2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's my coming out party! When the first Leaf's started rolling off the line I swore to myself that my next vehicle would not burn gasoline. Thanks to the people on this forum I was able to shoot for a 2 year lease price of a Leaf that I thought I could secure. I am now the very proud owner of a 2013 SV + mats + 15K miles/year for a total 2 year lease price of $5852 (includes factoring in the disposition). I have had perma grin ever since I picked it up! :D

Thanks everyone!

On to the EVSE threads.... :)

torabb said:
I'm looking for 2-year lease deals on a base S model with 15k miles per year (Central FL). The best deal I've been able to find is $239/month (24 payments, stated to include all taxes and fees, but not tag). Basically $5,736 total cost of lease. That seems to be higher than most of what I've seen on this forum (however not many FL postings). I would like to hear any thoughts on this offer. Do people sometimes lease from an out of state dealer to get a better offer? It seems there are some West coast dealers who run very high volumes and the best S model deal I've seen on this site was in Wisconsin.

That does seem high to me too. Does that 5763 quote include an end of
lease disposition fee?

mn4az said:
It's my coming out party! When the first Leaf's started rolling off the line I swore to myself that my next vehicle would not burn gasoline. Thanks to the people on this forum I was able to shoot for a 2 year lease price of a Leaf that I thought I could secure. I am now the very proud owner of a 2013 SV + mats for a total 2 year lease price of $5852 (includes factoring in the disposition). I have had perma grin ever since I picked it up! :D

Thanks everyone!

On to the EVSE threads.... :)
Congratulations! Very nice deal you got, similar to what MN resident Leafinthepark got about 45 days ago. It's great to see MN residents aren't getting gouged by their Nissan dealers as the unlucky folks in HA, NJ, Fla. and Mass. are.

sonnylax said:
torabb said:
I'm looking for 2-year lease deals on a base S model with 15k miles per year (Central FL). The best deal I've been able to find is $239/month (24 payments, stated to include all taxes and fees, but not tag). Basically $5,736 total cost of lease. That seems to be higher than most of what I've seen on this forum (however not many FL postings). I would like to hear any thoughts on this offer. Do people sometimes lease from an out of state dealer to get a better offer? It seems there are some West coast dealers who run very high volumes and the best S model deal I've seen on this site was in Wisconsin.

lease disposition fee?

This was supposed to include everything (taxes & fees) except tag fees so I won't consider additional fees. Are you finding much better deals in Georgia (not counting the state $2500)? Has anyone done lease deals sourced from out of state?

Corina1231 said:
Redjr wrote:

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Redjr, thank you for your post.

I'm about to use my $1000 loyalty discount to lease my second Leaf. I'm confused as to how it is "reflected" in your deal. I spoke with Nissan when I got my mailer re: the $1000 loyalty money and they indicated that it will appear as $1000 down on my new lease agreement. Your down is shown as $996.97. Is that the $1000 Nissan money? Or was your true down $1996.97 and you paid $996.97 of that?

What is the down as it appears on your lease agreement? How is the $1000 "reflected" in your lease deal? Did you actually make a deal for $6027.53 for the SV and will only pay $5027.53 because of the $1000 loyalty money?

I checked my vehicle lease agreement, and it appears if they listed that on capitalized cost reduction , line 5a. Along with the national rebate because it totaled $8500.00. But that amount is also on line 6b labeled costumer rebates. Of course, there are a zillion numbers on those contracts, but, at least to me, all that mattered was the total cost when my lease is finished.

I'm guessing that with your experience in the auto sale industry, you would be able to decipher this better than I. If you need any more numbers off of my contract, please don't hesitate to ask.

Hope that helps?

Redjr, thank you for your post.

I'm about to use my $1000 loyalty discount to lease my second Leaf. I'm confused as to the $1000 customer loyaly money is "reflected" in your deal. Where does it appear on your lease agreement?

------------------------------------------------------

Redjr responded:

I checked my vehicle lease agreement, and it appears if they listed that on capitalized cost reduction , line 5a. Along with the national rebate because it totaled $8500.00. But that amount is also on line 6b labeled costumer rebates. Of course, there are a zillion numbers on those contracts, but, at least to me, all that mattered was the total cost when my lease is finished.

I'm guessing that with your experience in the auto sale industry, you would be able to decipher this better than I. If you need any more numbers off of my contract, please don't hesitate to ask.

Hope that helps?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Corina1231:

You're absolutely right. That $8500 rebate number is what I would have expected to be on your lease agreement ($7500 fed. Plus $1000 customer loyalty).

You got a nice deal to lease an SV for $6027.53, and it's so much sweeter when they knock another grand off and you only have to pay $5027.53. Can't wait to work a similar deal and get my second Leaf next month. Happy driving past the gas stations!

torabb said:

Hi,

Seems a little higher as I got an SV for 6200 (includes dispo fee of 395) total in SW Florida. Granted mine wasn't super, but I think you can get better. Our state is horrible for Leafs

toucansma said:
torabb said:

Hi,

Seems a little higher as I got an SV for 6200 (includes dispo fee of 395) total in SW Florida. Granted mine wasn't super, but I think you can get better. Our state is horrible for Leafs

Toucansma, take comfort for what it's worth, you still have the best Florida Leaf lease deal reported on this Forum, including 2012 and 2013!

Just curious, I know Fla. lacks state rebates on EVs but are there ANY state incentives such as tax, or carpool lane use? I was in Orlando last year and I know the traffic can get heavy. Carpool lane incentives might help. How is supply and demand, are there many on the lots and are they selling? Political, cultural or age issues influencing demand/sales?

