, your deal is great! After you apply for and receive your $2500 CA state rebate because you leased for 3 year or more, the total cost of your deal on the loaded SV is UNDER $9000 (down plus total of payments plus $395 dispo fee at end of lease). That's less than $3000 a year which is very good for the loaded SV lease!!! Congratulations!!!

Sorry, my math was off. It's actually about $3400 a year. For some reason the 3 year leases are not the bargain they normally are over a two year lease. Your deal is a couple hundred more a year than what others have been getting on 2 year leases for the the same car. Anyway, you'll save thousands in fuel and enjoy the carpool lane. Best of luck!

Corina1231 said:
pugzilla said:

Cheers,
Susan
Susan, your deal is great! After you apply for and receive your $2500 Ca state rebate because you leased for 3 year or more, the total cost of your deal on the loaded SV is UNDER $9000 (down plus total of payments plus $395 dispo fee at end of lease). That's less than $3000 a year which is very good for the loaded SV lease!!! Congratulations!!!
How do you figure? I come up with $10,278. 320x35 + 1183 + 395 -2500. Per year is about $3400.

DaveinOlyWA said:
I am curious as to why you got a 2013 as well? were you losing range or just wanted the more comfortable climate (heated seats, exchanger, etc) in winter?
All that + some more.
- I save some money (about $100 a month)
- I don't think the cars I want to buy next (Infiniti LE or i3) will be readily available by next Feb when my lease ends
- This helps someone else get into an EV

QueenBee said:
If you decide to put more money down do make sure you have an understanding of the lease contract and what happens if the car is totalled, in previous leases Nissan would take the car, insurance money and then consider the lease paid off so while you didn't owe anything if there was a positive difference between the insurance money and the lease pay off you would loose this money.
Yes, we talked about this at length last time around.

Back