I run my EVs off my home solar systems here in CA. Maybe if Fla. would reinstate incentives like CA to make solar cheaper it will lead to more EVs on the road. I read that you had them but they are temporarily frozen because of "high demand"? Duh! All that great sun you have!!!

toucansma said:
torabb said:

Hi,

Would you mind telling me where you bought your leaf and when? What are your monthly payments? For that small of a difference the SV w/ QC is certainly a better deal.

torabb said:
toucansma said:
torabb said:

Hi,

Would you mind telling me where you bought your leaf and when? What are your monthly payments? For that small of a difference the SV w/ QC is certainly a better deal.
Not really my business, but QC is a very expensive option. I believe Toucansma got his good (for Florida) deal on the base SV model without QC. If I'm wrong, he can correct me. One would have had to pay about $600 - $650 more for the QC option over the term of the lease.

Also, re: your other question about the $395 dispo fee, you mentioned that the offer you got did not address it. Unfortunately, the offers from the dealer never do mention the Dispo fee. You first learn about it first when you are initialing all the fine print in the NISSAN CORP. lease contract at the dealer's finance office. It is a VERY hidden cost collected by Nissan Corp. (not the dealer) upon drop off at end of lease. Nissan is not alone. All manufacturers have this "standard" fee in their lease contracts.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

torabb said:
toucansma said:
torabb said:

Hi,

It's a regular SV. Went to the Nissan dealer in Sarasota. 2,000 down (all fees except dispo, includes first month). $169/month (taxes included)

torabb said:
sonnylax said:
torabb said:

lease disposition fee?

This was supposed to include everything (taxes & fees) except tag fees so I won't consider additional fees. Are you finding much better deals in Georgia (not counting the state $2500)? Has anyone done lease deals sourced from out of state?

Yes. there are some slightly better deals of late in Metro Atlanta. My S Lease deal was about $300 cheaper then that just two weeks ago and included a Quick Charge package. (But only had 12k miles per year.)

I would try to negotiate with the Atlanta dealerships via email and see if you can do any better financially. Then see if your Central Florida dealers would match, dollar for dollar.

Good luck.

First time posting so I apologize for any etiquette errors.
I seem to be having a hard time getting a deal anywhere close to those noted on this thread. Anyone having luck in San Diego? I am wanting the SL with premium package. Best I've found:
2013 Leaf SL with premium package
$383/month x 24 months
0 down
Plus ttl, dispo fee.

Thanks so much for everyone's information. This has been a great education!

JJLeaf said:
I seem to be having a hard time getting a deal anywhere close to those noted on this thread. Anyone having luck in San Diego? I am wanting the SL with premium package. Best I've found:
$383/month x 24 months
0 down
Plus ttl, dispo fee.

JJ, welcome. As a long time poster on this thread, I wanted to respond in case no one else did. Your Leaf has no comps on this thread because it's the "Mercedes" of Leafs and constitutes less than 3 percent of all Leafs made, I'm sure. Then you have the added variable of being in San Diego where we've only had a half dozen posts or so.

I recommend you you first determine your TOTAL cost of lease (down plus total of payments plus $395 dispo fee). This formula will have baked into it all costs, including ttl. You have to know this to do any comparisons on this thread. It looks to me that your offer would cost you about $10,000 for your 2 year lease!

Next, I suggest you search this thread and compare what folks paid to lease the base SL in CA under your same terms, then add about $600 you will have to pay over the life of the lease for the premium package option, which is what it's worth prorated proportionate to the residual on a 2 year lease. This should give you some idea on how your deal compares to others. Best of Luck!

I too am having difficulty understanding the complex nature of leases. I have looked at the spreadsheet which shows numerous Leaf leases of the SV trim line to total around $6000 for 2 years. I can't seem to come close to that at multiple dealers, yet the deals look straightforward to me. Take this deal for example for an SV with QC and floor mats 12000 miles

2 years
List $34615
Discount -2480
Price $32135
Rebate -7500
Net cap 24635
Base payment 231.91
Monthly tax 20.29
Total monthly 252.20

Doc fee 80
Title license 297
Tire/bat 8.75
Other 39
Bank (must be acquisition fee) 595
Tax on collected items 663.25
1st payment 252.20
Due on delivery (sum of above) 1935.20

So, 23*252.20 is $5800.60 plus the 1935.20 plus the dispo fee at the end is $8130. And that is with a money factor of 0.00156, which is very good. Tax rate is %8.75. Tax on collected items is the tax on the rebate. No room there.

So this seems a bunch higher than some of the postings on the google spreadsheet. Yet, I don't see much place for wiggle room other than the price of the car, which is already discounted. What am I missing here?

Corina, thank you very much for the insights! Very helpful. For some reason (maybe because they are too expensive to sell) there are several SL's with the premium package in San Diego right now. But, they are still rare. Thanks again!

I got the same info yesterday, Nissan has reduced the residual to 60% (last month was 63%).

I'm still looking at a SV with no packages and might pick it up this week!

Jard said:
I got the same info yesterday, Nissan has reduced the residual to 60% (last month was 63%).

I'm still looking at a SV with no packages and might pick it up this week!

The lower residual definitely increases the cost of the lease. Makes it cheaper to buy the car at the end, but I am unlikely to do that.

JJLeaf said:
$383/month x 24 months
0 down
Plus ttl, dispo fee.

zero down sounds attractive but will bring your costs up. your deal is not the best but really does not sound that bad. my 2011 was more than that. i would go back to the dealer with down payment options (if its an option) to see how it changes the payments

Back